ear stapling

katzrkool

Someone I work with was mentioning ear stapling for weight loss. This sounds way too crazy. Has anyone ever done it?

Ear STAPLING?
Sounds painful, but it might not be that crazy.
Supposedly there is an accurpressure point on the earlobe that can help reduce appetite. But I've just heard of wearing something on the earlobe (not 'stapled' to the earlobe, more like bent around it?, or a bb taped on the earlobe) and squeezing it when you get the urge to eat when you don't really need to.

>Ear STAPLING?
>Sounds painful, but it might not be that crazy.
>Supposedly there is an accurpressure point on the earlobe that
>can help reduce appetite. But I've just heard of wearing
>something on the earlobe (not 'stapled' to the earlobe, more
>like bent around it?, or a bb taped on the earlobe) and
>squeezing it when you get the urge to eat when you don't
>really need to.

I've heard of the same thing as an aid to quit smoking - like a patch worn on the earlobe (not a nicotine patch). I wonder if there's a pressure point in that area that affects oral fixation.

>> I wonder
>if there's a pressure point in that area that affects oral
>fixation.

That could very well be. I'll try to remember to ask my acupuncturist about it next time I see him (which won't be till the beginning of next month, so I may forget!).

>I've got my staple gun. Who wants to go first? }(

Heck, I've already got 3 holes in my ear, what's another 2. Fire that bad boy up Beavs!

A good friend had it done about 20 years ago. It hurt something awful and she finally took the staples out herself, which hurt even more. It was one big staple, the kind accountants use to staple tax returns that are 50 pages thick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.