Fashion Show, Miami Social & Hung

LauraMax

Cathlete
I know, sounds like a Hugh Hefner vacation, doesn't it? :p Anyway, in my neverending search for bad TV............................

OK so first off, who do you think will win Fashion Show? I'm super impressed w/Daniella, the girl hasn't even had a job in the industry yet & she's kicking butt. Some of her clothes have been really beautiful. But in last week's show I have to admit I liked Anna's collection better. I wouldn't have worn anything in Daniella's, but I would wear almost anything in Anna's. I was actually gonna vote but I was too torn to decide.

Certainly one thing I've learned from this show is that I am clueless when it comes to fashion. Every designer who's made something I liked has been sent home. Everyone who wins makes stuff I cannot even imagine wearing. ;)

Second, anyone watching Miami Social? I was kind of looking forward to it, thought it'd be a Miami version of Real Housewives (ATL starting in a few weeks, BTW!). I couldn't make it through the first 5 minutes. It was just too contrived. The characters were too aware they were on camera, & it was almost like they were trying to act & doing a terrible job w/it.

Finally--Hung. I find the show's topic repellent, but it's getting great reviews. Anyone have any opinions?

I liked your quote - "Never ending search for bad T.V." . . LOL! That is exactly what my husband calls it. Never mind that he watches really bad movies!

I have not watched Fashion Show but twice so I can't make a comment on this.

Hung - I drew the line on this one. Not that I am a prude but you stated it well with the word "repellent".

Miami Social - I was excited to watch it but have been so busy with sports son that I have yet to see an episode. Now I want to watch it so I will catch it on rerun.

Thanks for the heads up on HW-ATL. Did you read where Bethanny is not coming back to HW-NYC? And that Countess and Jill are making some pretty heavy contract demands and they are looking for replacements. I loved Jill but I can see where she would do this. Kelly is the only one resigned right now - ick.

I know you watch Tudors, do you also watch Weeds or Nurse Jackie? I just started and they are hilarious. Sick - I know.

I know, sounds like a Hugh Hefner vacation, doesn't it? :p

LOL!!! You crack me up...

I've been impressed w/Daniella too, but like you said, I liked Anna's collection a lot. Who cares whether it was "cohesive"? Her clothes were cute and wearable. So probably John Paul (or whatever his name is) will win! I liked this show but I still like Project Runway more. I hope it's still good now that it's moving to Lifetime. Gotta love that Bravo... Can't wait for Real Housewives ATL. Wonder if the train wreck blonde is still pursuing a "singing" career? LOL

I also started to watch Miami Social but couldn't handle it. I love my reality tv but had to draw the line at this one!

I saw the Hung guy and his "pimp" on the View the other day but haven't watched the show. Sounds pretty bizarre.

Kelly is the only one resigned right now - ick.

EEK...Kelly's the only one I couldn't stand!

I tried Nurse Jackie and couldn't get into it. I guess I loved Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano so much that I can't get into her as this character. Should I give it another try?

Edie is good but supporting cast is what makes it! Give it another *shot*!

And yes - where is that ALBUM from the blond trainwreck and big daddy!

Denise, ITA about Project Runway. I liked the challenges better--I think they gave the designers more of a chance to showcase their talent. Plus they have Tim Gunn. I LOVE Tim. I want him as my roommate or brother or something. :)

Bethenny's not coming back????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I guess her career has really taken off. Funny how Kelly doesn't bother me as much anymore after watching that nutcase Danielle on RHNJ. I'm pretty sure Jill, Alex & Ramona will be back. They have much marketing to do. ;) I'm really wondering about the NJ housewives. I cannot imagine them coming back after what their family went through on national TV. :eek:

Baylian, you didn't hear Big Daddy dumped Kim? I wonder who's supporting her now.........

I did NOT hear about Kim getting dumped!

What do you think the contract are like that they sign! Maybe that is what is keeping her afloat. No new bling bling Caddy this year. Althought - there is somone stupid and rich who would want her on their arm. I feel for her kids.

Bethanny is apparently busy with her Skinny Girls things and upcoming nuptials! Too bad - that wedding would be a hoot to watch on the show. Would have to be a two-part show just to grasp the drama of it all.

I did NOT hear about Kim getting dumped!

What do you think the contract are like that they sign! Maybe that is what is keeping her afloat. No new bling bling Caddy this year. Althought - there is somone stupid and rich who would want her on their arm. I feel for her kids.

Bethanny is apparently busy with her Skinny Girls things and upcoming nuptials! Too bad - that wedding would be a hoot to watch on the show. Would have to be a two-part show just to grasp the drama of it all.

<GASP> Bethenny is getting married! To who? I guess not A-Rod huh?

Good point about the contract. Somehow I forgot about that. I suppose it's pretty lucrative. Personally I could never figure out why people with so much money would be willing to air their dirty laundry so they could make more money.

Those huge bank accounts, & they make $10K a season! Holy crap! I don't think I would even let cameras follow me around for that kind of money.

So they want a 6 figure clothing allowance w/a $10K salary. Only in America! :D

Well I'm happy for Bethenny. She was starting to get a look of hungry desperation in her eyes LOL. Hopefully she'll have that baby & live happily ever after.

TV

I read on Perez Hilton's site (I think) that Bethenny is going to have her OWN reality show that follows her with her upcoming nuptials. I have NO idea who the groom is. Bethenny is bright. She's got so much going on with her cocktails, another book, & who knows what else. Strike while the iron is hot baby. Good for her! :cool:

Hung is actually kinda funny. I watch it. :)

I LOVE Weeds. Mary Louise Parker is an incredible actress. :D

RH-ATL.... never watched before but will probably tune in this time around. ;)

I really like Daniella and I voted for her. I agree that Anna is also a great designer, but I seem to gravitate more to Daniella's style than I do Anna's. I think The Fashion Show is good, but I do miss Project Runway. :) Just saw a tweet yesterday that mentioned Christian Siriano is teaming up with Starbucks on a holiday project. Good for him! :)

As for Ramona's & Jill's demands.... :rolleyes:

Haven't watched Miami Social.

Laura, I love Tim Gunn too! He'd be an awesome friend.

Baylian, thanks for the links. Now I'm upset because not only is Bethenny not returning, now Jeana isn't returning to the OC.:( She was always a nice person and a voice of reason. Apparently Bravo wanted more controversy,as it appears they dropped her instead of her quitting.

Glad to see the NJ ladies are returning. Even with all the drama of Danielle, etc, they all seemed so real and likeable. Loved Caroline.

I was surprised at the $10,00/season. I assumed they got a lot more, but the exposure they got for all of their business ventures was worth a lot, too. Now they want clothing allowances so they can be filmed during their day to day lives as real housewives...:confused:

Wow - my writing is really, really bad this morning. Not awake at all. Sorry about that!

They want 6 figure salaries PLUS hair, clothing, etc. allowances.

And what about Simon??????????????

Glad Bethenny's getting her own show! Love her.

Simon....OMG... he'll be wanting his own major clothing allowance for more sparkly red pants...

Jeana's not returning either? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why is it my favorite housewives are taking a walk? Why can't those slimebags Vicki and/or Tamra go? :mad:

OMG. What can I say about Simon. He has no fashion sense. He only has shock factor sense. ;)

I saw a few minutes of MIA, but I just couldn't really get into it. I saw the previews for DH-ATL but nothin' shakes a stick to DH-NJ. Of course I got into 4th and Long on Spike TV until they started showing it at 10:00 waaay pass my bedtime.

Denise - YES give Nurse Jackie another try. I have been up for the last couple of weeks due to one heck of a sinus infection - I won't go into details but I will say, I had a root canal done for nothing!!!

However, with having so many sleepless nights and not much on at 2 or 3 am, I decided to try Nurse Jackie. I watched all the episodes that night!!! Baylian is right, Edie Falco is great (but I did not watch the Sopranos), but the supporting cast is incredible!!!

LauraMax - you MUST try it also. From what I have read with about the TV shows you like, I really think you will love this show.

By the way - I did finally find my Who's Who from last year's Road Trip and you are exactly who I thought you were!

Just want to chime in and say that Nurse Jackie is must-see TV for DH and I. Great actors, the whole lot of them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.