Hardcore Check In for May 2017

Today I did Kelly Coffey Body by Design using the mix of Kickbox with weights and lower body, 36 minutes, 208 calories, heartrate avg. 117 max 151. With Kickbox Kelly says to use no more than 5's I did 5's for most of the workout last time but was worried about the shoulder so kept it at 3#. My neck and shoulder area with the nerve damage was really hurting last night. For legs I used 25# and 5# ankle weights for the chair work. Kelly alternates moves like squats with two dumbbells and then a move like alternating reverse lunge with 1 dumbbell. . She also does some that are a combo of two moves like deadlift to plie. I followed this with Ice to the Mat stability ball only timesaver, 21 minutes, 46 calories. I then did Cardio Slam Floor only timesaver 25 minutes, 123 average heart rate 147 max, 167 calories finishing with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, 52 calories. My workout was 95 minutes, 473 calories. It seemed odd to me that I got a higher heart rate with Kelly's kickbox than I did Cardio Slam. Steps for workout were 4840. And also my inner thighs are still sore from the stability ball workout of Sharon Twombly's the other day.
weights for lower body were done for 50 seconds with a brief break to go put down a weight
squats 25's
reverse lunge 25#
deadlift to a bent knee and then up to remind of form when coming back up 25's
side step outs 25#
front lunge pulse 25's
deadlift to plie 25#

Jolie, nice work today. How in the world do you get a heart rate like that with weight lifting? Mine is always so low. When I do something that does not have a lot of movement my Fit Bit seems to think that I am doing nothing. The chair work never gives me much more than hundred if I am lucky. When I did Strong and Sweaty abs I raised the calories a bit because with Fit Bit I was barely moving. I know I am working hard so when I get done with something like the abs, Cathe has over a hundred calories and a higher met value. I took it down to I think met 2 which is what yoga is. My heart rate drops immediately back to very low even when I am doing something extra intense and I get a break.
I am glad to see you are back up and able to work out. I hope you are feeling a lot better.

Today I did back and some hamstrings. I lifted TF on each set and I did 3 sets for each exercise. I burned 303 calories, average heart rate was 102 and my max was 144.

Barbell Rows-
65# x 12, x 10, x 9 (I went up in weight from last week)

1 Arms Rows-
35# x 12, x 10, x 9

Deadlifts-
50# x 13, x 12, x 11, x 10

1 Arm Hort. Row-
30# x 12, x 10, x 9

Wide Grip Pull Downs-
60# x 14, x 13, x 12

Narrow grip pull downs palms facing in
70# x 12, x 10, x 10

Leg Curls-
30# x 13 ( hurt my knees so I dropped the weight)
20# x 13, x 13, x 12

Diane Sue,
Nice workout yesterday and a really good calorie burn!

I hope you all have a nice weekend and some nice workouts!

Oh my gosh I have forgotten to check in, so today was bis and tris, yesterday was legs

i did order the Ript90, Debbie, going to start tomorrow did you do that redux one or just all the strength workouts?

Also have not done kelly coffey in awhile any workouts you guys love from her?

Today I did All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, 266 calories. We had painters come at 7:30 this morning to paint the outside of our house so I wanted to be done early. That was it for today. My legs are still sore starting with Kelly's YouTube Raw lower kettlebell workout and then Wednesday's Stability ball segment of my cardio holding that ball between my legs hopping around and twist hopping, still sore yesterday when I did another lower workout using Kelly's Body Design and the stability ball from To the Mat. My inner thighs are really sore. I saw Kelly has another workout on Coffey Fit Raw she did with her brother doing boxing. I think her brother placed in Crossfit games. I know they compete, but not sure how that works. I went to Sherwinn Williams to pick up some supplies for the painters today and they guy wanted to know if I was a personal trainer. That was a complement.

Roselyn, just got Kelly's Meltdown and did it once. I want to try to incorporate it next week . Hopefully I am not sore when I do it. I liked it a lot. Shape up is good one of hers that is done in tabatas for the upper weights and lower is tabatas, but more of a step and plyo movement. My only problem with it is there is no triceps added so I usually will do something like burn sets for that. I enjoy her live cardio one that she did a lot. I almost did that one this morning. I didn't have much time to be indecisive though and felt I probably should do something low impact. It depends on what you are looking for in workouts. Body design is a variety of stuff and can be done with all of the short 15 minute or so workouts or just one or two segments. Lots of premixes.

Jolie, I always feel that leg curls are a bit uncomfortable on the knees when going heavy. Even with the standing band leg curls. I used to have a DP weight machine that set where the knees were a bit below the hips which felt a bit more comfortable for prone leg curls on a weight bench.

Last edited:
So today I started Ript 90 (from Debbies recommendation) I started with Minute by Minute Redux which was 3 exercises done within a minute burpees, thrusters and situps 20 reps. I think I am going to like this program, something to shock the body. Tomorrow will be hard core chest will let you all know how it is.

Today I did cardio and walked on the TM for 45 minutes, steep incline, 3.3 speed, 2.55 miles and I burned 437 calories. My max heart rate got up to 158. I want to lower that because I want to be in the fat burn stag instead so I can loose some fat. I will probably lower the incline next time and see what that does to the numbers. The higher incline works the glutes so that isn't a bad thing!

Roselyn, I am glad you like the new workouts. I am excited to see what comes next. Post your exercises and weights!

Diane Sue,
nice workout even though it was a short one. I like to do something rather than nothing! I hope the paint comes out nice on your house.

Have a nice weekend.

Rest day today. We had family brunch and sat outside on my daughter's patio since the weather is beautiful today.

Roselyn, I think I heard about that particular workout. Or maybe it was another one that had lots of burpees ending with 100 burpees.

Jolie, my time in the fat burn zone is generally not long. I really never think a lot about it. The paint is looking great. A soft sand color with the brick looks nice. They are doing an excellent job. This is their side job and they have two of our neighbors that want them to paint their homes.

Hello everyone!! Had a great weekend, I was out of town with my cousins for the weekend and we went down to Amish country. It's not so Amish anymore. All commercialized, it's sad. But we still had fun. Today I did RIPT90 Chest & Arms. Loved this one.

This is the workout:
SETS 1 & 2 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Chest Press: 10/12 reps - 25's
Zottman Curls: 10/12 reps - 15's
Chest Flyes:
10/12 reps - 15's
Tricep Extensions: 10/12 reps - 25#
One Arm Press: 10/6 reps each arm - 15#/20#
Curls to Overhead Press: 10/12 reps - 15's (these were tough)

SETS 3, 4, 5 & 6
Super Set (no rest from one superset to the next)
Close Grip Push-Ups:
4 sets/10 reps
Triple 7 Curls: 12's - (these are Crazy 8's, only doing 7 reps instead)

This one was a tough workout. I was sweating really good.

Workout was 32 minutes, Avg. HR was 77, Max was 112, burned 66 calories. Cannot believe that.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.25 miles.

Nice workouts everyone, you had a great workout weekend!! I did nothing but eat!! YIKES

Today I did Kelly Coffey meltdown, 171 calories. I don't have all my stats because I accidentally paused the Fit Bit. Map My Fitness Kept going but it does not have the heart rate on it. That is one of the things I liked about the Polar app but cannot use it with my Fit Bit. I then did Hammer Build Up from Hammer and Chisel, 32 minutes, 141 calories. heart rate for Hammer Build was 105 avg. / max 138. Total time was 63 minutes, calories burned 312.
Meltdown
3 rounds 1 minute each exercise
kettlebell swings 25# all three rounds
2 dbs seated overhead press alternating hands 15#, 12#,15#
2 dbs seated row and bicep curl 15#, 12#,12#
2 dbs bench press and skull crusher 15#, 12#, 15#
bench hops side to side, straddle, side to side
10 barbell clean from hips 35#,35#,35#
10 barbell thrusters 35#,35#,35#
10 barbell front squats 35#,35#,35#
mountain climber finisher at the end
Hammer Build Up
30 seconds squat 10# med ball, front lunge r 10# med ball, front lunge l 10# med ball. 15 sec step up right 20#'s left 20#'s
30 seconds pull up (used the fit tower 12 reps, reverse grip row 20's , pullover 25#, reverse fly 12's
15 seconds 1 hand on med ball push ups right, left, 30 second bench fly 15's, feet on med ball push ups, incline press 15's
30 second med ball military press 15#, lateral raise 12's, upright row 15's, anterior raise med ball 15#
30 seconds standard curl 15's, hammer curls 15's, 15 seconds concentration curls right 20#, left 20#, 30 seconds rotation curl 15's
30 seconds dips, kickbacks right 15#, left 15#, skull crusher 15's
30 seconds med ball plank hold, ball mountain climber, windshield wiper 5# soft med ball (I cannot keep a heavy med ball between my feet. I can do it with my knees though.

Debbie, I know you had to have burned more calories than that. That sounds like a good workout.

Today I did Arms. Each set was to failure with a 1.5 minute rest between sets. I burned 292 calories. My average heart rate was 100 and my max was 149. I had to work hard on this workout but never broke a sweat.

BB Bicep Curls-
40# x 11, x 10, x 8

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 11, x 10

Preacher Curls DB-
17# x 12, x 11, x 10

Seated Alt. Curls with a twist-
20# x 12, x 10, x 9

Hammer Curls DB-
17# x 15, x 13, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext. DB-
17# x 13, x 11, x 10

Cross Body Ext-
15# x 12, x 10, x 9

1 Arm Kickbacks-
12# x 12, x 11, x 10

I am fired!

Diane Sue, Nice workout today! I have never done either of those workouts. They look like fun!

Debbie, Nice workout, I cannot believe that your calorie burn was that low, especially when working Chest. How many calories do you burn when you walk on the treadmill? Probably about 120?

Roselyn, I will check back in later, I hope you have a great workout using your new dvds!

Have a nice day. My son's Prom is in two weeks so I have to get a jump start on the planning.

This morning I did Ript 90 Hard Core Chest and then this afternoon I did ript Lung Burner

Hard Core Chest
Pushups 6 reps 6X
Plank 6 reps (30 Second hold) 6X

Chest Press 6 reps (20#) 6X
V sit 6 reps 6X

Chest Fly 6reps (12#) 6X
Twisting Crunch 30 reps 6x I used 10#

finished with burpees

Lung Burner
Burpees 10 3sets
Squat Jumps 20 3sets
Mountain Clumbers 30 3 sets
Kettlebell Swings 40 reps 3 sets
Nasties (Switch Lunges) 50 3 sets

Jolie, nice job on arms today. If I am doing a slower paced weight workout, I rarely break a sweat.

Roselyn, those look like good workouts. That lung burner one looks like quite a workout. How long was it?

Today I was only going to do a half hour CC and then the Ab work from RIPT90 but decided to do CC #6 with Sean because I never do this one. It was fun, not sure why I don't do it much, I really enjoyed it. This was a definite puke status workout. Loved it!!

Workout was 51 minutes, went 3.61 miles, burned 393 calories (TM said 497) and went 7302 steps. Kick @ss!!!

Roselyn - Your abs will be sore for a while, that was one tough workout. My abs were still sore this weekend and I did Hard Core Chest last Wednesday I think. You will love this series. I wish I could do the cardio parts of it. And legs, my knees hurt and I can't seem to do anything that requires them to bend. :( I got the whole kit, I didn't know there were different sets. Mine has like 13 DVD's think.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! That looks like a great workout. Yea, I was shocked to see only 61 calories with the workout I did yesterday. It all seems to work out by the end of the day, though.

Jolie - Nice arm workout, girl!!! And yes, when I walk a mile on the treadmill the treadmill shows about 120 calories. I bet my FB doesn't register that much, though.

I did To The Max Extreme premix that includes the bonus and the abs with upper focus, 63 minutes, 546 calories heart rate avg. 134/max 174. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design cool down and yoga 17 minutes 52 calories, heart rate 99 ave. /121 max. Total time 81 minutes, 598 calories. 4,191 steps.

Debbie, nice calorie burn with Cardio Coach today. I bet you burn more calories than you are getting with the Fit Bit. It seems to track everything else well though. I find Map My Fitness and the calories burned calculator net calories are generally pretty close and almost always 50-150 more than Fit Bit. Then Cathe is general higher than either one of those and off the charts above Fit Bit. Although I think part of the calculations there are met values which probably take into consideration the metabolic rate later?? I am not sure though.

Today I did my workout listening to my all time favorite singer, Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. Boy, it put me in the best mood and really pumped me up!

I did Chest Today. 2 minute Rest between sets, each set to Failure and then I did squats and leg extensions at the end. I burned 333 calories, average heart rate was 112 and my max was 162. I don't think that is right. I went up in weight in the Chest Presses which made me happy. It was only two pounds but I will take it!

Warm up Chest Press DB-
15# x 15

Chest Press DB-
32# x 12, x 10, x 9

Chest Flies-
25# x 12, x 10, x 10

Incline Chest Press DB-
32# x 12, x 10, x 10

Incline Chest Flies-
25# x 12, x 11, x 9

Squats BB-
30# x 25, x 20, x 16, x 15

Leg Ext-
50# x 20, x 16, x 15, x 12, x 12

Diane Sue,
Nice workout today and Wow on that calorie burn. I bought that workout but never did it much because there is too much of a dread factor for me. I would talk myself out of it all of the time. Steady state cardio works the best for me and low impact types of cardio.

Debbie, kickass cardio workout today! Don't you just love working up a good sweat, it really feels like you accomplished a lot. I ordered some new running shoes, hopefully they come tomorrow. I am hoping that more cushion will help with my knee pain as well. I looked at the bottom of my shoes and the tread is gone! I swear the TM burns it off! New shoes sometimes helps with knee pain. I found out I was wearing the wrong type of shoe and once I switched to a neutral shoe from a stability shoe my knees are so much better!

Roselyn, I cant wait to see the next workout. I abs would be screaming today after doing that workout!

Debbie I got the Ript90 fit which is the newer I believe, Ript90 Get Ripped is the older version which I might get good price for what you get I do like the series so far

This morning I did Arms and Shoulders
Reverse Grip Chin Ups
Shoulder Press 10 reps 15# 2 sets second set went with 20#
Tricep Kickback I did 10 reps each arm 15# 2 sets
Hammer curls 10 reps 15# 2 sets second set 20#
Upright Row 10 reps 15# 2 sets second set 16#
Overhead Tricep 10 reps 20# second sewt 25#
Curl to Overhead 10 reps 2X 12#
One Arm Tricep Extensions 10 reps 12#

Then this afternoon I did the Body Fat Breakdown
3 sets of each of these exercises done for 30 second with 30 second rest between exercises
Lunges 15#
Manmaker (overhead press to burpee, pushup and back row)
One Arm Snatch 15 sec each arm
Plank/Active Plank
Bicep Curl
Thruster

I got the long wall finished painting in my workout room today. It was one that I dreaded since it has a whole wall of windows with vertical blinds that cannot be removed without them probably falling apart like the rest of them. They don't just snap into clips like most newer blinds. I did what the painters did on the rest of the house and used painters tape wrapped around them to hold them back out of the way. Now I have work on setting up another replacement cell phone. I am not looking forward to all of that.

Jolie, I bet your higher heart rate was during the leg work. Music can really make me feel good. I have Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac cd's . It sounds fun. You could use one of the premixes on To the Max and omit the segments that you dread. Sometimes I do the lower impact mix. They only thing is, I don't like the lower body compound section that much. I did it with 5# today. I think it is because they use 3 risers for that part. Then there are all of those box jumps. Not a workout to do to many days close together. It does do good on calories without spending a real long time.

Roselyn, I have a kettle bell workout that had manmakers on it. They were tough. Nice looking workout again today.

Today I did RIPT90 Back & Shoulders. Loved this one, had a great workout. It's really short, though, so I added the Ab workout as well.

This is the workout:
SET 1 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Lateral Raise: 12 reps - 10's
Back Flyes: 12 reps - 10's
Upright Row: 12 reps - 15's

SET 2-4 - Supersets
Pull Ups: 5 reps
Overhead Press: 12's - 10 reps
Did this superset 3 times no rest at all.

SET 5 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Lateral Raise: 12 reps - 10's
Back Flyes: 12 reps - 12's
Upright Row: 12 reps - 15's
Dumbbell Row: 12 reps - 20's

SET 6-10 - Supersets
Pull Ups: 5 reps
Overhead Press: 12's - 10 reps
Did this superset 5 times no rest at all.

Since this workout was only 20 minutes I did some of the Ab work he has on one DVD.

Situps: 50 reps
Knee to Chest: 50 reps w/breaks
Bicycle: 73 reps (that's what I counted)
Crunches: 30 reps
Alternate Leg to Elbow: 50 reps (I did 60)
Hip Raise (Leg Up): 20 reps

This was a good workout, love this series. I want to get RIPT90 the original series as well.

Workouts were 35 minutes, Avg. HR was 79, Max was 101, burned 82 calories.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Roselyn - I have the same version of RIPT90 as you do, I'm just not doing it in the way it is written. I'm doing whatever I feel like because I can't do the cario workouts.

Diane Sue - I also can't get my HR up with weight work (obviously). I don't know how Jolie does it. Nice workout yesterday!!!

Jolie - Excellent workout yet again. I don't know how you burn so many calories with weight workouts. Nice job! I also love Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac, listen to them all the time!!!

Today I am making it a REST day. I worked out six days in a row, lifting heavy and I am wiped out.

Debbie, Nice workout today. This workout collections looks really interesting. I might have to jump on board and do it too after I am finished with my heavy weight rotation. That ab workout is killer! I might have to buy it just for the abs! Any workout that cost less than $30 is a deal.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday. What is the difference between the two sets? I am wondering which one to buy,

Diane Sue, I am glad you got that wall painted in your gym room, it probably looks great and so fresh and clean.

Have a nice day.

Today I started with Kelly Coffey Body Design mix of cardio bootcamp(this is non weighted) and weighted kickbox using 3#, 31 minutes, 239 calories, avg. heart rate 136, max 176. I then did Strong and Sweaty PHA training, 45 minutes., 230 calories, heart rate 114/ 147 max . Total time was 76 minutes and calories burned 469. I have cooking to do for family dinner. I am going to make some more of the cashew cherry protein bars that Stephanie has in Performance Paleo for post workout. I made half a recipe and used halt the cricket flour and half Ancient Nutrition vanilla bone broth protein. They were yummy. This time I may just do the bone broth protein. It was fine with the cricket powder my granddaughter gave me, but I have to not think about the cricket flour. It does have good amounts of B12 and iron it though. I have to go pick up some more dried blueberries from Sprouts or double the dried cherries. I got my other phone yesterday and sat up till midnight trying to set it up. I am having problems clearing out the one I need to send back. I cleared most of the contacts and it says I have reached my limit on contacts I can delete. What is up with that? Then I had to get a new Samsung Password because none I tried worked. I am not sure why I need all of that to set it back to it's default. I think I will hand it over to my husband again. Sheesh !

Debbie, those workouts look like some fresh ways of putting together workouts. It would make it interesting.

Jolie, I love killer ab routines :) A rest day is a good thing. The paint looks so nice and bright rather than looking at some dull dismal color that makes you think you are in a dirt cave. My goal had been to get that wall done before I have grandchildren here. today. They love to play in my workout room. I do have the karaoke machine there too. Olivia the 9 year old rides the spin bike and sings and watches tv. She is a hoot. The 3 year old jumps on the trampoline. I have to put my Fit Tower up every time because they think it is a jungle gym. I could use some rest. We have so many things going on this week. I have family dinner tonight, a Lularue party tomorrow, eye appointment Friday and errands. We have two more birthdays this month and a graduation with a party afterward. My head is swimming with it all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.