Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in for August 2017

Happy Labor Day! Today I did Muscle Meltdown Giant Sets minus the pushups. I also added in an additional set to make it 4 rounds. I think next time I need to go up in weights, it was not that hard this time. After, I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes, 2.1 miles, 6.5 incline and 3.2 speed. Total workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 610 calories. 125 Average heart rate and max was 165. It is a little cooler today but high humidity again. I am so wiped out from the heat, I'm over it. I want fall to arrive!

Warm Up Chest Press DB-
15# x 12

Four Rounds of Giant Set

Chest Press DB-
20# x 12

Chest Flies-
15# x 12

Incline Chest Press DB-
20# x 12

Incline Chest Flies-
15# x 12

Debbie,
welcome back. The total body workout looks like fun. I hope you enjoy it. I like what I have been doing because the workouts are short and I will have time to get in some cardio each day if I can stand the heat.

Diane Sue, I looked at that workout as well but feel the same way as Debbie does about the cardio. I believe that Roselyn did this workout a while back but cant remember how she felt about it. You should ask her what she thinks about it. Nice job on getting the workouts in!

Roselyn, I hope you are getting your workouts in.

Have a nice day!

Today I just did Total Body Giant sets which is my my rotation for today. No extras. This was 53 minutes, 286 calories. I used the calorie burn that I came up with my calorie calculater and map my fitness . My Fit Bit Blaze seems off a lot lately and right now my sleep tracker is not fully functional. It gives the time awake and asleep but quit the time in rem, deep, and light with percentages. It gave me 131 calories. I don't get it sometimes. The battery is fully charged. I tried shutting it all down and rebooting it. I read that there are others having the problem with the sleep function lately. I am wondering if they are messing with things for the new Fit Bit coming out and will have to update with fixes. I did not heavy up much on the workout today as I have Ripped with Hiit weights this week and tomorrow is legs. I have more busy days ahead. Hopefully I can get this last week of my 4 week rotation all in.

Roselyn, I hope you enjoy your labor day holiday time. I do think I remember you have core de force. Did you like it?

Debbie, I didn't purchase Core De Force. I was looking at it , but spent my birthday money on Cathe's pre-order and some clothing items. I am still kind of interested though. Nice workout. That is great that you were able to get so much in. The thing is, so many workouts are feeling repetitive. I know it is hard for instructors to come up with something new and different that is also safe. I just feel like I am not helping with gains doing the same thing all of the time. It is not just Cathe. They all have similar stuff. Beach Body's latest workouts seem to be a lot more cardio/weight geared toward total body.

Jolie, why don't you just use the premix on those dvds to do 4 rounds of Muscle Meltdown? You really get a lot out of those doing them that way. Great job. I don't remember hearing much at all from others on Core de force.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a pretty good workout. I didn't sleep well last night due to storms that came through until about 2 a.m. Scary stuff, lightning and very loud thunder. But at least it has passed and all is good.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.76 miles, burned 270 calories (TM said 376) and went 5616 steps. Avg. HR was 115 and Max was 162.

I also did PUB Abs.

Diane Sue - I am tired of all the cardio & weight workouts out there. I'm not ordering Cathe's new series because of that. I thought they were supposed to be like 4DS but it doesn't look that way to me. I'll wait until I can see some clips and then decide. I wish she'd do some bodybuilding workouts similar to Body Beast or even a follow up to Gym Style. I don't get why she doesn't do more like those workouts. Nice workout yesterday, I wonder what's wrong with your FB? That is frustrating.

Jolie - Nice workout, I'm still maybe wanting to get the ICE workouts, at least the lifting ones. They look cool.

Hope you all have great workouts!!!

No workout for me today, I have college application meetings with my sons counselor this morning. I slept really bad, it was hot and humid. I had to turn our air conditioner off because our bill was $600 last month!

Debbie,
the Muscle Meltdown is included with the ICE workouts which include cardio like all of her other workouts. I only use the weight lifting part of the dvd. I would not buy it, just copy down what I do and do it on your own. I tend to change the exercises up from time to time so I can hit different parts of the muscle. I Put together 5 exercises for one body part and do it as a Giant Set. No breaks between exercises and 12 reps per exercise. I love it because you don't have to lift heavy but it is really tough. I want to avoid injury so this works really good for me. For Arms I did a Bicep exercise right into a triceps exercise, using 5 exercises per body part and rep range of 12. Or, you could just do one body part the whole way through and then move on to the next body part. Nice workout today even though you were tired.

Diane Sue, sorry to hear you are having issues with your fitbit. I'll be back later to see what you did for your workout today.

Have a nice day.

I have to leave in a few minutes. I did get in Ripped with Hiit legs, 42 minutes, 265 calories. I will post weights later. I was still sore from yesterday I checked the Fit site and they posted yesterday that they realize there is a problem and it is not the Fit Bit it is a bug in their system. Give them time and they will fix it. There was over 400 complaints on this problem when I looked.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.