Finding 1RM?

FourAM

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to work in finding your 1rm to your workouts. There are so many excersises that I am knid of intimidated of where to start. Unless I am not understanding it right. But I want to be totally prepared when it gets here and I want the results that are sure to come if done correctly. I hope this is that push I am always striving to get without having the actual personal trainer in person.

So if anyone wants to give insight on how they are tackling this task all advice and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't test every exercise, just the basics.

I did a real good warm up then put on weight a little heavier than I normally use. If after five reps it felt easy. I quit, rested and piled on more weight. It wasn't hard at all. Most of my challenges, I got to 9-10 reps and then put that and the weight in the one rep calculator.

I've been incorporating my 1rm search into my current rotation. On cardio only days i'll do cardio then work on finding my 1rm for a sts disc. On weight days I list what exercises that I still need a 1rm for that are in my workout,when it comes to an 1rm exercise I pause the dvd do the test,write it down then continue on with the workout until the next one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.