Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 10/14

Today I did Cardio Coach Press Play and had a good workout except for my stupid HRM wasn't reading right. It couldn't have been. It showed that my heart rate stayed in the 140's throughout the entire workout. There were times I made myself go so hard that I was wheezing and it still showed 143-146 bpm. I was quite pissed. I don't get why I have such a hard time with these stupid things.

Anyways, I still did well with this and it's been forever since I've done it. I skipped challenge #5 because I ran out of time.

Cardio stats:
57 minutes
47 minutes in zone
336 calories burned (BS - my treadmill showed 396)
3.5 miles travelled

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Posting yesterday's workout:
1 minute rest

BACK
Underhand BB Rows
80# 5/5 (up 5#)
75# 12/12 (up 10#)
70# 15 (up 10#)
*** Just starting out feeling incredibly strong. My back and neck are healing good and my strength is unleashing***

One Arm Rows
50# (up 5#)
35# 15x's (could have done with 40# and wish I did)

Lat Pulldowns
100# 5/5
90# 12/12
80# 15x's

BICEPS
Concentration Curls
45's 7/7 (a few bonus curls)
35's 15/15
***forearms were on fire***

DB Curls
40's 5/5 (working negative with these)
30's 12x's
20's 15/15

BB Preacher Curls
55# 10/10

ABS
Ab Ripper X

Today I will work Chest/Triceps and I have much to do at home too. Lawd!

Debbie

That monitor just drives you batty, doesn't it? :p You know how you feel how well you did so no matter, you did good!!

Hello, Hello! DH was off yesterday and hoggin' my computer so I couldn't get on!:mad:
So Here is what I did on Monday:

Superset A
Pistol Squats
8/8/8
BB Chest Press
6/6/6 - #110 **weight is the same, but last week I only made 4 reps on the last set! ***

Superset B
RDL
8/8/8 - 125#
Spiderman climbs
5/5/5

Superset C
Step Ups
10/10/10 - 31's **up 2# total***
Rear Delt Raises
12/12/12 - 15's ***up 2# from 13's, I am getting there, shoulders are really sore today, but no pain:D***

Then did two sets of pullups 4 then 3 and one set of chins 3. My upper body was just too tired.

Cardio was next at 45/90 ration for 6 rounds doing runs around the step and power 7s. This is tough as my legs are tired by this point.

Today was Amy's ASC 3 through to 3&4 combined, which takes about an hour.

Debbie - Great new picture! Awesome workouts! Had a question regarding BCAAs. Do you take them on your cardio only days?

Suz, DianeSue & Pebbelus - Dear ButtBuilders' Club. You are more than welcome to have some of my posterior. I am blessed with a JLo backside and would love to reduce it! LOL!!!!!

Char - Totally awesome workout, girl!!! Your back and bicep work are exceptional! Nice job!

Linda - I take 3 BCAA's before my weight training workout and 3 after. I take 3 after my cardio workouts. I meant to tell you with my tricep workout from yesterday that I did a 50# overhead extension and remember seeing that you did these at 54# not too long ago. Nice job. 50# nearly killed me yesterday!

I'm not a part of this forum, but had to give Debbie kudos on the new photo. I see where all the hard work has gone. You go girl!!!

Debbie - Thanks for the info! And as much as I would like to take credit for the overhead extension, it wasn't me. The only thing I've done at 54# was a one arm row.

Hey Maniacs-

Just popping in with bad news. Lost my job yesterday due to cutbacks. I'm freaking out. Please keep me in your prayers.

I'll try to check in soon.

Morning Maniacs! Yesterday was RCR workout A2 and I'm sore all over in all kinds of fun places! LOVE IT! This morning I did 30 min. of intervals on the treddy and then did 30 min. of Cool it off express stretch. Felt wonderful!

Running late again but wanted to say "great workouts everyone!"

Lora- NO!:confused: I can't believe it. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Lora: So sorry to hear this. I hope you’ll find another job soon. My sister has been looking for a job to, she is starting to get very depress about it. I been helping her pay hers bills.

Nice workouts everyone:)

I need to give myself a BIG KICK in my you know what:D I can’t seem to get going, duh! When my alarm clock went off this morning, I did nothing but turned it off and hopped back into my warm bed. Hopefully tomorrow:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh Lora! I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep your chin up. You know what you need to do and this time you don't have that dumbass of a husband bringing you down while you're looking so you will have a much more positive attitude. You'll get something good.

Last night I started P90X with Chest & Back and as you know I'm doing my own thing since I want to do my own cardio and legs. So today was supposed to be Plyometrics but I did CC#8 and Ab Ripper X (was supposed to do ARX last night but I left my sheets at work by mistake) and tonight I'm going to lift legs. I'm doing the Doubles one.

Tomorrow will be Shoulders & Arms and is supposed to be Ab Ripper X again but I'll have to do it the next day. This week I will be a little messed up with doing my own cardio b/c since I'm getting that Brazilian hair treatment done tomorrow I can't do heavy duty cardio b/c I can't sweat too much since I can't get my hair wet for FOUR FULL DAYS. ICK!!! So I guess I'll actually do Kenpo X on Saturday. I don't know what I'll do instead of Yoga X on Thursday b/c I hate that one. It hurts my hip. Maybe I'll take an extra rest day. :p Oh shoot, maybe I'll try the yoga.

Linda - Thanks for the offer on your butt! :) Wouldn't it be nice if we could trade off body parts?

Workout is done and I am exhausted. I woke up around 4 am and just could not go back to sleep so got up and did my workout. Took the girls to school and have an appliance repair person coming to try and get this oven fixed.
This morning I did BodyMax2 through the power circuits then did the bonus cardio two times and went back and did power circuit 3. I burned 665 calories. Then I did 4Day Split lower premix. When I came home from taking the girls to school I did Amy's 10 minutes solution tone trouble zones lower premix with my heavy band and finished with Pyramid stability ball work using 5# anlke weights and the stretch. Total calories burned was 1023.

Suz, it will be interesting to see how your brazilian hair treatment comes out.

Lora, I am so sorry to hear about the job situation. I will keep you in my prayers.

LInda, I guess we are never quite happy with what we have LOL

DianeSue - That's what I was thinking when I wrote that. That we never want what we have!!!

Suz - Ahhh! What a wonderful world it would be if we could just swap body parts!

.. Afternoon Maniacs (& booty builders)

Another quick one this morning.. just about an hour.

Chest-
Flyes 5 X 10/10/8/10/10 ss w/
DB Presses 5 X (same) I went with a "pyramid style" theme here.. I actually used the same weight for the first two and last two sets. Went heavier for the middle one, but put a minture rest before and after it.
Incline Flyes 3 X 12/7/10 ss w/
Incline DB Presses 3 X (same)

Shoulders-
pyramid style also
Bent Lat Raises 4 X 12/10/8/10 ss w/
DB Presses 4 X (same)
Front Raises 3 X 10/8/10 ss w/
DB Front Presses 3 X (same)
RD Raises 5 X 12/10/8/10/12 ss w/
RD Presses 5 X (same)
Rest on these were minimal, but since they were all supersets I did rest 10-30 seconds (whereas Cathe has no rest)

Tri's-
followd Cathe Pyramid style
Kickebacks 5 X 12/10/8/10/12 ss w/
OH DB Presses 5 X (same)

Ab's-
Bike
Leg Lifts X 3 I increased resistance on these incase you thought I was getitng stale ;)
Floor Lifts X 3 these too :)
Ball Exchanges - 16 reps

Lora- I am sorry about the job thing too.. I know how you feel! Although I didn't lose my job- I may as well have! Last fall business took a bad turn downhill (im self employeed) and Im still trying to get back on my feet!

Debbie- I was wondering when you were going to update your avatar! I like it! I wanted to put an awesome little photo I liked of me but it was too big.. so this was the first one they would accept (my fat little piggy :)

Happy Workouts Maniacs!!

Last edited:
Meals for today:

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More
M3: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Zone bar
M5: Potato crusted cod; salad w/Light honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1677.5 calories - (1690 is goal)
55 g. fat - 30%
132 g. protein - 32%
170 g. carbs - 40%

Way too high in fats, way too low in protein. These low calorie days are so hard to figure out.

Me again!:p Just wanted you to know that the DOMS is really kickin' in here!
Must be from the one legged squats and one legged dead lifts, also, my ribs are feeling major sore from the lunge with a twist too. I'm so happy, even though I can barely climb the stairs.

Suz- Great job on starting P90X...it's mentally hard to start that one! You know all the good it will do you though. Can't wait to see the brazillian hair (lol, I was thinking it was something totally different when you first posted!!:eek:;)).

Pebblesus- Nice workout as usual!! Would love to see a pic of you, although piggy is adorable.

Diane Sue- You just kill me with your workouts! You are the energizer bunny!:cool:

Linda-
yes, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could swap and trade body parts. I'd switch parts daily depending on my mood. lol!

Me again!:p Just wanted you to know that the DOMS is really kickin' in here!

Suz- Great job on starting P90X...it's mentally hard to start that one! You know all the good it will do you though. Can't wait to see the brazillian hair (lol, I was thinking it was something totally different when you first posted!!:eek:;)).

Dallys - Did you think I was getting a bunch of braids or something? :p

Well, I didn't think about P90X for more than like a week off and on and then I just jumped right in. We'll see if I can stick with it. It all depends on my shoulder. Fingers crossed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.