Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/28

Today was cardio and I got on my new recumbent bike and did a couple of the pre-programmed workouts that came with it. There are 4 and all are 30 minutes, so I did 2 of them.

I'm thinking Cardio Coach will be a lot better. I never had to go above 15 mph which didn't really even get my HR up. I think the highest my HR got was 112 bpm, I didn't even get out of my in zone. Which is ok, I just thought those workouts would be a bit harder. I worked up a sweat and my breathing was hard. I actually thought my HR should be way higher then my HRM showed. :confused:

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
20 minutes below zone :eek:
42 minutes in zone
0 minutes above zone
13.5 miles travelled
391 calories burned

Debbie - Those are still pretty good stats. The learning curve on new gear can be the one drawback for me. It's worth it, but takes awhile. Is it fun, then? I've wondered about the recumbants -- imagine they feel a little different in the legs? Anyway - cool new toy. Any special plans this week, or are you just going to enjoy being home?

Yesterday, I did Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and also Max Recovery. Very good workouts. The Recovery workout has some excellent stretching and slower bodyweight exercises in it - liked it very much. I think I'm going to try the lower body mix from High Reps that Diane Sue mentioned yesterday. I'm not sure what else yet. Maybe some kb's or some other form of ss cardio.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Lori

Hey Maniacs!!!

Debbie, sounds very nice what you got. You will have to tell me more of what you got for Christmas when you get a chance. Workout sounds like you worked it good regardless of stats from how it made you feel. Good job! Been doing more cardio coach workouts, but today doing LowMax for a switch. After I get done will do some ab work.

My plan is to keep posting my workouts on here again...been scattering myself too much.

Hope everyone has a great day...be back later in the evening.

Debbie-I agree with Lori. That is still not a bad calorie burn and it must be a welcome change to be low impact. It should make for some happy joints :)

Lori-nice work yesterday, I bet that stretch did feel nice after the high impact nature of that Insanity :D Have fun with whatever you pick today

YAY CHAR!!!! Good to have you back here or on FB :D We miss you over there.

Nice work Roselyn

Sorry I have been somewhat MIA, it is a crazy time of year work-wise. Plus I am ttotm and I really just want to hibernate. I started weight watchers (trial run week) and so far, I like it. I did not work out most of last week and I was really okay with that. Yesterday I did a quick kettlebell workout and will do the same today. I am starting a new rotation next week after this holiday madness is over.

ttyl

I did my workout this morning and the children and I ran a couple of errands. I needed to gather some things for the birthday dinner I am cooking Sunday etc. Today's workout started with Intensity premix Hiit l and Bootcamp 36 minutes 218 calories Max HR 159. I then did High Reps skipping the w/up and starting with ...back then the upper body/abs premix 41 minutes 186 calories. I finished off with Lauren Brook's Ultimate Body Sculpt and conditioning with kettlebells finisher, killer abs and stretch 22 minutes 124 calories. Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned was 518.

Debbie, I sometimes feel like I am working much harder than that hr monitor says I am. Not sure why it feels like that. That was a good calorie burn. I bet you really enjoy the recumbant bike.

Charlotte, good to have you back here again. I think sometimes we need to get away from the structure of posting things etc.. But it sure helps keep things in perspective.

Lori, thanks for what you said yesterday. I know it will take some time to get back to feeling like my usual energetic self. I have taken more naps and sat around more than I recall doing in a long time. So, I have not pushed myself as hard as I normally would. Enjoy High Reps Lower body. I wonder why Cathe's added the abs onto the lower and the upper premixes:confused: I was going to order Budokon Flow and Flexibility this morning when ordering my grandson'e birthday present and Jari's Lean Machine which was only 8.99. I needed to order faster shipping and it was wait up to 14 days. They wanted a lot for shipping to separate the order since I couldn't wait that long for the present so, alas, I still didn't get it. I would be better off ordering it by itself. I will check Total Fitness later.

Theresa, I am glad to hear that you are liking the Weight Watchers program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.