Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs June 19, 2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Hope I got the date right. Weird I am starting this thread. My weight hasn't budged for 3 days now..stuck on 124 so the metabolism just wants to slow down and the body needs to be SHOCKED..a bit of a wake up call so for today and for just the following week, I am gonna be working it hard. My food intake has been consistently good so it is shocking that is needed at this point. I did my hike yesterday and weight workout. Obviously not enough shock. Today is Cardio Coach 7, 12 mile bike ride and leg workout w/weights. I will post my stats tomorrow cuz I am gonna be busy shocking myself. :eek:

I posted pictures of yesterday's hike (scenery and a few of myself in my toasty file)

Last edited:
Good gravy, girl. That ought to shock, alright! Have fun :) I am going to go check out your pics now.

I am officially totally bored and ready to be home. I slept like crap last night, my body feels like it was beaten from the poor sleep and the sand walking yesterday (which of course, I am going to do today). Mark and I will go for an easy, easy bike ride too if he doesn't wimp out. So, last night, I'm sleeping so good. He had stayed up. Well, something made me wake up and I realize he's not in bed. It was 2 hours later. He had taken a cigar and a drink out to the balcony and I'm thinking he should be in by now. I try to go back to sleep but open my eyes again and it is darker than it had been so he is in the condo. I turned my lamp on and he comes from downstairs where he had been reading. As soon as he gets in bed, I start sneezing my head off and I have to run for the Kleenex ASAP. well, I was wide awake so I came down and tried to sleep on the couch. He never moved. This morning, I'm still stuffy and my lungs are funky. Making some coffee and hoping that will work. Then I'm going to seek some retail therapy :p

Debbie- how is your mom doing today?

Hey, I did start a thread earlier. Here is my post.

Hi Shana and Charlotte! Um, have fun Charlotte??

Morning Maniacs! I did STS Disc 8 (I think) back and triceps- great workout. I love using STS this way.

Anne: Good to see you yesterday. Keep checking in if you can.

Debbie: How is your mom?

Gotta run, small boy is UP!

Char - Okay, my body feels shocked just reading all that you have planned.:p

Shana - Sorry your vacation isn't as fun as it should be.

Patti - Chasing small boy in itself is a workout.:p Really need you to smack me yesterday, I spiraled into a carb fest again. Fortunately again it wasn't all sugar junk, more grain products.

Today was cardio and nothing sounded interesting, not step, not kickbox, not the treadmill, so I settled on 4DS BC. Then just to add some time, because I felt like I had worked hard enough I did three of the combos from Step Surge w/ Tonya Larsen and also the abs & stretch. Workout was 57 minutes and I burned 414 calories.

Linda - I've been partaking of the carbs aplenty this week too :) The vacation is not bad but I'm just ready to go home now - bored and did not sleep well last night.

Linda - I've been partaking of the carbs aplenty this week too :) The vacation is not bad but I'm just ready to go home now - bored and did not sleep well last night.

Shana - How does one get bored on vacation? I haven't been on vacation since DD (now 4 1/2) was 18 months old!:confused:

You NEED a vacation! I like vacations that are about 5 days long. That is perfect for me. Beyond that, I get antsy to be home. I'm not good at just sitting all day at the beach, doing nothing. It has never been this hot here, not even in August. I've gone shopping some but it is outdoor for the most part. Don't get me wrong - I love the beach. I just need more activity after a while :)

Morning Maniacs-
I'm just starting to move, I have the day off. I did take the dog on a walk because it is sooooo hot (98 with a heat index of 100+), and it's not even offically summer. I did get a short total body workout in yesterday and burned 288 calories. I did a pyramid down style and just kept moving. I'm glad I got that much in because I sort of overinduldged a bit last night, but I had planned for it. I am down 3 pounds just from switching my diet ( I don't know why I am so suprised? !!!)
So my plan today is cardio (due to the overindulgence), I don't know what yet...

Does anyone have Kelley Coffey-Meyer DVD's? I'm interested in the step boxing.

Hope everyone has a great Friday, I'll check back in later.
Theresa

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished Cardio Coach 7. Burned 454 cals in 55 mins. Traveled 6.0 miles. Now they are calling for rain so I am gonna do Step Blast after I dye my hair and then after lunch work the legs with weights. I am gonna keep going hard til the weight drops. I need to drink more water too..maybe I am not drinking enough???

Got up early to do my workout because I had to take my mom back into the doctors for her follow-up. Her eye is doing awesome. It's not even red. Amazing what they can do.

I worked Shoulders, Traps and Abs this morning. Had a great workouts.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset

SHOULDERS/TRAPS
SS #1
Arnold Press: 22's - 8/8/8
superset w/
Barbell Shrugs: 125# - 15/15/15
***Tough superset. Traps really felt these for some reason.

SS #2
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 22's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Lateral Raise: 12's - 12/12/12
***Good superset. These really burned by the 3rd superset.

SS #3
Barbell Front Raise: 20# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 15's - 12/12/12
***This one was a good combo. Worked front and back of shoulder. Really felt it.

ABS
Step, Jump & Pump ab work

That is all...

Going garage saleing with dh. Have a great weekend everyone!

Just finished my workout. I did combo/intervals 1-4 from Amy's Kickbox extreme. Total time was 42 minutes and I burned 396 calories...ugh 4 short of an even number. Oh well.

Debbie-
I reviewed Kickbox extreme and I think it is a great purchase. The combos take a bit to get but I think there are a lot of variations to be had.

Tommorrow the plan is to do Art of Strength Newport and see how far I can get...
TTYL
Theresa

Theresa: Good workout! I agree that Amy's DVDs are always a good buy with a lot of premixes and options. I have am a fan of KCM- I have almost all of hers. I really love her step kickboxing workouts. I find that they have great intensity (but not quite Cathe level) and it's a good thing- I sweat, burn 500ish calories and don't feel beat up when I'm done. Plus, zero dread factor. She has a preorder going on right now for 3 new workouts she is doing if you're interested. www.coffeyfit.com

Debbie: Glad your mom is OK.

Linda: LAY OFF THE CARBS! Try a cup of cottage cheese, 2 tsp. of sugar free pudding mix any flavor, 1/8 cup of water, a few ice cubes, vanilla and any extra sweetener if you need it. Blend in a blender, throw in the freezer for a few minutes. Add a bit of peanut butter. It's a great snack and very low on the carbs. :) Now, make a list of reasons for me why I should NOT eat any of the mini cupcakes the kids want to make DH this weekend for FD.

Thanks for the info Patti. I ordered one of Kelley's stepboxing videos via Amazon. I am trying new things, I am so bored with everything I have. Amy is growing on me. Oh and I am posting a few recipes. I have made this pizza recipe twice and the flavors are amazing (to me). Hope you agree.

Pizza Provencal (this is from cooking light, but I changed it up a bit). Here's how I make it:

1-4.25 oz can black chopped olives
6 T sun dried tomatoes in oil (or water packed)
1 t lemon rind
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove
Mrs. Dash garlic seasoning (or any other kind)
Put all this in a food processor and blend

4 whole wheat pitas, 1 loaf italian bread, or 4 naan bread, 4 flat bread (etc...)
6 oz cooked chicken, cubed
4 oz low fat mozzerella

Put sauce mixture on bread of choice, then add chicken, cover with mozzerella (I also put down a layer of sauteed spinach).
Bake at 450 for 10 min (or until cheese is melted)

I do not have the calorie breakdown, but it is somewhere in the 300-400 calorie range. It is a little high on the fat but it is all good fat. I may try to tweak this a bit, but it is really good and a whole lot better than what I have been eating on the weekends :)

Grilled Salad:
1-2 head of romaine (cut lengthwise, add a little oil, s&p and grill until wilted)

Cut up salad and then add whatever you would like, We do:

2 tomatoes, canadian bacon, reduced fat feta, pecans, soynuts. Then add balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil. Mix well, serve right away or chill.

you could add fresh fruit (berries), craisins, almonds...really the possibilites are endless

Last edited:
more recipes...dessert

No Guilt Double Chocolate Mint Shake
8 0z low fat milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 T cocoa powder
2 T flaxseeds
15 mint leaves (about 1 1/2 T loosely packed)
5 ice cubes
Put everything in a blender and mix for 1-2 minutes.
Makes 2 serv (210 calories, 3.5 fat, 6 fiber, 5 sugar, 30 protein, 15 carb)

Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
2/3 c flax meal
4 T natural peanut butter
¼ water
stevia (or other ) to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Add sweetener if desired. It may not seem like enough water, but keep stirring and it will eventually become a sticky blob of dough. Add 1 T of water at a time, if needed. Divide into 4 equal portions & wrap each in plastic wrap (use casserole dish to help form the bar) Store the bars in the fridge or freezer284 cal, 1.5 fat, 11.5 carb, 6.5 fiber, 2 sugar, 29 protein

I got both of these from clean eating...LOVE that magazine. There newest one has a recipe for "Ice cream sandwiches"

No workout today. I got up early and took my granddaughter to tennis and my grandson to his cooking and science class. Spent the rest of the day helping dd while her dh was at work. She had some surgury yesterday. Tomorrow I will try to get in a decent workout. Meals were not too bad till this evening when dd fixed chinese food. Most was fried.
1 week till we get our house:)

Shana, I don't enjoy long vacations myself. I like to be busy.

Hello kiddos,

this has been a busy week. No workout yesterday, but the day before I did a mini workout--pyramid down, no abs. Today I did the second ab segment from Amy's ASC III and then half an hour of legs and glutes. Glad it's friday.

Toasty, what beautiful scenery on your hike! I wish there was stuff like that here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.