Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 7/20

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I have some cardio on the agenda- something lower impact today. My knees are bugging me a bit so I am trying to take care. Maybe Low Max or LIC cardio?

Have a great day everyone!

Today was cardio and I had my heart set on doing Amy's In The Ring. I have two DVD players and the one that plays my Amy workouts (its a long story) wasn't working because the stupid power went out over the weekend. It reset something so I couldn't get that DVD player to work.

So I had to do Kick, Punch & Crunch and I don't particularly care for this workout. The first 10 minutes doesn't even get me out of my rest zone and the rest of the workout, although it gets me sweaty, doesn't get my HR up all that high at all. I think the highest it got was 143 bpm. I remember I use to think this workout was tough, it really isn't. I ran out of time and couldn't od the ab work.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 minute total
16 minutes below zone (see - this never happens)
29 minutes in zone
17 minutes above zone
467 calorie burned

Happy with the calorie burned, that kind of surprised me.

Yesterday was a rest day. I was gone a lot of the day and just did not have time to ckeck in.
My workout is done. I did more of a metabolic workout today. Will do some strength work tomorrow. I started with Tracey's Results Fitness Boost Your Metabolism 52 minutes 305 calories, then I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness Bootcamp double session premix 55 minutes 458 calories, i then worked abs soing 5 sets of 25 reps at 160# Bowflex kneeling crunches, then 3 sets 25 reps 50# Bowflex oblique twists each side, finishing with 15# med ball rocket shoots at 3 sets of 25 reps. . I finished off with the bonus stretch session on Bootcamp skipping the w/iup for a nice 18 minute stretch. I like the ballistic stretching and plow moves that Kelly puts in this one. Total calories burned today was 919.

Pre workout I had one small protein pancake with no topping
Post workout was a low carb pita with left over eye of round roast, veggies, and some fat free ble cheese dressing
Lunch I plan on trying the Squeaky Gourmet Turkey burger with sweet and sour onions
Dinner is undecided as I really need to get to the grocery store

We have been sloooow lately- maybe because it's summer?

Did anyone else see Shana's pics on FB of her race? Totally cool, she looks awesome. :cool:

I did Low Max- was only going to do combos 1-4 and by then I was into it so I finished it. Then I did the BC core only premix and the LM stretch.

Diane Sue: Did you see the pics from KCM's new DVDs? Did you preorder them? The look really fun and wow she is getting some major height in the plyo one! :eek:

Debbie: I just don't care for KPC, never have. I'll do it from time to time, but I dread it and it just bores me. I can't even say why. Weird.

Last edited:
Patti - thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliment! I don't know if I posted the link for the last race or not.

Well, if anybody is interested, here is a link to my ride yesterday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029031&id=1283405773&l=b685d5a207

It was a 43 mile ride. Later in the day, I rode another 7 (slow this time) to make it 50 for the day and to help work my legs a little bit and that helped. They feel great today. I did the ride with David, who has ridden seriously for about 4 years. We were a good match since he has taken a few weeks off. Our average was 18.1 mph but we topped out at close to 29 mph and in pace lines, it varied b/w 18 or so and about 20. That was my first experience with a pace line. I wore my HRM but stupid me forgot to hit start (I had gotten it to the point where there was just one more tap of the button to start it) until we were about 10-15 minutes into the ride. It recorded a calorie burn of 1712 so I guess it was about 1800 for the ride. When finished, I was starving!!

The night before, I did a nice steady on the arc for 22 minutes and then did easy spinning on the bike for 1 mile to work out the lactic acid. I think I posted the other workouts.

Diane Sue - are you all settled in? Happy with your workout space?

Patti - take care of the knees! Hope they feel better soon. I was pleasantly surprised that mine didn't hurt after yesterday. Did I ask this? Are you considering Insanity?

Debbie - I have yet to ever actually finish KPC. I try and try to get interested in KBxing again but it just hasn't happened for me yet.

So, I am thinking of going a different direction. BUT, I am so undecided about it all. On the one hand, I would like to do P90X. And I want to do STS again. I am completely fine to let other weight workouts go for now as I am tired of them. I have thought about Insanity. But really, would I enjoy it? And it seems like my joints would scream at me. It looks awesome though. My thoughts are leaning toward the TRX Suspension system, kettlebells and the rope workouts (i.e. Ropes Gone Wild). And cardio coach and itrains for pure cardio. Functional fitness seems interesting and I am loving the triathlons and that seems to be a good training system for them. My goal is to one day do the Half-Iron. I guess I could use P90X, just not as directed, and incorporate it. Who knows. I have finally learned to only do what I love though, rather than trying to make myself enjoy something that I dread! So, I have lots of useless DVDs but oh well. One day, maybe they will seem interesting...

Nice workouts ladies. Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of days. I got ttotm and have been useless. Plus, I overextended myself with plans and was completely exhausted yesterday. This morning I have been running around town and on the phone non stop trying to get info to start my new job. I was supposed to start today but the university I graduated from would not release information to them, so I am starting next week and decided to go on a mini-cation to Fla with my friend.

I am going to start a new rotation and given the current situation, I may start next week.

Wk 1- 3 total body circuits and 2 cardio sessions
Wk 2-one body part per day with 4x 45 min cardio sessions
Wk 3- 3 day split
Wk 4- 1 upper, 1 lower, 1 total body

I'll BBL...I have to run out.
Theresa

Patti - sorry to hear about your knees. Hope they are okay.

Debbie
- Do you take BCAA's on cardio days? on rest days?

Shana - That was one heck of a bike ride.

Today was Meso 1 Disc 7. And I will say it again that woman seriously loves pushups! Had a great pump in my Biceps by the end of this workout.

Crossover Pushups - 16 reps
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 20's/10
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 15's/10
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 12's/10
Barbell Curl - 55#/10
Pushups on Stability Ball Elmo Style 15 reps
Standing Front Raise (barbell) 25#/15 (mistakenly did Front Presses first)
Seated Incline Hammer Curls Both Arms - 17's/15
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell) 25's/15
Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell) 18's/15
One Arm Preacher Curl Stability Ball (dumbbell) 20#/15
Push Ups - Standard 8 reps
Push Up Wide 8 reps
Push Ups - Standard 30 reps (had to drop to knees half way thru)
Alternating Seated Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbell) 18's/15
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls 40#/15 (almost didn't make it on this one)
Chest Flys on Stability Ball (dumbbell) 20's/15
Lateral Side to Front Combo (dumbbell) 8's/8
Incline Band Hammer Curl purple band/32
Straddle Pushups 18 reps
Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell) 10#/15
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell) 20's/16
Staggered Pushups 16 reps
Bow and Arrow w/ Band purple band/19
Barbell Curl Wide Grip 43#/21's (up 3#)
Pushups Drop Sets 14/12/10/8/6 (she' nuts putting drop sets of pushups in at this point, but I did them, all on my toes too!)
Standing Upright Rows (barbell) 40#/15
Alternatating Standing Curls 22's/16
Pushups 21's
Standing Barbell Front Press 30#/21's
Barbell Curl Narrow Grip 43#/21's (up 3#)

So, I am thinking of going a different direction. BUT, I am so undecided about it all. On the one hand, I would like to do P90X. And I want to do STS again. I am completely fine to let other weight workouts go for now as I am tired of them. I have thought about Insanity. But really, would I enjoy it? And it seems like my joints would scream at me. It looks awesome though. My thoughts are leaning toward the TRX Suspension system, kettlebells and the rope workouts (i.e. Ropes Gone Wild). And cardio coach and itrains for pure cardio. Functional fitness seems interesting and I am loving the triathlons and that seems to be a good training system for them. My goal is to one day do the Half-Iron. I guess I could use P90X, just not as directed, and incorporate it. Who knows. I have finally learned to only do what I love though, rather than trying to make myself enjoy something that I dread! So, I have lots of useless DVDs but oh well. One day, maybe they will seem interesting...

I'm also on the fence on my next rotation. A friend of mine is started STS and I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and do it with her. We will probably start in August sometime. I think the Insanity workouts look to be very hard on the joints. Lots of high impact movements. Unless you have nice flooring with cushion, I wouldn't do it. That's just me, though.

Debbie - Do you take BCAA's on cardio days? on rest days?

No, not before but right afterwards I take 3.

I don't take any on rest days.

I think I'm going to start STS soon. You are making me really want to do this rotation! Now I wish I would have started with you.

No, not before but right afterwards I take 3.

I don't take any on rest days.

I think I'm going to start STS soon. You are making me really want to do this rotation! Now I wish I would have started with you.

Thanks, Debbie. I wish we could have done STS together, that would have been a hoot! Have to admit that now that I am doing it I kinda wish I had bought the disc. Four weeks of endurance is brutal, I can't wait for this part to be done!

I had to get up early today, as I had an 8:00 am doctor appt. I didn't get much sleep and I have to work 'till close tonight. I didn't have that great of a workout.

I did Fit in Your Jeans by Friday Upper Body & Ab Sculpt with Jennifer Galardi. Workout was 60" and I burned 420 calories.

I'm thinking about doing some stretching and foam rolling for my back and neck prior to work, but I'm not sure if I'll have time.

Have great workouts everyone.

Meals for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Garlic chicken over spaghetti; peach
M4: Blueberry greek yogurt
M5: Bison burger on 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/1 thin slice provolone; sauteed veggies
M6: Cinnamon Protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1532.5 calories
50 g. fat - 29%
139 g. protein - 36%
133 g. carbs - 35%

Meals today:

M1 protein shake with strawberries
M2 Protein shake with pnut butter
M3 chicken breast, nectarine
M4 chicken, asparagus, sweet potato
M5 strawberry yogurt with some protein powder

Shana, I enjoyed the pictures of your ride. I bet you were starving. That was a long ride. We are pretty well settled now. A few things to do. Still doing the picture hanging and decorating. This is unusual for me. I have always had the pictures and everything done within 2 days. My workout space is getting better as I move things and try to get things where I am comfortable.

Thank you, Diane Sue! It was a very fun ride. Glad you are getting settled in. Sometimes, it takes me a while to know where I want things, not that that really matters b/c I am never satisfied and am always changing things! Glad the workout room is coming together since that IS the most important room in the house.:D

Still doing the picture hanging and decorating. This is unusual for me. I have always had the pictures and everything done within 2 days.

LOL! I have lived in my house for almost 12 years and all of my picture are STILL NOT hung. :eek::eek::(:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.