Getnfit@39?

mogambo

Cathlete
Speaking of people I haven't seen for awhile, does anyone know what happened to Donna? Did DebbieH have her executed so she wouldn't have any Posting-like-a-psychopath competition? I did a search and she posted last in August. She was such a regular. What happened?

Liane, you are too funny! No, I haven't done a thing with Donna! Ha! She does lurk from time to time and an occasional post too but doesn't have the time to post like she used to. I miss her a LOT! She always had so much to share. Also, didn't she change her user name because she kept having to change it every year after her birthday? I think she has posted since last August. I'll see if I can find her new screen name and let you know. Yoo-Hooo, Donna, you out there????

Came back to say her new name is: getnfit

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Thank you Debbie. I should've known YOU'D find a way to post on this one too!! :p :p

Actually, my nemesis is Nancy. I know she stays up at night finding ways to try to post more than I do!!

I used to be "gamber", but when I changed to a DSL line I couldn't get my name back, so all those 200 or 300 posts from back then are lost forever. What a world, what a world!!!!

It's good to know she's getnfit, though. Thank you.

Awww shucks! Thanks for thinking about me! :D

I'm still around, just less now that I babysit full time for my almost 3 month old grandson. He is a blessing but he's one of those babies that doesn't appreciate sleep in the daytime. Oh he's wonderful from 9pm-7am but he's an alert little thing all day so getting online is impossible most days of the week, he just does not cooperate!
I have a sincere appreciation for moms that workout! Who knew you'd have to schedule a workout at "oh my God thirty" in the morning just to get one in before the baby wakes up, or in my case some days, before he gets here. WOW! It is a sacrifice for sure and how moms do it on a regular basis is a mystery to me! So "2 thumbs up, a snap and a clap" for every "working out mom" on this forum and worldwide, you guys are the true fitness queens! ;)

But life is the same, just my surfing/online time is shorter while the baby is in this stage. I figure it should smooth out in the next few months as he begins to really notice the world around him and try being mobile (crawling). And when I do get online I still have my "epals" that email me their eating plans, ask about exercise advice, etc., and I NEVER want them to feel blown off because each of them is 300+lbs and I remember clearly just how important support is when you're losing at a higher weight, so they are always my priority when I get online, I NEVER want to lose one, each of them has the desire to lose but it is extremely overwhelming sometimes when you're looking at a 3 as the first number of your weight. Life would be easier if I could get them here! :D

But I do still pop in and am always lurking.......

Thanks guys,

Donna

Well, it's so good to hear from you again and get some idea what your life is about. I'm online a lot because I 'm looking for a job, and often get bored with cover letters and websites and end up over here again.

Take care.

Gotcha mogambo! You tried to slip in a few extra posts while I wasn't looking, but I'm determined to catch up even if it means being very late to work on this snowy morning. :7 Great to see getnfit here and to know she is still with us, even if it is at oh-my-god-thirty! :7 I thought I was looking forward to someday being a grandma, but I'll have to rethink that....

Yarrrrgh! It'll be a cold mornin' in pirate hell afore I lets the likes a you catch up to me in the postin', me hearty!!

}( }( }(

Mogambo:

I was pleased to discover that your first name is Liane (on another thread, somewhere in time). It's pretty and unusual, you should sign off with your real name more often!

Clare

Liane:

why has it been a nightmare? Or can't we ask? Listen, I'lll call you whatever you want, just state your preference!

Clare

Well, if you hear it before you see it, it's hard to spell. If you see it, it's impossible to pronounce. People remember me as Naomi, Leeone, Lalini, etc. It sounds like LeeAhnee, rhymes with Johnny. I wanted a name you can spell and pronounce and doesn't start a conversation like, "What kind of name is that? Is it Hawaiian?"

I don't know what my mother was thinking!

Of course you can call me that. I was just kvetching, like usual. Besides, it lets me get another post ahead of Evil Nancy!!}( }( }(

Hey, I'm losing! Both of you, Liane and Clare, have more posts than me! Guess I'll just have to chime in here then to say: is it Lee-ah-nee? I agree with Clare; that is SUCH a lovely name!! I'm on your mother's side!

And watch out, because I'll be catching up....}( <evil mustache-twirling grin>

You may be losing now, but the only way to stay ahead is to work for it!!

Yes, it's Lee-AH-nee, like Johnny. Liane Hansen of NPR is my nemesis, as she pronounces it Lee-Ann. I don't like that because it sounds like Betty Sue, Lou Ann, one of those old fashioned names. I also don't like Leone, Naomi, Elaine, Diane, Lalona, Lalini, Lay On Me, Lala, Lee, Lunar Module, Loony, and all the other things I've been called.

No it's not Hawaiian, either. It turns out to be short for Liana, the woody vine that Tarzan swings on. You know I was thrilled when I found that out. It may also be derived from Juliana. The variation Liane seems to be French.

So, you're on my mother's side are you! Them's fighting words. I just got a Jolly Roger Pirate shower cap for Christmas and I'm ready for you. I'm not kidding about that. I really do wear it in the shower. Here it is. Be very afraid.

http://www.mcphee.com/tiki/current/11249.html

Now that IS scarey, but not for the reasons you think }( ! LOL!!

(Hey, I saw Pirates of the Caribbean too, and Spongebob Squarepants is my favorite TV show, but no one got ME a shower cap. Boy.)

Liane, I'd like to see you add an avatar wearing that shower cap, okay? PLEASE??

-Nancy trying hard to catch up

bloody hilarious shower cap!!!!

I am having a god-awful day, but that picture made me laugh aloud, so thanks!

Yes, "liane" is French, it means a climbing plant, and in the French it is just an incredibly elegant word, so I imagine you to be the same. I would never call you Lunar module!

Clare

Thank you one and all. I appreciate the various compliments and questions. I live alone so I don't have anyone to play with me! :eek:

I would actually be willing to create an avatar image, but I have no camera, no housemate, and no idea how to create an avatar image. I do have an extra pirate shower cap. I was just going to save mine for when my first one wears out, but I'd be happy to send it to Nancy.

IF and only IF, she makes an avatar and wears it too.

I also have a viking helmet from Archie McPhee, but am so not the viking type genetically. What I want, more than anything, is an outfit like Keanu Reeves wore in the 2nd Matrix movie. A black Spanish Priest looking thing. I would wear a large wooden crucifix and stare menacingly and aloofly at people, with my hair pulled back into a bun.

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!

For a small fee, video is doable. For a fee, most anything is doable (I am looking for a job)

Won't you people please let this thread die with dignity? Or at least die?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.