Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 7/22

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs! I did IMAX 2 and then followed it with one of Cathe's stretches from Total Body Stretching. I have to take Max to the derm this morning for cracking skin (ouch!) so I thought I would get everything done early.

Hi Hermia! It's good to see you on here- saw your post in OD and last night's post on our thread about weight gain. I am 35 and find that I have to be much more careful than when I was 25. Of course, I've never been underweight but I sympathize just the same. :)

Have a great day everybody!

Today was yoga and I did the YogaX workout from the P90X series.

WOW!

I loved it! Very good instruction from Tony and he didn't get on my nerves like he does in Ab Ripper.

I only had time to do about an hour and ten minutes. I stopped at Yoga Belly 7. I really really want to do Yoga Belly. I will somehow get it in this week.

My body is tingling. I could do most of the poses except for Crane. I just cannot balance or hold myself up on my elbows. I can't even fathom how that is done. Frog was difficult, too, but I could somewhat get into that position.

I had to laugh when we were doing Cobbler pose and Tony goes, "I recommend foot spray." LOL! I actually laughed when I heard him say that.

Very good yoga workout, I think almost better then Bryan Kest, and that is saying alot. I enjoyed and can't wait to do it again! :eek:

Good Morning Maniacs...almost afternoon.

I ended up cleaning non stop yesterday. I am like some wild passion freaky person that cannot stop once I get going sometimes. Just didn't want to be pulled away, but alas, today is Arms/Shoulders/Abs and I will have time to do it as my clean freaky ways are toning down. I will post tomorrow.

Debbie,

Was wandering how you would like Yoga X. The first half is boooorrriinngg to me, but then I enjoy the rest very very much. I really do enjoy Tony's sense of humor.

Today was Legs and Glutes and pilates abs from STS,

M1 Protein shake with berries
M2 Protein shake
M3 Turkey on Ezekail wrap, plum
M4 almonds
M5 Turkey chili
M6? maybe yogurt

I have to get going because I am meeting dil at the library after I pick up all of the children. I thought I would post my workout right quick. I started with AMy's Kettlebell Dynamnics w/up workout#2 core and stretch, then I did APX back, Bodymax2 back, APX biceps, Bodymax2 biceps, APX triceps, Bodymax 2 triceps, abs, stretch. Total calories burned was 603.

Morning Maniacs-
Thought I would pop in before I leave for Fla. I did not get to my planned workout this morning. Time managed to disappear yet again. I did pack some workout stuff and healthy food (with a few goodies) so I will be reminded that I am on vacation not checking out. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll be back Monday.
Theresa

:cool:Bye Theresa, have a safe trip!

I had the best lunch- microwaved a sweet potato. Put 1 cup of cottage cheese in the blender with loads of cinnamon and a bit of honey (er, and a little splenda :eek:). I blended until smooth and poured it over the chopped up sweet potato. It was like a cinnamon roll dessert or something. It was a little carb heavy but every now and again, that's OK. :cool: Plus it is better than eating cookies or other junk- really killed my sweet tooth. :eek:

Foods for Today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Garlic chicken over spaghetti; plum
M4: 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt w/1 tbsp. honey & 1/4 c. fresh blueberries
M5: Bison burger on 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/1 thin slice provolone; sauteed veggies
M6: Cinnamon Protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1521.5 calories
46 g. fat - 27%
137 g. protein - 36%
148 g. carbs - 39%

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did Prevention 321 Cardio/weight circuit. Workout was 60" and I burned 479 calories.

I also did Classical Stretch Oceanside and AM Yoga - Hip openers.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - glad you are enjoying your yoga. Nothing seems to make me feel good any more....ever since this job on my feet 10 hours a day and the car accident! I'm trying to fit more yoga in, but I may need to cut into my workout time and try a chiropractor first! tony always makes me laugh. I like him, as he's a goof.

I wish I could soak in the tub. Still not allowed to take a bath. I go for the followup of my surgery on Friday!

Patti - Interesting recipe - I can't decide if it sounds good or if it sounds disgusting.:confused::p:D

Okay today was Meso 1 Disc 8, Back and Triceps. Really torched my tri's today.

Lat pulldowns with band - Purple Band Doubled/ 10 reps
Double Arm Band Rows High End - Purple Band Doubled/ 28 reps
Seasaw Pushups - 10 reps
Dips - BW/16
Chinups 9 unassisted/3 assisted ( I keep going up 1 each week)
Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell) - 17#/15
T-Pull with band - Purple/36
Flat Bench Barbell Triceps Extensions -43#/14 (up 3#)
Barbell Rows - 65#/21
Y's with band Purple/36
Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell) - 17#/15
One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell) - 37#/15
Deadlifts (dumbbell) 40's/8
Close Grip Bench Press (dumbbell) - 35's/15 (up 5# and just made it)
One Arm press Down with Band -Purple Band Doubled/36 reps
Chinups - 5 unassisted/6 assisted
Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell) 33#/15
Barbell Rows 65#/21
Double Arm Rows with Band Purple Band Doubled/36 reps
Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell) - 16#/15
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms 35's/10
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms 30's/10
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms 25's/10
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell) 16's/15
One Arm Band Kickbacks purple/36
Pullups - 2 unassisted/10 inverted rows
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) - 21's/10
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) - 17's/10
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell) - 14's/10 (these did me in)
Straight Arm Flys Prone on Incline Bench - 12's/10
Side Lying One Arm Pushups 16 reps
Scapular Retractions (barbell) 65#/15
Superman on Floor Arms & Legs Elevate 24 reps

I have been enjoying some of the recipes in the squeaky gourmet cookbook. Yesterday I had my grandson help chop up stuff for the corn tomato salsa. We used fresh tomatoes from dd's garden instead of canned. I ate some last night on the turkey burger and skipped the sweet and sour onions. It was yummy. I also made the lime spiced steak and it was good.
Today's meals were:
b- cappucino protein smoothie
l- Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad
s- 2 peanut butter muscle bombs
d- 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, scrambled with 2 oz turkey sausage, fat free cheddar and some of yesterdays corn tomato salsa
s- I just blew it with a small bowl of fat free orange sherbet:eek:

Patti, I bet that did taste good. A much better way to take care of the sweet tooth:D

Theresa, enjoy your trip.

Debbie, Yoga X always left me feeling really good when I finished it.
Took awhile but I was finally able to get that crane move. I agree with Charlotte that the first part got sort of boring afterwhile.

Charlotte, sometimes because I didn't want to go through all of those endless down dogs I would do about 20 minutes and then move on to the last 35 minutes which I believe started with the crane move.

I took 2 rest days after the 43 miler (plus 7 later in the day!) I really didn't want to rest yesterday but Mark's dogs got out and I had to get them back in and then search for the unthinkable around where I thought they may have gone. Thus far, nothing, thank goodness. I would go over the edge and quite possible not come back if anything happened again. ANYWAY, getting them back made my legs hurt b/c I was basically doing walking squats all the way back home!

Today, I tried my new swim paddles and pull buoy for 300 meters and then regular swimming for 300 meters. Then, I did Slo Mo legs and let me just say OUCH. Tonight, I am going to do some abs, but very little b/c a bigger one is on tap for tomorrow, and then some steady state to help work out my legs. Saturday will be another 40 miler.

Diane Sue - I have had that cookbook for a few weeks not and have yet to try anything. Once again, I will make my offer to come live with you and let you cook for me :) :) :)

Happy Night to all~~~

Shana, I don't know how you did Slo Mo legs with your legs hurting like that. I bet they are really screaming now. That is one tough workout.

Shana, I don't know how you did Slo Mo legs with your legs hurting like that. I bet they are really screaming now. That is one tough workout.

You *ain't* lying!!! I am trying to keep moving so the soreness doesn't settle in too much. Hope I don't fall down when I get out of bed in the AM! :eek: I had to go down some in weights b/c my legs were shaking like crazy and I was literally screaming. This did not stop the shaking and screaming but did let me continue on...

Yeah, Slo Mo legs is pretty tough. I always do the two set premix and that's quite sufficient for me. Even two sets makes me sore!

Patti--yes, I probably should start being a bit more mindful of what I eat, just because it seems that things may be starting to slow down for me. I am so used to being able to eat anything and not having it matter. Not that I"ve blown up or anything, but it's just an adjustment.

Today I did Tracey's High Intensity step mix 2 combos 1-4 and in a little bit I'm going to try out some stuff from my new dvd off the yaya swap, Ravi and Ana's yoga quick fixes (or whatever it's called.) maybe it will help me sleep. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and never managed to fall back asleep.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.