Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Debbie, I have not done Muscle Max in so long. I always did like that one too. Nice work today on that one.

Jolie, we have been having earthquakes here, but from fracking. I had some pictures that had the glass broke out in my workout room that rattled off the shelf. This just started in recent years. I am not worried after living in California though. It is not fun waking up to one though. I just end up not eating when I look and there is not something to grab which has been pretty much the case lately. I keep apples and grapes around and will sometimes grab that till I make something. That is way better than chips and cookies and that sort of thing. I don't keep boxes of protein bars around, because I would eat the box within a couple of days. I just pick up a Bullet Proof Collagen bar or Perfect bar once in awhile and have it for a treat.

Doz, I always have fun with Party Rockin Step #1. I like it the best of the two. I like the music. Even with cable and streaming the choices for movies are not that good most of the time. Once in awhile we will rent or purchase something I like.

Today I tried that Powerstrike Millennium workout and it was ok. I thought it would be a bit harder, but it was fun. The women on the workout were drenched with sweat and I hardly broke a sweat. Not sure I'd do it again. I did like the instructors, though.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 374 calories (not bad!) and it shows I went 5501 steps. HR was 127/209 but I never got up to 209. I bet I never hit 140 so not sure what that reading was from?

Diane Sue - MM is a good one, I've always like it. I wish there were better premixes on it, though. Nice workout yesterday!

Jolie - Holy crap, an earth quake? That would be scary, I don't think I'd like to deal with that at all!!!

DOZ - Nice job on your workout!!!

So I think I have poison ivy. Not sure how the heck I got it, but it's spreading quickly. I'm going to try and get into the doctors today, maybe they can give me something to calm it down. WTH, summer hasn't even started yet???

Have a great workout everyone!

Today I am taking the day off because I have a maid coming to clean my house and I have to pick up all of the clutter so I can get a good cleaning! This is the first time in about 6 years that I get to have my house cleaned, my dad treated me!!! My husband thinks if I don't work, why do I need help? Well, I have a very bad back and it goes out so bad when I mop floors and clean bathrooms. He would rather pay $300 for me to go to the chiropractor and be in pain for months and have me clean the house myself, rather than spending $100 a month to have someone else come and help me! WTF!!! I am not taking it anymore. He has no idea the intense pain I get with the bulging disc so I am putting my foot down. What does he care if he isn't paying for it!

Sorry, I had to vent!

Debbie, Powerstrikes later dvds are much harder than the one you did. I wish you had the ones I have, you would love them! Good luck with your skin issue...

I will be back later to read your posts!!!

Evening everyone,

Today’s workout STS shoulders, biceps & triceps, I really enjoyed this workout. My upper body is sore, in a good way; and I went for a walk 1 1/2 hr. The weather is beautiful today, going to do some lite cleaning then relax. Have a great day.

Debbie - Poison Ivy? were you doing any outside work? Dang!

Jolie - lol I’m yet to start my spring cleaning, so much to do, glad you got help.

Diane Sue- what did you do today? I will check back.

It took awhile to decide what to do for a workout. My grandson came by after the first few minutes to use my printer again. More forms to print up for a job :) My neck is much better, but the back and hip still hurt. What I don't get is both hips feel like I did a tough glute workout> I keep looking over my notes to see what could have set it off. Anyway, I started with Kelly's body design warm up and cardio bootcamp, heart rate average 132, max 167, 110 calories, 17 minutes. I then did X10 low impact only (no w/u or stretch), 12 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 167, 79 calories, I went on to do Kelly's Total Body kickbox workout 1 since I knew it was not a lot of jumping, 29 minutes, 200 calories, heart rate average 147, max 176. I finished off with the Sarah Beth Yoga from YouTube for low back pain 31 minutes, 68 calories. Total time was 90 minutes, calories 457. I forgot to write down my steps, but I believe it was around 6,000 when I was done with my workout.
I was a bit worried about my low back when carting groceries and the big packs of water around yesterday. It feels better after the stretching and workouts. My neck feels way better, but I could tell with the tiny bit of weight work in X10 that I am not ready for much yet.

Debbie, I seem to get a lot more calories on workouts that do not seem that hard to me. I don't know why that is. I hate those odd high heart rates that pop up. I am guessing some sort of quick glitch. When Polar used to do that I would see it would be their briefly. Also the 0 heart rate when I was jumping like a crazy person. At least I have not seen 0 on my Fit Bit. That is more irritating. Have you been outside where there would be poison ivy? The Power Strikes that I had were the older ones too.

Jolie, it will be nice to have the house all clean and be able to relax. My daughter used to have someone come in and clean when she was teaching. She was always so busy with activities and grading papers and planning in the evenings. It was good for her because she was always spending her days off trying to catch up.

Doz, nice job on your workout today and walk. I hope you had a nice day :)

Morning Everyone,

Today I did Kick Punch & Crunch And LesMill’s Core Attack. I will check back later to see what you guys did.

Diane Sue- sorry to hear about your hip&back. Still you pushed out an awesome workout, nicesssssss work.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump, cardio workout #1, 31 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 155, 198 calories, met 5.8, 2,987 steps. I then did Fit Split Low Impact cardio, 28 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 157, met 5.8, 1,730 steps. I finished off with SB Barre Amped lower body stretch , 20 minutes, 44 calories. Total time was 79 minutes, 421 calories burned. I am still fighting with this low back, right hip thing::( It makes it difficult to plan a workout. This evening is my granddaughter's wedding :) I need to get some things done here before I have to get ready.

Debbie, did you get in to see the doctor? How is the rash.

Doz, nice work today.

I woke up to a wonderfully clean house today and it made me smile!!! The best money I have spent in a long time...
It is funny how such a little thing can make a person feel so good.

Todays workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting and I modified it slightly so I could lift a little heavier weights. I eliminated the high ends and half way ups to just straight sets. I added some leg extensions at the end as well. Workout was 1 hour 5 minutes and I burned 428 calories. No rest between sets.

Seated Overhead Press- 20# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds of Giant Set )
Rear Raise- 10# x 16, x 16
Lateral Raise- 8# x 16, x 16
Front Raise- 8# x 16, x 16

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds )
Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16
Pull Overs- 24 # x 16, x 16

Chest Flies- 15# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds )
Chest Press- 20# x 16, x 16
Close Grip Chest Press- 15# x 16, x 16

Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds )
Cross Body Lying Triceps Ext.- 10# x 16, x 16
2 Arm Kick Backs- 8# x 16, x 16

Bicep Curls- 15# x 16, x 16 ( 2 rounds )
W Curls- 12# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls with a twist- 12# x 16, x 16

ABS
Leg Ext- 50# x 20, x 16, x 12

DOZ, nice job on the Kick Punch Crunch and core attack girl, those are tuff workouts!!!

Diane Sue, I hope your hip and back are feeling better today. Enjoy your time at your grand daughters wedding tonight!!!

Debbie, I hope you had a great workout today! I will check back in later to see what you did.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

My dad is coming this morning to spend a few days with me to help me with my sons issues and to celebrate his 85th birthday and Mothers Day. My mom is coming Saturday morning. Have a great day!

I went to my doctor yesterday and yep, sure enough, I have poison ivy. It's bad too, spreading all over my arms, neck and some parts of my stomach. I look awful and hate being at work looking like this. He gave me steroids and some cream. Doesn't seem to be working... So the nurse was doing all the crap they usually do and she put that clip thing on my finger to get my heart rate reading. I had to laugh because the top number said 99, which I'm assuming is the average number for me (not sure on that) but the bottom number was reading my HR at 42-47 bpm, which is correct. My HR is usually that low when I'm just sitting down. She looked at it, looked at me and asked me if my nail polish was thick. I said, no that is my HR reading, it's correct. She said, does your doctor know? LOL! I said, yea of course. She told me that reading was way too low. Whatever, I feel great and can't imagine my hear needs to do much to keep me alive. LOL!!!

Today I did STS Total Body - Single Sets Premix - which was perfect for this morning. Pretty fun and well rounded workout. I need to do it more often,

Triset #1
Dumbbell Squats:
15's - 16 reps
BSS: 12's - 16 reps each leg
Power Barbell Deadlift: 25# - 16 reps

Triset #2
Flat Barbell Bench Press:
65# - 12 reps
Chest Flyes: 25's - 12 reps
Dips: 16 reps

Bonus Burn
Close Grip Pushups:
8 reps
Standard Pushups: 16 reps

Triset #3
Barbell Rows:
45# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 12 reps each leg
Standing Dumbbell Curl: 15's# - 12 reps

Bonus Burn
T-Band Pulls:
a million reps
Seated Band Curls: also a million reps

Triset #4
Narrow Stance Squats:
15's - 16 reps
Static Lunge: 12's - 16 reps each leg
Deadlifts: 45# - 16 reps

Triset #5
Standing Overhead Press:
15's - 12 reps
Upright Row: 25# - 12 reps
Lateral Raise: 10's - 12 reps

Bonus Burn
Rear Delt Row w/Band:
a million reps

Triset #6
Side Slide Lunge:
12's - 16 reps
Back Slide Lunge: 12's - 16 reps
Wide Stance Deadlifts: 25# - 16 reps (could have gone heavier but didn't feel like changing the weights)

Skipped abs, although I really like those abs so hopefully I will have time to do them tomorrow.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 211 calories. HR was 116/138.

Walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, went 1 mile, burned an additional 118 calories and went 2445 steps. HR was 109/143.

Diane Sue - I haven't seen 0 on my FB, that used to annoy me to no end with the Polar. Glad the FB seems more accurate and shows about the correct readings. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you've been in, that must be very frustrating. What is causing it? Did you sleep wrong and that is why your neck is hurting? Pains in the neck area is awful, I hate when I get that. Hope you feel better soon.

Jolie - I will definitely get a couple other Powerstrike workouts. I really liked the instructors and the workout was fun, just not very challenging. And you go with your house keeper!! Kudos to you!!!

DOZ - KP&C has my favorite ab workout in it, love that one. Nice job doing KP&C, that is a tough workout!! I need to do that one again.

Hope you all have a great afternoon!!!

Debbie, the only problem I have read with having a really low resting heart rate is that certain times a doctor may need to know in an emergency setting so as to not give something that will make it even lower which could be life threatening. Otherwise it is probably not an issue. Yours is lower than mine which often runs in the 50's. I am sorry that you have such a bad poison ivy reaction.

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a great workout. I was a bit worried about getting hot and sweating, it seems to activate the poison ivy more, but it wasn't too bad and I took a cool shower afterwards. Had a really good workout.

Workout was 36 minutes, went 2.6 miles, burned 266 calories (TM said 351) and went 5173. HR was 128/191.

I also did the ab workout from STS Total Body. I like that one, it's fun.

Diane Sue - This poison ivy is horrible. It doesn't seem like the roids is helping any. I guess it has to work it's course. How was the wedding? Thursday is an odd day to get married. Hope it went well. Great job on your workout.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday!! Glad your dad is coming out to visit. Hope he can help your son.

DOZ & Roselyn - Hope you both have great workouts today!

Happy weekend everyone!!

Debbie, nice workout despite the poison ivy. I hope you get relief soon. They used a wedding chapel and it cost less doing it on a Thursday. The wedding was beautiful. There was food and dancing at the reception. It seems like it was not long ago that she was the toddler crawling around on the futon in the bedroom while I worked out :)

Morning

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach #2 revised and Mucle Max; man oh man that’s one hard workout had to hit pause a few time, plus my energy level was bit low. On my way out to do some chores for my son. Be back soon .

Today I ran on the elliptical and I loved it! I did interval mode, uphill high resistance for 2 minutes, to low incline lower resistance for 2 minutes. I ran for 42 minutes, 4.35 miles and I burned 477 calories. Average heart rate was 131 and max was 170.

My parents are here for my fathers birthday and mothers day so I have to run. I will be back later to read your posts.

Good job on all your workouts today!

Happy Friday!

Today I just did youtube yoga with Sarah Beth for low back and sciatica, 31 minutes. Later in the afternoon I did another one of hers that was Sunday yoga 15 minutes. I had to take my husband's Range Rover to the shop so I did not bother coming back and doing a workout. I will do something tomorrow.

Jolie, nice work on the elliptical. Enjoy your time with your parents.

Doz, Muscle Max is a good workout.

Roselyn, oops on us not starting a May thread. :)

Hi everyone,

Today’s workout Cardio Coach ‘press play’ T: 60:00, D: 2:74, C: 345, that’s it I spent entire day spring cleaning. Have a wonderful evening all.

Afternoon,

Today’s workout, I started with a 40 min walk, would’ve gone longer; but it rain came back and did Legs & Glutes. I still love this workout. Okay guys got much to do today, have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.