Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/23

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I just did Step Blast and had so much fun! It was a great workout- been a while since I did that one. Major bicep DOMS for me today- gotta love that! :eek:

Off for most of today- Maggie's 4th birthday party is today and this mama has to get a shower and get my guacamole made!

Off for most of today- Maggie's 4th birthday party is today and this mama has to get a shower and get my guacamole made!

Patti - Happy Birthday to DD! Have a blast at the party! My DD turned 4 in January.

Okay, being bull headed like I am, and being mad about the no DOMS in my Tris, I did this Fire Arms Superset that is part of the same HIT Rotation. I also did Amy's Kickbox Surge, stopping after the warmup to do the superset then doing the five combo/surges. Did not do the abs.

2 warmup supersets

DB Curl - 12's
-superset with-
OVH Extensions - 15

1 working drop set with 1 final set to failure
, re pattern 6,10,15,6

DB Curl - 27's, 20's, 15's, 27's ***Only made 5 reps on last set***
-superset with-
OVH Extensions - 35, 30, 25, 35 # ***Again only made 5 reps on last set***

Workout was 1:15 and burned 595 calories. Obviously I forgot to check the HRM or I would have ran around for the last 5 calories.:p

Today was Legs and I really wasn't sure I was going to workout. I got up and my head was pounding. I took 3 ibuprofin and within a half hour (and some coffee) I was good to go and I had a great workout. I didn't want to stop but I have stuff to get done today so I just did what was on my agenda.

Hamstrings are feeling pretty good. A little tight, but not painful.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

LEGS
SS #1
Squats:
75# - 10/10/10
superset w/
Elevated Barbell SLDL's:
70# - 10/10/10
***Good superset. Went parallel with the squats.

SS #2
Leg Press Station:
160# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Hamstring Curls:
40# - 12/12/12
***Really light weight for Hamstring Curls but I don't want to push my luck with them right now.

SS #3
Leg Extensions:
75# - 12
85# - 12/12
superset w/
Barbell Calf Raises:
130# - 20/20/20
***I can't seem to go heavy enough with Leg Extensions. They are so easy for me.

That is all....

Going to paint my mom's living room today. It's beautiful outside, we will ride! :cool:

Patti - I LOVE Step Blast! I need to pull that one out again soon. That is my favorite step workout.

Linda- You crack me up girl! Hope you get that triceps doms you are wanting. Nice job with the supersets. My triceps ALWAYS get doms. Biceps and shoulders are my no-doms body parts.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's SMSB Bootcamp workout followed by 20" of another upper body/cardio DVD. Workout was 70" and I burned 557 calories.

I'm not sure if I'll do another week of this rotation or not......can't decide.

Deb - I never get sore in my biceps or shoulders either!

Linda - You're funny......I never care about my readings....even if it says 599!

Have great workouts and enjoy your days. I'm working today 1-9. We've been so dead and my review comes up at the end of the month. I have to sell so much per hour to keep my job....and I'm stressed about it right now.

Today I did STS Plyo legs week#2. Not sure why I did week 2. I just grabbed one and did it. Calories burned was 413. I added a few extra reps during the breaks:) I did a few minutes of the Extended stretch but needed to get showered to go watch my granddaughter play her last soccer game. Afterward we went to look at some houses. I am hoping to get back into a routine next week. We will see. We have some houses to look at Monday. I am babysitting two of the grandchildren next week because my dd has to go back for a week even though school is out to finish things up.

Linda, I do that all of the time to get those calories at that right number LOL

Lora, I hope that business picks up. I am sure that is stressful worrying about your ob.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.