FREE KITTENS!!

KITTENS FOR ADOPTION!!!

*** Sorry for thread title, but kittens are not free ***

My husband and I rescued a pregnant stray and have been assisting her with the care of her ADORABLE kittens - 4 in total. We found homes for two of them, but two more need homes! Here's my ad (this is the Campbell Hall, NY area):

2 female kittens, 6 weeks old. BJ is gray & white and Peanut is mostly black with little white puffs of fur on her chest and belly. Both kittens are litter trained, eating wet kitten food, and very playful, loving and friendly. They have also been socialized with humans, other cats and dogs. Momma cat is a calico/tabby mix and we believe the father is tabby/main coon cat mix. See pictures below. PLEASE email me for more pictures and/or more info, including adoption fees and pre-screeing questionnaire. If you live within a reasonable distance from us, we are willing to deliver the kittens to you!

Please respond if interested, we cannot keep them much longer and they desperately need loving homes!!! My hubby and I already have 3 cats and a dog. We'll try to keep the kittens until we find a home, but really need to send them off to their own loving family!

Thanks!!
:)Christine

Attachments

• BJ.jpg
    BJ.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Peanut.jpg
    Peanut.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Good on you for rescuing the cat and her kitties!
I hope the remaining two all find loving homes quickly.

One suggestion: if you advertise the kittens other than to people you know, I strongly encourage you to ask for a nominal adoptiion fee ($5-$10). This will help discourage interest by people who collect animals to sell to labs for vivisection and experiments (yes, there are people who actually do this for a living! And they don't necessarily look like the scumbags they are: they can come across as normal people who have all the paraphernalia all ready to adopt a kitty), or use them as bait to train fighting dogs, or are just looking for something to do harm to.

Kathryn,
You are so right and thank you for reminding me in your post. That was one of the reasons why I didn't want to put an ad in the local newspaper, I don't know why I didn't think about that posting here. I edited our ad to include a fee and pre-screen questionnaire, which I think are both excellent ideas :) We have contacts with local spay/neuter groups/shelters who can assist us with this pre-screening.

Thanks again!

Dang, those are cute kitties!

Good thing I don't live close, and already have my self-imposed limit of cats (4!), or I'd be sorely tempted! They both seem to be giving me a "take me home" look: the black one a bit coyly, the dark gray one a bit more insistently.

I'd be temped too if I lived anywhere near you!

We rescued 4 kittens a few years ago and put up a notice on the bulletin board at our vet's office. We found homes for two of them within two days that way. It was really heartwarming as one of the new parents had recently had to put her kitty down and was looking for a new companion for her other kitty who was now alone.

I hope you find good homes for them. They really are sooo cute!

Yes putting up an ad at the vets is a good idea. People who have lost a cat to illness or old age will see and you know if they are at the vets they take care of their pets. Also your vet will know them and provide a reference. Great suggestion. When my friend had to rehome 2 siamese due to divorce she found them wonderful homes thru her vet.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions! My hubby and I made up a flyer with pictures today and will be posting them at our vet's office and a local animal shelter!

Kathryn... I know what you mean about the "self imposed limit", ours was 2 and now we have 3, ha! I found our third abandoned and really sick. I took him home just to nurse him back to health.... and the rest is history. :)

We really cannot have 5 though, plus our dog! I'm sure someone will scoop these little girls up, saying goodbye will be the hardest part!!

I'm so glad your really not giving away the kittens for free! There are so many animal abusers out there. And others who look through the free pet ads so they can sell animals to research labs. These people are known as bunchers and will steal pets from homes and backyards also. :( They will sometimes pay kids in neighborhoods a few dollars to tell them if there are pets in backyards for them to steal. ( Always keep your fences locked so your pets will be safe!)

If you have to take them to a shelter hopefully you have a no-kill shelter in your area?

If my husband saw the gray and white one, he'd be on the next commercial flight to New York to pick it up! (No lie--he loves gray cats! We have two of them, in fact.)

I think the vet bulliten board sounds like an EXCELLENT idea. With those cute faces, you should find a home fast! :) :) :)

Kathryn... I know what you mean about the "self imposed limit", ours was 2 and now we have 3, ha!

Well, mine was three (the very-logical 'perfect number: if one passes on, and you have only that one, it's too empty. If you have only two and one passes on, the one left is as sad as you are. With three, the two remaining can comfort you and each other.)

Then it went to four (Mandy was adopted, then brought back to the shelter 3 months later declawed and unloved).

Then five (Rascal--a young, healthy cat who never tried to bite or scratch anyone, cat or human--was on the "when the shelter needs more room--which will be soon--we'll have to euthanize" list, just because he is neurotic and shy, and didn't approach anyone but me and a woman who works at the shelter).

Five was a bit much (especially with one needing twice-daily insulin shots, and another having kidney problems), but it makes 4 seem like a doable limit, LOL!

Believe me, if I didn't have a limit, there a 2-3 (or more) at the shelter than would be snuggled up on my bed right now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.