Salma Hayek
Kate Winslet
Penelope Cruz/Drew Barrymore

Worst:
Hedi Klum
Cameron Diaz
Renee Zellweger/J-Lo

Just my humble opinion ;)

I loved Renee's gown! It was such a unique dress, that only Renee could pull it off. Wished I had that figure.

Thanks for the thread,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I think Kate looked amazing! I loved Drew's dress, but her hair looked like a bomb went off in it - just AWFUL! I'll never understand how people with that much money can't find a decent hair dresser!

My favorite hands down was Eva Mendes. I want that necklace!!! The turquoise looked magnificent against her skin tone. The dress was perfect on her.

Drew reminded me of Marilyn Monroe. I love her as an actress. I think she is so beautiful.

I love Demi Moore's dress.

Sadly, I thought Renee looked weathered. The dress really didn't do anything for her and her hair:eek::eek:
I didn't like Cameron Diaz's dress either.

I agree - I think Kate Winslet looked stunning and I loved the simple elegance of her dress. I hated Drew's hair. Cameron Diaz's dress was a disaster (not unusual for her) and I hated what Renee Zellweger was wearing. I LOVE Carolina Herrera, but that was just too much for Renee's tiny little self. There was just too much fabric and it was too tight. She could hardly move. Something just bugs me about her - she seems to intentionally formal in her manner. Like she's trying to put on airs or something. I think she's much more attractive when she just relaxes. Oh, and JLo just looked tacky.

Hmm....
Drew.jpg

I wish they had done her hair a little more carefree like Monroe's. As is, it looks like she emptied a full bottle of Aquanet on it.

Last edited:
Best/worst Golden Globes

Best:

Drew Barrymore - I liked her hair and her dress was fabulous - the most interesting dress of the evening. I thought Beyonce looked nice.

Worst:

What was Glenn Close thinking? J Lo - just plain old bad - her head must hurt from pulling that hair back so tight. Awful dress - I agree, tacky.

Didn't like Renee Zellweger's ensemble either - the hair too. I personally wish she would quit squinting wherever she goes and I thought Angelina Jolie could have put people to sleep with the sheet she was wearing.

Lots of people looked nice but were somewhat boring.

Kate Winslet and Eva Mendes were the absolute best. The both kept it simple, elegant, classy, no attempt to show off too much skin or their underwear like Ms. Zellweger. The rest, blah, really blah. Glenn Close was the worst. She looks better on Damages. What happened there?

Clare

I hated Renee's dress and her demeanor is nauseating...ugh. She looks like a chipmunk/elf when she gets all "uppity". In fact I was floored watching these stars and how full of themselves they are, it really is sickening, really. Blech. But I love to see what everyone is wearing!

Favorites:

1. Christina Applegate-the yellow dress, the jewelry, the makeup, the hair, she looked amazing.

2. Loved Drew's dress, but c'mon, you ain't no Marilyn darlin'. Wish she would have done something less stiff with the hair.. she looked "forced".

3.Eva Longoria..do not like her per say, but her dress fit her perfectly! Looked awesome.Accessories were perfect too.

4. Kate Winslet, she always does simple and elegant without being boring, love her!

Least Faves:

1. Debra Messing..loved the hair, hated her snobby ass attitude, hated the horribly fitted dress, god awful.

2. Eva Mendes..sorry Cynthia ;)...it just did not fit her properly, especially the bodice, it was weird. But loved the necklace, hair and makeup.

3. Jennifer Lopez...HATE her hair like that, why must women do this? Do no get me started on that mess of a dress, not to mention it was NOT flattering from any angle. Sad, because I love her body.

4. Beyonce...she doesn't have a sense of style at all, she always looks like a Miss America Pageant gal plus her ponytail didn't match the rest of her hair.

5. Cameron Diaz..hot mess. Never gets it right, except when she wears shorter dresses.

6. Heidi Klum..tries too hard to be right on every trend and it is tiresome. Again, that harsh slicked back hair, shoes were rockin' but of course they are the latest "it" shoe, so she HAD to wear them. She looks best dressed casually or in more relaxed clothing I think with her hair loose.

7. Rumer Willis..ugh. Loved the dress...but how on earth could two good looking people produce such a strange, full of herself child? Sorry, hated the hair, and the belt she wore with the dress. Odd looking.

I usually love Angelina Jolie's look, the simpler the better..but this color did nothing for her at all.

Boy, I am one judgmental bee-otch! :)

2. Loved Drew's dress, but c'mon, you ain't no Marilyn darlin'. Wish she would have done something less stiff with the hair.. she looked "forced".

Hey Tneah,

You can mess with Eva, but don't be messing with my Drew! :pShe seems so down to earth to me.
Ok, so don't laugh. My favorite movie is "Ever After". I love her in that movie! And yes, I love Cinderella:eek:

Cynthia! OMG that is my favorite movie ever!! :) I swear I love the girl, it was though she was trying to be something she wasn't in that outfit and hair, you know what I mean? That's what I meant by that, she is such a hippie, free spirit, I just though she looked "not herself".

WINNERS: Kate Winslet - hands down winner with Drew Barrymore coming in a close second (her hair was puffy as all get out but it worked for her). Eva Longoria - third. Her skin is beautiful.

LOSERS: Quite a number of them in my eyes but I would have to say that J.Lo looked like something out of the 80's as did Cameron Diaz - that pink frock looked very similar to a few bridesmaid dresses that I witnessed from that era. Debra Messings Vera Wang dress was just buttugly.

WHAT THE HECK AWARD: Renee Z.- and she rarely missteps. Someone noted elsewhere that maybe if the corset underneath had been black it might have worked. She is built though.

OOPS: Beyonce. Her sticky tape was showing at the top of the dress. Too much boob for too tight of material I guess.

Elegance always wins rather than over the top.

Last edited:
That's what I meant by that, she is such a hippie, free spirit, I just though she looked "not herself".

No. I meant when she interviews. She seems normal compared to much of Hollyweird. I like that she isn't bone thin.

Hey Tneah,

You can mess with Eva, but don't be messing with my Drew! :pShe seems so down to earth to me.
Ok, so don't laugh. My favorite movie is "Ever After". I love her in that movie! And yes, I love Cinderella:eek:

No laughing here Cynthia. My favorite movie is "Ever After" as well.
I own the DVD and watch it on TV whenever I catch it on. I love Drew. :)

As for the Golden Globes, I thought Anne Hathaway looked amazing.

I like Jennifer Lopez but I was not a fan of her dress either. After having the twins I think that maybe she was trying to prove something by showing so much skin. Her body is amazing but that dress was tacky.

Didn't like Renee Zellweger's ensemble either - the hair too. I personally wish she would quit squinting wherever she goes and I thought Angelina Jolie could have put people to sleep with the sheet she was wearing.

Haha...I know. I was trying to figure out what Angelina's plan was with that dress...just a l'il too uneventful for an event like that.

Best,
Shelby

I also liked America Ferrara's ensemble. She's just cute as a button. Drew's dress was a dream and the hair...well, the hair is just 'Drew' being 'Drew'. She can be kooky-krazy at times so just a refelction of her personailty with the coif :)

I hated Renee's dress and her demeanor is nauseating...ugh. She looks like a chipmunk/elf when she gets all "uppity". In fact I was floored watching these stars and how full of themselves they are, it really is sickening, really. Blech. But I love to see what everyone is wearing!

Favorites:

1. Christina Applegate-the yellow dress, the jewelry, the makeup, the hair, she looked amazing.

3.Eva Longoria..do not like her per say, but her dress fit her perfectly! Looked awesome.Accessories were perfect too.

4. Kate Winslet, she always does simple and elegant without being boring, love her!

Least Faves:

1. Debra Messing..loved the hair, hated her snobby ass attitude, hated the horribly fitted dress, god awful.

2. Eva Mendes..sorry Cynthia ;)...it just did not fit her properly, especially the bodice, it was weird. But loved the necklace, hair and makeup.

3. Jennifer Lopez...HATE her hair like that, why must women do this? Do no get me started on that mess of a dress, not to mention it was NOT flattering from any angle. Sad, because I love her body.

4. Beyonce...she doesn't have a sense of style at all, she always looks like a Miss America Pageant gal plus her ponytail didn't match the rest of her hair.

5. Cameron Diaz..hot mess. Never gets it right, except when she wears shorter dresses.

6. Heidi Klum..tries too hard to be right on every trend and it is tiresome. Again, that harsh slicked back hair, shoes were rockin' but of course they are the latest "it" shoe, so she HAD to wear them. She looks best dressed casually or in more relaxed clothing I think with her hair loose.

7. Rumer Willis..ugh. Loved the dress...but how on earth could two good looking people produce such a strange, full of herself child? Sorry, hated the hair, and the belt she wore with the dress. Odd looking.

I usually love Angelina Jolie's look, the simpler the better..but this color did nothing for her at all.

Boy, I am one judgmental bee-otch! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.