FIRM CLASSICS TO DVD

Susan Harris Volume 1,Volume 4 and parts of Tortoise and Hare. Sandahl was V3-when Anna introduced tall step.

I do enjoy both Firms but haven't gotten the Wave. The Firms along Fitprime, Cathe, Gin, Keli Roberts and a few others are basis of my collection. Lately I have been adding yoga at the beginning of my workout. I think yoga helps me to center and my body is warmer so I have a better workout.

The Chalean Extreme does look pretty good though. I need to find that winning lottery ticket!!

I have one Firm tape and it has Emily. I thought she was so upbeat and got you to move. Then I found Cathe. But I oew my getting started in exercise to the Firm. Kay

When I did Firm Cardio Challenge,one of my leaders was Emily and Dale Branham. I had an opportunity to meet other instructors as well. Still waitin' on the lottery ticket so I can do a Cathe roadtrip!!

I love the Firms too. I started back in the 80's with Firm Vol. 1 and Susan. I own all the early Firms and a few of the newer ones. I don't think the newer ones are as good as the originals. I even went on a couple of Firm trips to Charleston! I met Brenda Frambe at my first visit, but that was before she became one of Cathe's background exercisers!

Sadly, Anna Benson passed away a year or so ago.

I also prefer the older Firm workouts.

I pre-ordered every single one and just loved them. Prior to the Firms, I was doing Jane Fonda's workouts. Remember them? So, The Firms were so enjoyable because they introduced weight training as well as the cardio.

I still have them all, but rarely do them. My favorite is Cathe, but after reading this post, I may pull out some of my old Firm videos and do some again.

The barbell that I use with Cathe's workouts, even STS, is The Firm's padded barbell. It works out just fine for me.

Great subject, Amy! Thanks for bringing it up.

Linda

Where do you order them? From The Firm or Collage? I have them on VHS but dried up. Thanks.

Thanks, Amy!

Thank you Amy.... I hadn't done my work out yet today, as I am running late. But after reading this post, I pulled out an oldie.

I did Volume 2 and really enjoyed it. I think I will be rotating these in with my Cathe workouts!!

Thank you!!
Linda

I have most of the older Firm workouts on VHS and a couple on DVD, including Super Cardio. I do that one every so often, CAREFULLY use my Core Cardio 1 VHS (so afraid it will tear and that will be that, since it's never been released on DVD) and also a couple of Anna's FitPrimes. Other than that, most of my workouts now are Cathe's, with one Sharon Twombley and a couple of Christi Taylor's thrown in for good measure. And to the person who mentioned starting out with the Jane Fonda workouts...me, too! But I didn't get really serious about exercising until The Firm.

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for the link. I have used The Firm for 20 years and love my older work-outs. I only discovered Cathe recently and now am an avid fan with most of her DVDs already! However, some days I am just not up to a Cathe workout but I still want a tough, total body workout with cardio AND weights in an hour or less. Those days are perfect for The Firm.

About 10 days ago I did High Reps and felt like I got a great workout, even though it was the 1st time through and I was trying to find the optimal weight for each exercise. I was pleasantly sore the next day. 5 days ago I did an older Firm w/o; Body Sculpt with Jen Carmen. All weights, although my heart rate climbs into (and stays) in "cardio" range. I used heavy weights. I could barely walk, sit or crouch for 2 full days!

Don't discount The Firm, especially the older ones. Use heavy weights (they use 3, 5 and 8 lb dumbells but encourage you to "increase your weights when you are no longer challenged") They are GREAT workouts!

I adore Cathe and am so thankful that I finally found her; she is now the basis of my work-out regimen, but I will always appreciate my old Firm workouts and am glad to have them to occasionally rotate in.

Thank you to Amy for the link so that I can replace my tattered, delicate "classic" Firm VHS tapes! I don't want to ever lose them!

Firm Vol 1 to 6 Tortoise Hare

These workouts are classic and have stood the test of time!

Anna Benson changed the way women worked out during the mid to late 80s into the early 90s.

I think that these volumes are home fitness masterpieces.

I also think that these Firm videos complimemt Cathe's workouts.

They are great to a person new to weight training.

It is so sad that Anna is dead. I was astounded to hear she died at such an early age (59).

I hope that someday Anna will receive the recognition she deserves.

I owe a BIG thanks to Firm too! The Firm got me working out again,then I found Cathe. :D The Firm has a special place in my heart.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.