Early Risers Check In

2tina72382

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I recently (like last night) committed to 30 days of early (6am) workouts. :D

I am NOT, SOOOOO NOT a morning person.

But, this changes today.

My FIRST 6am workout: Low Impact Sweat!

What Fun!! It did take me about 20 min to warm up an get going... but I think that will get better with time as I acclimate to my new workout time.

Would anyone like to join this check in? Perhaps other Catheletes that always dreamed of getting their workouts done for the day early?? :)

I'll join you, I do my workouts first thing in the morning before work and it does get easier with time. I am currently starting my second week of ICE/RWH and today was Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2. I was going to switch for Cardio 1 because I am new step workouts and they make me feel very uncoordinated because I just can't seem to get the moves right like Cathe and crew. Hopefully I will get better at that.

I'll join you, I do my workouts first thing in the morning before work and it does get easier with time. I am currently starting my second week of ICE/RWH and today was Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2. I was going to switch for Cardio 1 because I am new step workouts and they make me feel very uncoordinated because I just can't seem to get the moves right like Cathe and crew. Hopefully I will get better at that.
Glad you can join me! Tomorrow is To the Mat! Bright and early. :)

This morning was RWH - Lower Body - first time doing this one. Loved the weight parts, but still feel very uncoordinated with the step. I go left, they go right - just really not a fan of step workouts but I am going to keep trying.

This morning was RWH - Lower Body - first time doing this one. Loved the weight parts, but still feel very uncoordinated with the step. I go left, they go right - just really not a fan of step workouts but I am going to keep trying.
Yes, keep trying. It will click eventually! :)

My plan today was To The Mat- but I had a really rough night of (not) sleeping... so instead I did some yoga and stretch max. I still got up early and did something!

My plan today was To The Mat- but I had a really rough night of (not) sleeping... so instead I did some yoga and stretch max. I still got up early and did something!

Sorry you didn't sleep well, happens a lot with me and I do the same thing, normally light barre workouts or stretching.

This morning was actually easier. Except that when I woke up I said "I hate this!" But then proceeded to wake up and do ICE upper body. Felt good to get it done- and I've had tons of energy today so I feel like it's doing something. :)

I did RWH Upper Body which was a first for me, really enjoyed that one. I like getting my workouts done in the morning and that way when I come home from work I can relax after dinner. Believe me it gets easier the more your body gets used to getting up early.

I just started working out with Cathe's DVDs and so far like most of them - used to only do Beachbody workouts. I did On Demand for a while to try out some and that got me hooked. Made it through STS Meso 2, but honestly did not like the results I was getting so I decided to stop. I may go back to it, but I don't know. I like RWH because they are shorter workouts which work real well for me in the morning and so far goes really good with ICE.

It was giving me a bulkiness in my upper body that I didn't like, shirts were tighter on me, pants were tighter and I kept waiting to see if it would lean out, and in all fairness maybe I didn't give it enough time, but it just didn't make me feel good. I know everyone says that women can't bulk, etc. and maybe that is not the right word, but for me I don't like that look, for me, that is. I have seen great reviews so I think everyone reacts differently.

Candice- Did you take off yesterday, too?
Today was PHA training live. I loved this workout. So much fun and the time flew. I did it at 8am- which is still early on the weekend. lol

Yes, I've heard that about STS. I'm tring to lose some body fat before doing STS and get a strong foundation too. Maybe I'll start it in July or Aug.

I thought I posted, but guess not. Yesterday I did X-train low impact. I was supposed to do RWH Plyo, but that is the one disc that I don't have from the RWH set. This morning was ICE Boot Camp. I am liking that one more and more.

I haven't done PHA, but I no longer have the OnDemand - but I heard its good. Tomorrow is technically my "rest" day, but I normally doing some type of stretching program.

Maybe by July/Aug I will have lost some of the body fat also and will give STS a try again with you.

Great job this week!
My cousin got married last night. I had a few too many drinks (ummm 3 but I'm such a lightweight) so NO working out for me. Sleeping.
I do that about once every 5 years so... I don't feel too bad about it... except that I've been trying to watch what I eat and make better choices. I know this week will be better with that, no more weddings in sight.

Back to it tomorrow!

Sunday should be a rest day anyway and special times such as weddings only come around every so often, so its good to just enjoy and not worry about anything. I just did a stretch workout and then went mountain bike riding. We normally ride on Sundays so I consider that my workout.

Tomorrow starts week 3 of my RWH/ICE rotation.

You are right, I tend to take a rest day during the week because things get nutty with my kids schedules during the week (they are 4 and 7)
What are your fitness goals, Candice? I'm really liking to drop 5 pounds of fat and gain a pound or two of muscle.

My upper body trims out fast but my lower half is always an issue. I have a knee that bothers me very easily so I have to stick to more mat/barre/low impact workouts for legs. However, I'm really aware of what bothers that knee (it's really more of a muscular issue than a knee issue) so I'm trying to work through it and get the whole area stronger. My goals are to be consistent and build up my hip and leg strength for a couple of months (and hopefully drop some of the fat) and then hit STS and hopefully continue to build that lower body strength.
I'm glad you might consider doing STS with me! It'd be nice to have someone to do it with. I'm building out my home gym in the next few weeks (finally! after years of working out in my bedroom!) so that's really exciting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.