Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 6/23

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! BM2 is on my list for later today. I will admit it just seems long right now, but I'm sure I'll be happy to be doing it once I'm there. I like the upper body work in it.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was some much needed cardio. I got a new DVD from Ebay called Strike Zone. The instructor is Tracey Staehle. Excellent workout and very fun. It has 12 Strike segments and each segment is about 4 minutes long so you don't do the same thing over and over again. I really liked it. Strike 9 was the hardest and I really need to practice it. It's more for abs and upper body so I really want to be able to get through it all. I enjoyed this workout big time. And my side kicks are getting better. :eek:

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
35 minutes in zone
20 minutes above zone
472 calories burned

I hear Tracey has a Strike Zone 2 coming out soon. You can bet I'll be one of the first to buy it!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday was on elliptical in the AM and burned 258 cals in 30 mins. Then worked arms/abs. Did the P90X + ab work.

ARMS- BICEPS: (2 min rest inbetween sets)

EZ BB Curls 80# 3/6
DB Curls 30's 3/8
Hammer Curls 35's 3/8
(I really need to go up on the db curls and hammer curls. I can push myself, and I don't think I need to worry about injury too much for this as I would for chest or triceps)

TRICEPS:
Close Grip BB 70# 3 sets of 8/7/6
Lying Tricep Ext w/15's 3/6
Dips 3/12

Rode my bike for 16 miles last night with my son. Went at a slow pace though. Lost 1/2 pound. That is it!!!! lol.

Today I will work shoulders and do some cardio. I have cleaning to do also. My neck is alittle pinchy again so I got to be careful.

Charlotte: 80# for biceps. Erm, yeah. Wow. :)

Debbie: What is the guy's name in that, I forget? But I think he's kind of hot in his own way- I like him and the way he cues. He's also in her yoga DVD and he's very flexible. :D

Debbie: What is the guy's name in that, I forget? But I think he's kind of hot in his own way- I like him and the way he cues. He's also in her yoga DVD and he's very flexible. :D

Joseff or something like that. I think he's weird! LMAO!!! He kind of reminds me of the Rock.

I got up at 4:30 this morning and did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2. I burned 609 calories. Today is lots of running around for me with tutoring, classes, tennis etc.. I keep getting headaches and I know it is all of the not so good things I keep eating. My son in law made pork chops with lots of salty seasoning and stuffing for dinner last night. Just a few days left.

Debbie, I love Strike Zone. I have a hard time with that section where they get down on the floor:) The same guy is in her Yoga Solutions. I am hoping she is going to do another with him.

Patti, I like the upper body work in Body Max 2. I have used it for just an upper day repeating the whole upper body segments to make a 40 minute upper workout.

Last edited:
Joseff or something like that. I think he's weird! LMAO!!! He kind of reminds me of the Rock.

Debbie: The Rock is HOT! Hmm, or maybe I'm just weird. :D

I have a hard time with that section where they get down on the floor:) The same guy is in her Yoga Solutions. I am hoping she is going to do another with him.

Patti, I like the upper body work in Body Max 2. I have used it for just an upper day repeating the whole upper body segments to make a 40 minute upper workout.

Diane Sue: I haven't done the original HISM with Tracey- I'll have to get to that soon. I forgot how hard that floor work is in SZ, too. Isn't there a double upper premix in BM2? I may split the darn WO in half today. :)

Patti, I meant High Intensity Step Mix 2. I edited it. I haven't done the other one in ages. Yes, I believe that there is an upper premix that includes double abs.

IDebbie, I love Strike Zone. I have a hard time with that section where they get down on the floor:) The same guy is in her Yoga Solutions. I am hoping she is going to do another with him.

Diane Sue - I couldn't get that either. And what bothered me was Tracey wasn't saying anything about doing them. I look up at the TV and the two girls are doing the spiderweb things and I'm like, WTF??? Tracey doesn't say anything about doing them through the whole segment. And then they start doing the ab stuff and the exercises changed and Tracey doesn't even say anything about it. It was weird. That was my only gripe about the workout.

Debbie: The Rock is HOT! Hmm, or maybe I'm just weird. :D

Patti - Yea, the Rock is ok. I think it was just the way Joseff talked that reminded me of the Rock. LOL!

Just checking to say...OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! My legs huuuurrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt. My entire body feels like it took a beating. Not that I'm complaining though..it's a nice feeling :D

Patti - I asked the guy at the little shop that helps sponsor the race and he said there are all sorts of ability levels, ages, shapes, sizes etc in the race. Some people do it to get in shape (which I don't really understand but my friend in Austin has seen the Iron Girl Tri and she said she was surprised at the lack of actual "athletes" in it - well, you would have to be an athlete to finish that but she said they just looked like normal people for the most part, some looking like no way could they finish), some people do it for the sense of accomplishment, for fun, whatever. He said that it is perfectly normal to hang on to the wall at the end of each lane to catch your breath. Boy, that made me feel better. I know that no matter what I tell myself, I will be freaked out that day about the swimming and will be so glad to have it over with! That will not help with any sort of regulated, patterned breathing, needless to say. I think you should go for it. I have already decided to do another one or two this year. There are also some dualthons around where you bike and run only.

Wanted to share...

There is a recipe book for people like us who like to eat clean and build muscle too. It is called "Squeaky Gourmet". A friend of mine has created her own cookbook. I met her on Facebook. I ordered the book and have it myself. The recipes are fantastic!!! I just let Debbie know. You can go to SqueakyGourmet.com to order. There is a coupon "squeakyfor10" and if you use it get the book for $14.95 instead of $24.95. You have to order thru google. I didn't have any problems though.

Debbie, those spiderweb things were not completely new to me as she does them on another workout but I know what you mean. I was totally lost the first couple of times I did that workout.

Charlotte, that cookbook sounds good. I have been trying to put together my own but it is taking awhile creating recipes and adjusting the ingredients for taste and the macros I want.

Diane Sue,

What I like about it the cookbook is that it is simple!! The recipes look good from all that I seen. Has a ratio breakdown of carbs, proteins and fats too so you know just what your taking in.

I did 4DS Kickbox & legs, doing the weights first premix. All I can say is those low plane lunges are brutal! Had to skip the abs section because I ran out of time. Also have some good DOMS from yesterday! Workout was 1:05 and burned 458 calories.

Debbie - I pm'd you!;)

Charlotte - I saw that person's cookbook a while back when she posted on your site. Went to her site and almost ordered it - this price sounds just right :) Thanks for the info.

I am going to swim later and do a short ride and run. Feeling great now that I am up and going.

Linda - how long are you going to do 4DS for?

Roselyn-
When you checkout throught Google and enter your info, it will take you to a second page with the spot to put the code on the bottom left. Guess it goes without saying that I ordered the cookbook as well.

Maniacs-
I am in need of some help or just listeners to my pity party. This is the second day in a row that I have had periods of intense dizziness (not as much nausea as yesterday). I took meds for motion sickness yesterday and it helped, so it leads me to believe it is an inner ear problem. I also have my monthly visitor today (5 days early) and really, really have no motivation to workout. I did get dizzy Saturday when I did the kettlebell circuit, but just dismissed it. So basically, I have no energy or desire to work out. I'm beginning to think I should just try again tomorrow and maybe do 4DS. Linda, do you feel like you getting a decent workout with that video?

I think I'm going to give my body another day to rest, and try again tomorrow. I'm very frustrated....I hope everyone has a good evening, and great workouts as usual.
Theresa

I tried that coupon and it said invalid. Am I doing something wrong?

Theresa, maybe it is your visitor causing dizziness. Are you premenopausal? Things start getting funky I hear. Take it easy, hydrate and eat to keep your blood sugar level.

Roselyn-I don't know what to tell you about the coupon. It worked for me earlier today. Is there a number to call, maybe you could place your order that way?

As far as premenopausal, I suppose it is possible, but I am only 30. I'm going to keep with the motion sickness meds and decongestant for another week. I went in to the doc for dizziness 2 weeks ago, but it was a different kind of dizziness. I don't know, maybe I'm just being a sissy.

Regardless, I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.