Foam Rolling? More Like *Eye Rolling*! (In a Good Way)

AVeyRa

Cathlete
I’m late to the party on STS 2.0. But after a six-month hiatus, I am finally in the second week of the weights-only rotation. I’m currently in physical therapy for a janky left hip and my PT consists of a lot of left leg strength work and stretching. So today, when we did unilateral work in Giant Sets Total Body, I was SO THANKFUL. Why no one does this more is beyond me. My entire left side is a little wonky (weaker, tighter, less mobility, etc) so unilateral work is my current best friend.

Decided to combine STS 2.0 Foam Rolling Upper and Lower Body with my workout. I’ve never really done foam rolling before so it was interesting. But right out of the gate, when Cathe said, “Lie down on your foam roller and stretch your chest,” I groaned audibly. Such a good hurt.

But the absolute kicker was getting to the hip rolling. “Your piriformis muscle gets really sore doing workouts, and this tenderizes that meat.” YEAH, IT DOES! Apparently, *my* piriformis is the problem with my left hip. My eyes literally rolled back in my head. The video was over and I was still rolling my hip! It felt so amazing.

Cathe‘s cueing and sense of humor is, of course, impeccable and disarming. I really like the foam rolling “workouts”. Will be coming back to those again and again. Thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.