Feedback on 2-in-1 Medicine Ball and Kettlebell ?

laketime

Cathlete
I am interested in receiving feedback from anyone who has ordered Cathe's 2-in-1 Power Medicine Ball and Kettlebell. I want to get a couple medicine balls, and thought this combo product would be good (so that I could try out kettlebells at some point). Also, which sizes are used the most... I'm thinking 6 & 8lbs?

Thanks.
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I'm an avid kettlebell user, and honestly, these 2-in-1's are nothing like real kettlebells. They are a medicine ball with a handle. Actual kettlebells are weighted differently and made out of steel. Everything about kettlebell training would be different using one of these. That being said, I think they are great if you're going to use them as a med ball. I'd suggest going heavier than 6-8 lbs., as you will be surprised at how quickly your strength increases.

If you decide to try kettlebells at some point, please invest in an actual kettlebell. Start with a 15 lb. bell and some solid instructional dvds. You'll love it!

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback. I may go ahead and order one just as a med ball. I'll look separately at the kettlebells.

Thanks again,
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.