Fellow Cathletes - New Workout Details Please!!!!!!!!!

Trixoo

Cathlete
Hi Everybody-

Like the rest of you, I've been anxiously awaiting the new workouts. I was so disappointed as the ship date was delayed, because I knew I had to have surgery October 17th and I began to realize the dvds were not going to make it to me before my surgery date...AGAIN! Believe it or not, the exact same thing happened to me last year! It will be 10-12 weeks before I can probably attempt one of these.

I bought the DVDs and downloads, but won't bother with my downloads so the rest of you who CAN workout can get them a nanosecond sooner (hey, that nanosecond can make the difference in not exploding with anticipation!).

Anyway, I'm just writing to encourage those of you who are lucky enough to be able to do one of the workouts to let the rest of us (okay, ME!) know how you like them...are they as challenging as you expected? Anything you would compare them to? Details please! :)

Thanks for sharing with a fellow Cathelete...can't wait until I can do these workouts!

Trix

Afterburn

I did Afterburn today. It's a great workout. I think it's actually harder than Cardio Core Circuit....but different too. It's 10 intervals with 2 exercises that you do twice through. One of the exercises is usually no weights, and the other one involves weights or resistance (the disks). It's a great workout, the gliding disk exercises are amazing...yet hard, core is constantly being workout throughout this workout. I love that Cathe tells you the weights that she uses, she does uses the dixie cups too in this workout. It was fun, hard, and what you expect from Cathe. Can't wait to do this one again. but I think I will do CycleMax next.

I was sweating a lot, and felt completely worked by the end. You will love it...everyone will love it!!

thank you for sharing

Thank you for taking the time share.....now get busy and do some more and tell us everything!!!!!

Thank You so much for the review. I am excited because I learned to surf this summer and engaging my core all winter using Cathe workouts is exactly what I need. Peggy

I posted on another thread that I did the turbo barre workout. It hit every muscle group, not just legs. I think my triceps are shaking the worse. It was a long workout, but went really fast. Cathe constantly changed things up so I didnt ever get bored. I really didn't break a sweat but I have a feeling that I will be a bit sore tomorrow.

YAY!! YAY!! It's download DAY!!

I'm so excited to hear some great reviews (though I never expected anything else with Cathe)!! Today is a planned rest day and I'm downloading the workouts now and look forward to doing one tomorrow morning! YAY!! (Hopefully I have the right cord/plug since I'm a Cathe download-to-TV newbie.)

Thank you jdimascio and valdavis (hope I got those spellings right)... This was exactly the detail I was looking for...I'm so excited to hear that once again Cathe has delivered a real challenge...hard to believe there's a low impact workout as challenging as CCC! oh, and as an avid spinner, I can't wait to hear how you like cycle max. :)

Seriously, thanks again for sharing and letting me work out vicariously through you!

Pam

I did Low Impact Challenge today. And a challenge it was.

There was some new choreography as always and I used the rewind button quite a bit :eek: I even did the challenge section a second time because I was getting it. :eek: It's going to be total fun to do next time that I know it a little better. It gets you good too. What I didn't expect was the blast at the end (Cathe must have been thinking to burn a bit more fat with that portion :p). I'd redone the challenge too much and ran out of steam. I'm gonna have to take my vitamins first next time. :D I thought it would be the easiest one and I was mistaken (Cathe even managed to throw in a couple push ups ;) )!

I'll be reaching for this one again. And soon!

Thanks Helened! I'll bet Cathe will be glad to hear she wiped you out with the video you thought would be less challenging! :)

Trixoo

I previewed 3 so far and did some turbo barre while I previewed, (I'm doing STS and did Disc#7 yesterday so I am a little fried already :) ). Anyhoo I couldn't be more pleased with what I saw and did!!! These are excellent!! I give these two thumbs up...way up!!! These are a great addition to my fitness library! Cathe's at her best and the girls look lovely as they work... and make us work very hard. Thank-you Cathe and Crew for the truly excellent workouts. I will be doing these for years to come :).

Downloaded everything yesterday and previewed a couple of them. Because I work on weekends, I won't get to try them out for real until tomorrow. Can't wait!

Athletic training

Just completed athletic training and it was another excellent workout. Now, I will mention that I did the barre workout yesterday and doing this one today probably wasn't the brightest choice I have had.
It starts out with cardio that had me totally sucking wind. My joints might have thought I was their new best friend but I couldn't hear them over my heart de-friending me on face book.
Just like the barre workout, this one moved quickly from exercise to exercise. Lately I have had exercise ADD, and this is just what I need.
The use of the tubing was a fun change of pace. I don't have the official sliders as of yet, just my furniture ones, but they worked just fine. I cant wait to try another one of the workouts.

It's a beautiful day at my house and I was planning on doing some paddle boarding today, but I think I will skip that one. That bay water is a bit too chilly and I have a feeling my wiggly muscles would fail me.

Just completed athletic training and it was another excellent workout. Now, I will mention that I did the barre workout yesterday and doing this one today probably wasn't the brightest choice I have had.
It starts out with cardio that had me totally sucking wind. My joints might have thought I was their new best friend but I couldn't hear them over my heart de-friending me on face book.
Just like the barre workout, this one moved quickly from exercise to exercise. Lately I have had exercise ADD, and this is just what I need.
The use of the tubing was a fun change of pace. I don't have the official sliders as of yet, just my furniture ones, but they worked just fine. I cant wait to try another one of the workouts.

It's a beautiful day at my house and I was planning on doing some paddle boarding today, but I think I will skip that one. That bay water is a bit too chilly and I have a feeling my wiggly muscles would fail me.

LOL!! :D Great review!

Love hearing about the new workouts. I hope the reviews keep coming to hold me over until next week when mine arrive!

valdavis said:

Thanks valdavis! Hope your muscles feel better!

Trixoo

Turbobarre.... OMG, can we say butt punch?:eek: I love this workout!!! I can't believe how fast the time flew by. It doesn't feel like a 90 minute workout. I love the entire workout and the ab work was fantastic! I love the oblique work with the bands.:cool:

fit44 said:
Turbobarre.... OMG, can we say butt punch?:eek: I love this workout!!! I can't believe how fast the time flew by. It doesn't feel like a 90 minute workout. I love the entire workout and the ab work was fantastic! I love the oblique work with the bands.:cool:

Can't wait for this one!!!!! Thanks for the review. (ok..... back to stalking the mailman :eek: .........)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.