FOXY FUSIONISTAS MONTH OF JULY

wiggie

Cathlete
Happy Monday!! :p

Friday's workout was Lower body Endurance from Pretty Fierce Lean out, Saturday's was Zcut cardio #3 & #4 & Sunday's was Zcut Strength #2 & #3, then later Pump Extreme.

Katie: I'm glad your cold is a getting better. I have no idea why anyone would make a dvd without music, makes no sense to me.:rolleyes: The music that plays on the menu page would have been great. I hear you on working out in the heat. I can't do it, the heat completely zaps my energy.:confused:

Wendy: I liked Zcut Strength #1, though it's not much different from the cardio. I just feel like it's not enough weight work. I guess I'm just used to a more length or more variety.

Have a great day!!:)

Last edited:
Morning girls!

Saturday's workout was S90 Shoulders and Arm. I really enjoyed it!! And my triceps are still slightly sore (they were really sore yesterday). Overall, I am pleased with that workout. Wish I could say the same thing about this morning's workout - S90 Cardio Challenge. In my opinion, there wasn't near enough cardio and it wasn't nearly challenging enough. I guess i'm just used to Cathe's insane cardio workouts (TTM and CrossFire come to mind :p). I also did 1/2 of S90 core dynamics and it was purty good. I'm already missing Cathe, but i'm going try to be strong and stick with S90 (or other non-Cathe) for at least another week and a half (for a total of two weeks). I might sneak in a few 100 rep challenges, though. :D

Wiggie: Thanks for getting us started for the month. Yes, the heat is TOTALLY draining!!! I like summer, except for the extreme heat. :D;) What's Pretty Fierce Lean out? I've never heard of that one. Great job with ZCut!! It sounds like maybe you are totally satisfied with the ZCut strength workouts? That stinks. :confused: Music is important to me when I workout. Well, kind of. :rolleyes::) I don't usually pay that much attention to the music, but I have to have some kind of music. It helps motivate me. And I like to workout to the beat, which sometimes helps and sometimes hinders. :eek:

Wendy: Nice Friday mix. ;) Uh oh, doesn't sound like you are completely satisfied with your ZCut workout either. Wait, is ZCut Power the same as ZCut cardio? or is it one of the strength workouts? I should just Google it myself, I know. :D Oh my goodness I HATE holding DBs on my shoulders during squats. You know why? I'm wimpy and it's sooo hard. :D:eek::p So maybe I should give that a try soon...LOL!

Either of you have any exciting July 4th plans? None here. Well, the next book in one of my favorite series (the Patrick Bowers Files - Books) is released tomorrow so i'll likely spend most of July 4th on the back porch swing reading. Can't wait!?!

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

This morning's work out:

4 rounds of this circuit:
one arm squat press up R (10 reps)
3 point perfect push up (10 reps)
one arm squat press up L (10 reps)
barbell row (10 reps)
stability ball forward roll (10 reps)

Good stuff! Especially that dang 3 point push up! What was I thinking!? :eek::p

So I posted my work out on FB as my "WOD". Well the studio owner saw it and posted "WOD"? (Jon Cringes). LOL. He is an avid Crossfit hater so just the term WOD gets him goin'! :p

Katie:: Yay for getting through another non-Cathe work out!!!! This is as exciting as Wiggie pushing through a full rotation without getting side-tracked! LOL :p I like Z-Cut Cardio a lot! It's Z-Cut Power that my first impression of was "meh" on. It's only the first of twelve work outs though so I certainly haven't given up hope yet! I will slice them and dice them until I find a way to use them! :p Yes, change it up and hold those db's up by your shoulders! It's great core activation but only if you do one db/one arm at a time so make sure you do that, okay? :)

Wiggie:: NICE WORK OUTS~You inspire me!:) Yeah, ITA. I think Z gets too cardio crazy. Power shouldn't have cardio in it. It should be all weights and body weight strength work to compliment the cardio series. For that reason it annoyed me when I saw she put the side to side hops and burpees (IIRC!?) in the first Power work out. :mad:

Ok, my lunch is just about over. Time to refill my coffee cup and get back to work! BBL!;)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

My son's hamster (Junior..or Chinga as my husband so eloquently nicknamed him!LOL) is sick and dying. He was fine as far as I could tell y'day morning but when I came home last night I went to take him out of his cage and he couldn't open his eyes. He was also lethargic. He's gotten worse over night and it's just a matter of time. I feel terrible. I cried last night and I'm crying again now. I think the hardest part right now is wondering if he is suffering. He was such a sweet little thing. If he isn't going to bounce back (which I know he's not), then he should go quickly......

My son doesn't know yet. I'm not looking forward to telling him....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi gals.

This morning I did S90 Chest/Back. The background exercisers move WAY to fast in this one, so what they did in 22 minutes took me about 30 (maybe slightly more). I'm not a huge fan of some of the back exercises, so if I do this one again i'll modify. I also did two, 100 rep challenges - triceps and scarecrows. I love the 100 rep challenges!! I feel so empowered afterwards.

I made this for dinner last night - http://www.southernliving.com/food/...rm-produce-recipes-00417000067849/page22.html - and it was sooo yummy! If you are looking for a fresh, light summer salad, I highly recommend this recipe. I decreased the pasta and increased the veggies to up the healthy factor. I also used my tuscan herb and basil EVOO and strawberry balsamic vinegar. Delicious! I'm getting ready to eat the leftovers for lunch. :D

Wendy: Awwwww, i'm so sorry to hear about Junior. That's so sad. I wonder what would cause such a sudden, unexpected change in him? Pets are such an integral part of our families. Any chance you can get him to a vet? (((((HUGS))))) I LOL at your WOD conundrum. I know several less-than-enthusiastic-about-crossfit people who despise the phrase "WOD". But hey, I like it! ;) I'm thinking about going for a mid-day cup of coffee myself. I do not do that often, but I think I need it today. :rolleyes::p;)

Hi Wiggie!!!

Last edited:
Morning!

Today's workout was S90 - Tabata Inferno. It's a solid workout. It includes pushups in different circuits, which I usually don't mind, but my chest/shoulders/triceps are sore from yesterday's fun. So, I did the first round of pushups but substituted apple pickers and air jacks for the latter rounds. Overall, i'm pleased. :) If the weather stays nice i'm going to take my dog for a 30/40 minute walk after work. I've been doing that quite frequently lately.

Wendy: I saw on Facebook that Junior died. :( I'm so sorry. How is your son taking the news? Not well, i'm sure. ((((MORE HUGS))))

Hi Ladies!!:)

Sorry about not posting, I couldn't log on at work :mad:, & I've been so busy with, life I guess:rolleyes:, IYkWIM. Monday's workout was Steppin in Rhythm about 30 minutes of it & Zcut Power Cardio #5. Tuesday's was Zcut Power Strength #4 & #5. The only thing I changed was renegade rows to regular rows. I liked them both.

Wendy: So sorry about Junior, how's DS? Hugs to both of you.

Katie: I am so proud of you!! I can't believe you haven't done a Cathe workout for over a week!!:eek::p S90 does move fast, but they are decent workouts. Especially for the money spent. Walking is a great way to mix it up, I've read threads that swear that walking does amazing things for your lower body. Pretty Fierce Lean Out is an 11 dvd set by Lindsay Brin that I bought from Steals.com. She has another one called weight Loss that has 8 dvds. They were on sale for half price, so I thought why not?:p That salad looks good, so colorful!! Yum!!

Last edited:
Happy Fourth of July!!!! Spending the day with DH. :) I'll stop back later to report my workout and for personals!

Happy Fourth of July to you!!;)

No workout for me Wednesday, today's was ZPC(Zcut Power Cardio)#6 & #7. I planned to do more but never got around to it.:rolleyes: We stayed home & cooked on the grill, DH's dad came over & ate with us. I'm off Friday too, DD & DGD are coming over. Hope you ladies are enjoying yourselves!! :)

Talk to you soon!! :cool:

Hello.

Quick check in and then I'm off and running again. Story of my life lately!....

Wednesday was an unplanned rest day b/c I was just exhausted from the upset of our little buddy getting sick so suddenly. :(

Y'day I did Z Cut Power # 3 but I changed it up a bit and only had time for 3 rounds. Still a good work out though. We spent the 4th with my mom and her boyfriend by the pool (had lunch there) and then went back to her house for dinner.

This morning I had high hopes of working out but slept in instead. :rolleyes: Leaving in 20 to drop DS off at MIL's (he's spending the weekend) and then heading to my bestie's for the day. She is getting married tmrw (hence DS going to MIL's - No kids wedding) so I am helping her w/last minute stuff as well as her sanity. LOL

Gotta scram! Glad everyone had a great holiday!
BBL or tmrw!:)

Good morning!

I am sooooo over this rain!! I don't usually mind rain, but it has rained every day for weeks now. :mad: I had a lovely afternoon yesterday with DH. We did a little shopping and then went to the Melting Pot for dinner. I ate so. much. food. And not one bit of it was healthy. :D Oops! :p

Yesterday's workout was S90 - Legs + three, 100 rep challenges - hip thrusts, biceps, and lateral raises. My bum is fried!!! :D No workout today. I'm taking my usual Friday rest day.

Wiggie: Glad you're enjoying your ZCut workouts still. That's fantastic! Are you doing a specific rotation? Enjoy your day off today!! Hopefully the weather is nice in your neck of the woods (see my above rant, yep i'm still grumbling about the weather, lol). Yeah I don't mind the S90 workouts. I think I got the series at Big Lots for...$4-5? Heck, you can't beat that! I can't wait for Cathe's new series to come out. :eek::eek::eek: I tolerate other instructors but Cathe is still my girl. ;) Speaking of other instructors, I need to look at Combat again....

Wendy: Have a fabulous time tonight with your beastie and tomorrow at the wedding!!! I love weddings, especially when i'm behind the scenes. :) Make sure you keep a glass of wine in hand. I'm sure the bride is going to need it. ;) An afternoon by the pool sounds lovely. I haven't been to the pool all summer. I need to rectify that situation. And soon! Nice job modifying ZCut to meet your needs. I've been modifying S90 a bit, too.

This morning I did a simple body weight circuit:
20 @ 15/35 of...
Pull Ups
Push Ups
Prisoner Squats
Round 1-Crawls 2-Burpees 3-Jump Squats 4-Skaters
Body Saws

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Well gals I finally did it. I finally ordered Combat. WOOT WOOT! :D :D :D I'm super excited! I've been wanting this set for awhile now but between vacation and birthdays and my anniversary and adopting a dog and a kitten from the humane society, etc. I just couldn't spare the money. But now I can. And I did. :D I only got the basic package for now. I'll probably order the other 4 dvds soon. I just didn't really want/need the gloves. I've got my 12 ounce pink gloves that I use to add intensity to KB workouts. Did I mention i'm a wee bit excited? :p

Speaking of kickboxing, Saturday's workout was Susan Chung's Rapidfire Results (blue cover). Man, I sweated like crazy! I made sure to follow the higher-intensity modifier (when offered) to really push myself hard. Yesterday's workout was S90 chest, tris, and shoulders + 1/2 of Ultimate Ball. The chest/tris/shoulders workout was awesome! Time went by fast and I really enjoyed the workout. Ultimate ball was just...okay. I got bored quickly. This morning's workout was about 40 minutes of Tracy's Kickboxing Challenge. I just couldn't get into the workout this morning. I'm going to put it back into my rotation, though, because I know it is a great workout. I was/am just having an "off" morning.

Wendy: Nice job knocking out two excellent workouts this weekend! I particularly like your body-weight workout. It's amazing how much you can do without any equipment. I've been trying to use as little equipment as possible lately. It saves so much time not having to drag stuff out of every corner of my house. ;)

Hey Girls. :)

I've since changed it but when I posted my work out above I wrote "4 @ 15/35" when it should have been "20 @ 15/35". 4 would only be the first 4 exercises one time through. IDT that would have been a very good work out! :rolleyes::D:p

I posted my work out for Friday already and on Saturday morning I participated in the group training session at the studio and got my azz kicked! :D Yesterday I wanted to work out but by the time I finally could do it (after 7pm), I was too dang tired so it ended up being a rest day. :rolleyes:

Katie:: So you finally caved on Combat huh? I feel a group rotation coming on! Nice work outs for you over the weekend. How do you like the Melting Pot? I have wanted to go there forever but DH isn't really into it. He's heard it's not worth the $$$. What do you think?? I mostly chose a body weight work out this morning b/c I might want to participate in group training at the studio tonight since I'm not working so I knew a body weight work out was safe to do and still work out later if I want to w/o over-doing it. As you know though, not having to mess with a lot of equipment is always a plus for me as well! :D

Wiggie:: Last you wrote, it sounded like you were enjoying your 4th! :) No worries about adding anything to a double-Zcut work out! You did plenty!!!!:eek: The way you are doing 2+ Z's every time you work out, you will fly through her work outs no time! Just in time to do Combat with Katie! ;)

I guess that's all for now.
BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hello Ladies!!:)

I apologize for being MIA again but my home computer doesn't like Cathe either!!:mad: I could not get on at work or at home, so frustating!!:confused: Friday's workout was Total Body Endurance from my Lean out set, loved it!! I didn't get to finish it because of the storms so Saturday I finished it.:rolleyes: Sunday's was Upper Body Transformer, ZPS #6 (Zcut Power Strength) & some tricep pushups. I'm thinking about doing the challnge again. Fantastic workouts as usual Ladies!!

Katie: So excited that you got Combat!!:D I only purchased the basic set also & don't plan to get the others. I do like it alot. I am so looking forward to doing it "with" you.:) I can't wait for the new Cathe's either, I soo love getting new workouts!!

Wendy: How was the wedding? I know you had fun, I too love weddings!! How are you liking ZPS now? They have certainly grown on me, #6 was the bomb!!:rolleyes::p:D

I better go, I sneaked and used the boss's computer, don't want to get caught!:D

Morning Glories and welcome to the armpit of the week!:p

This morning's work out kicked my tushy! Here's what I did:

10 reps of each exercise x 1 round followed by 5 reps of each exercise x 1 round...

1)Elbow Plank Walk (4) -10 sec Side Plank Hold R-Elbow Plank Walk (4) -10 sec Side Plank Hold L

2)Squat-Curl-Press

3)Squat-Rear Lunge R-Squat-Rear Lunge L

Then...

8 @ 15/15
of
Bear Crawls and Jump Lunges
then
Skaters and Squat Jumps
and last but not least
Alternating Swings and Burpees

BBL!:cool:

Good morning!!:cool:

Monday's workout was ZPC #8 & #9.:eek: I almost didn't finish #9,:eek: but when I noticed I had only 1 more round, I pushed on.

Have a great day Ladies!!;)

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Today's workout was S90 - back and bis. Good stuff. My complaint is that I felt a few of the exercises in my shoulders more than my back. I had to keep pausing because my shoulders were failing, but my back was not. I think i'll modify a bit next time.

Wiggie: Way to push through ZCut #9. You're definitely a ZCut Warrior! ;) If you decide to do a tricep pushup challenge let me know and i'll join you. I HATE, DESPISE, and DREAD tricep pushups, which means I should probably be doing them more often. :D:rolleyes::p Boo on Saturday's storms. It rained like crazy in my neck of the woods for 3 days straight. We got over 6inches of rain. Bring on the sunshine! :) Glad you didn't get caught using the boss's computer! ;)

Wendy: "Armpit of the week" - HAHAHAHA! Love that. I've never heard that expression before, but it made my morning. Excellent workouts this past weekend. You're rocking, girl. The group training sessions at the studio sound like so much fun. It's making me itch to try a few group classes. I'm thinking about doing Crossfit for a month. Shhhhh, don't tell your boss. :D Yes,we should definitely do a group Combat rotation. :eek::eek::eek: I adore the Melting Pot. We only go once a year (if that) because it is a little pricey. We usually expect to pay around $100 (2 people, including drinks). But, ya know what, it's just a fun experience, and it's different. For those reasons alone, it's worth it in my mind every once in awhile. Be prepared, though, for a LOT of food. It's one of the few places that i've left literally feeling sick because I ate so much. :D:eek::rolleyes::p

Last edited:
Good morning!!;)

Tuesday's workout was ZPS #7 + some bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep extensions & kickbacks then my tricep pushups for the challenge. I did 5 sets, going to failure each time, the challenge does 5 sets also giving you a specific number to do.

Katie: We have been getting rain daily too, & according to the forecast more to come. I don't think we have a Melting Pot here, at least not to my knowledge. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Yeah, that's a little pricey, but if you enjoy it it's worth it.:) So for the most part you are enjoying S90, I never got around to doing all of them:eek:, but the ones I did were pretty good. Re Zcut, no particular rotation, I'm just doing them in order, cardio one day strength the next.

Wendy: Great workout you put together!! I love workouts with no or minimal equipment, it just saves so much time. So what's the verdict on Zcut? Not that you need them, you create great routines on your own!!:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.