flu/cold help

bestican

Cathlete
Happy New year to everyone....I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Anyway, our house really did not---we have all been sick since THANKSGIVING! First my 2 year old had strep-then I got it....never really got over it, then on Christmas day my 2 year old had the flu, yesterday my 8 year old came down with it. And now I have a terrible sinus infection/cough.....ANY ideas for us to get healthy?!?!? Besides washing hands and wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant, what can we do? I havn't been able to exercise more than 1x per week since Thanksgiving with all the downtime and doctor appointments! I don't think I can drink anymore tea!

Thanks for any advice !

BestICan

No advice for you just letting you know you aren't alone. I had the flu just before Thanksgiving, then a cold, then a sinus infection. I was on antibiotics for the sinus infection that I reacted to. Just got my prescription changed yesterday and still working on being upright. I am incredibly frustrated and ready to be healthy again.

Get whatever rest you can and here's to hoping for a healthy New Year.

I'd love to know the answer to this too! While I haven't been as sick as your family, BestICan (which really stinks!!! I hope you guys feel better soon!!), I've been sick since Christmas Eve with this annoying cough, light fever on & off, runny nose, and I just feel achy and tired all the time. My job looks down on people who take sick days esp during the holidays (which really annoys me because what is the point of granting SICK days?!), so I pretty much have to be here. I'm so unproductive at work and all I keep thinking about is going home and sleeping! I also haven't gotten a decent workout in for awhile and I'm feeling crappy about it.

Have you been taking vitamins? I feel that usually helps. And lots of broth-based soups, fruits, veggies, and sleep sleep SLEEP!! That usually helps for me, which is probably why I haven't been getting better. Usually if I follow the protocol above, I'm better in a couple of days.

Ladies, I feel for you all! I had the flu (first time in 35 years!) starting the weekend before Thanksgiving! I called my doctor because my fever was at 103! They didn't even want me in the office! I was drinking tons of fluids, taking Advil for the fever and just laying around. My doctor called me in a prescription for Tamiflu. I took that for a week and I was much better! I was still not 100% because of my asthma which was still making breathing a little bit difficult, but I was back on my feet within a week.

Bestican, when you have children in the house, it make it much more difficult! Everyone I know with kids has weeks of misery because everyone keeps passing around within the household! Check with your doctor, make sure it's not flu and, if it is, see if a prescription for Tamiflu would be helpful! I don't know where you live, but if you could get some "clean" air circulating through the house a little bit, it might get some of the yuck out the air!

Not very scientific or medical, but I think psychologically it would be beneficial! That's if you don't live up here where we are having wind chills in the single digits right now! Brrrr!

Get well soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.