For those going to Daytona....

Pinny150

Cathlete
Who is as excited as I am??? My question(s) is/are these.... is anyone planning on coming in a day early (thursday) and/or making a mini vacation as well and staying until monday or tuesday?? Just wondering....I'm looking at the all inclusive packages (found a really good deal...with an oceanfront room:eek:), and I'm just wondering if anyone is going to stick around the extra day for some R&R??

Also....I've never been to an RT....so I will know NO ONE....:confused: I'm kinda nervous about that.......:eek:

Iris

Hi Iris,
I can't wait!!!! I'm arriving Thursday (late night) and unfortunately have to scoot Sunday afternoon... wish I could join you for extended vacation! I have been to two RT's and had the time of my life meeting people... I remember being nervous, too! The energy is awesome... we're going to have so much fun; can't wait to meet you!
Sue

Hi Iris, I too am SO excited! Since I live in Florida I'll be driving over on Friday morning and then leaving after the brunch on Sunday. If I didn't live here I would likely make it a longer trip...why not? And the weather is usually gorgeous in October here. I'm nervous about not knowing people as well. I went to the RT last month (first time) and had such a great time - everyone was so welcoming and nice that it really put me at ease.

See you there!

Ok I feel a little bit less nervous now...:eek: lol I'm coming from Albany, NY....and meeting new people so far from home*when it seems like everyone knows each other already!* is making me more apprehensive than booking, flying, traveling, AUDITIONING...lol etc.... But can't wait to meet you guys! ;)

see ya there!

I just booked my flight and bought my ticket to the tour. I am flying in on the 21 and leaving Monday the 26th for an extended stay. I am trying to get through to the hotel and the bus service to get from Orlando Airport to the hotel!

This is going to be exciting!! Can't wait to meet you and the others!

Becky- Have you gotten through to the hotel?? I've been trying for a couple of hours...... :confused: Busy signal is what I'm getting....

Hi everyone!

Iris, this is a first for me too so I'm really nervous. Glad to know I'm not alone in that feeling! Like one of other gals, I live in Florida so I'll be driving to Daytona Friday morning and leaving after the brunch.

For anyone who hasn't booked your room at the hotel yet, I read through Cathe's blog about Daytona (I think I read that thing almost weekly!!) and I noticed that it now says you have to book your room by September 15 to get the Cathe road tripper special rates. Glad I saw that as I hadn't booked my room yet.

I can't wait to meet you all!

Karri

Just got this

Becky- Have you gotten through to the hotel?? I've been trying for a couple of hours...... :confused: Busy signal is what I'm getting....

Sorry - you probably already go tthrough. I had emailed them yesterday and it turned out their phones were down. They should be up and running again. I made a reservation via email and then told them to call me for my credit card info once the phones were up. They called yesterday afternoon (9/9) so they should be ok now.

Hope you got through!

Ohhh is that what happened?? I never ended up getting through, I ended up not needing to.....:) I ended up doing a flight/hotel package. Coming in Thursday and leaving Monday night. 41 days! (approx.?) lol :D

Hi Iris,

I'm driving down from SC and hope to get there early afternoon on Thursday. Would you like to get together for dinner?? This is only my second RT but I can tell you that it will be one of the best experiences of your life and there is nothing to be nervous about!

Bev

Hello Bev,

Meeting for dinner would be great :) I fly in at 1:00...so I should be to the hotel around 2ish? Hopefully! And then I'll know I'll want to explore the resort for awhile :cool: I think there are restaurants within walking distance as well. Where in sc are you coming from? I lived in Greenville/Spartanburg for 8 years....I miss it!

I am getting more and more excited about this trip now! 39 days.......

Iris,

I live in Fort Mill which is just across the border from Charlotte. We've been here for 5 years and I love it!

Since I'm driving, we can also drive somewhere to eat dinner if there is nothing near the hotel. Can't wait to meet you. I should get there between 2 and 3 but I see that check in is at 4 so hopefully they will have our rooms ready!

Bev

Hi Bev,

Yeah SC is an addictive state...lol It's been almost 5 years since I've moved back to NY. Well as time gets closer I will email you my cell # so you can call me when you get in and settled. ;) I'm not too worried about check-in........and even if the rooms aren't ready a little early, surely they will hold bags??

Iris

Hi Iris,

I'm sure they will check our bags if we can't check in but I would imagine they won't be all that busy that they can't have our rooms ready a bit early.

I sent you a pm this morning.

Bev

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.