Fiber One Caramel Delight?

pixie9

Cathlete
So my sister told me that this stuff tastes incredible. It has lots of fiber but is a little high in calories (I think 190 per cup - which isn't bad if you mix with something lower in calories). I know it has more sugar than the regular stuff but I'm thinking I can add it to my lower calorie diet on occasion. Especially if it tastes good! :)
Has anyone else tried it? And while we're at it, does anyone have any yummy/lower in calorie cereal suggestions??

TIA!
Carolyn

I always have the unadulterated fiber one cereal in my house and I love it. I've looked at the yummier kinds they offer but I avoid them due to the high sugar content. IA though that if you use it sparingly mixed with another lower cal/lower sugar cereal that it would be okay. I buy Bear naked trail mix and love to mix a little bit of it in with my cereal!:9

We actually bought it for DH, who is on this unhealthy-cereal kick, but guess what Carolyn, Matt doesn't like it!!!! x( Well, he likes the texture because it is a lot like cinnamon toast crunch or golden grahams, but the caramel flavor tastes fake to him, and he thinks it's TOO sweet! Arghhhh! The caramel flavor tastes a little fake to me too, and it could be less sweet, but I still think it's pretty good. I think it would be yummier if they did a cinnamon flavor rather than the caramel. Anyway, it's still good for all the fiber it has, but then again it's pretty high-cal too. And since Matt doesn't like it, and I'm not all that into sweet cereal, we probably won't keep buying it.

I agree about the caramel flavor. It's too strong and it actually makes me feel queasy after I eat it and I have to brush my teeth right away because the caramel smell on my breath is too much. It is a lot like Cinnamon Toast Crunch with a strong caramel flavor instead. I won't buy it again because I didn't like the flavor.

ERica

I do like the Caramel Delight but find it is too sweet on its own so I eat it mixed with my Cheerios - 2/3 c. Cheerios to 1/3 c. Fiber One. I have always loved Cheerios but they don't have as much fiber as I would like and the Caramel Delight is too sweet on its own.

I only eat cereal on Saturdays after my long run so I usually eat about 2 cups of cereal at a time. I LOVE Saturdays!

I really like this cereal. Yes, it's sweet enough to mix with something like Cheerios.

It's actually sweet enough that if I'm craving sugar, I'll use it for a "healthy" sugar-fix.

It's funny you should mention this.....we got little sample boxes of this and the multigrain Cheerios with our Sunday paper this morning!:)

I've never tried Caramel Delight, but love the Honey Cluster flavor. I think it might be a few less calories/sugar...so yummy:9

Trish

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.