Dream Body Bikini Bootcamp

bethj

Cathlete
OK, my 2nd DB (original series) workout today, after taking one day off for foam rolling and yoga relax. This one is kickboxing. The title "Bikini Bootcamp" doesn't sound like a kickbox workout to me-I like Hard Strikes and KickMax titles better for that!
It had the traditional moves we all know and love, but did a lot more of combining upper and lower body moves which got my heart rate consistently higher. With Cathe she starts upper body, then lower body and my heart tends to fall on the upper body learning segment. There is a lot of high impact in this which, if you modify, significantly lowers the heart rate. I didn't think this workout had nearly the fun factor of a Cathe kickboxing workout, but I definitely sweated more. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I did lose 2 pounds after Barre!
After 40 minutes of kicking and punching you then go to the floor for 20 minutes of outer thigh and glute bridge work. I really like floor work and enjoyed this segment. there are some brief bicycle abs but overall this is a cardio and outer thigh/glute focus workout. I added on Med Ball abs afterwards and that worked well.
I had to slow down my player a couple of times to .8 speed to get some of the moves, but mostly it was quite doable at the regular pace. Not as frantic as the others look. Apparently I have yet to do the REAL hard ones-fusion mix and tabata + toning! I am feeling worked out all over and fairly tired, but I think that is the "shock" factor of doing something completely different. I think I'll wait till the end of the week to try the hard ones next!
Beth

This one is my favorite from the 1st series. I like it because it's not to frantic and I like the instructor. Some of the moves I change up since I think they are awkward but I still get a great workout.

I have to say that I'm just dying for Cathe's new ones!

Most people think Bikini Bootcamp is the easiest one in the (1st) series, but I actually find it really challenging. I sweat buckets during the 40 min of cardio, and the floorwork burns! I think it's just as hard as Tabata & Toning -- maybe even a bit harder!

I've previewed half of T and T and think it looks A LOT harder than Bikini Bootcamp! BB was actually semi-doable for me without a lot of modifications. But I've been doing KickMax the last 4 Mondays in a row and I think that conditioned me pretty well for this particular one.
I'm really looking forward to Cathe's new DVDs also! I think I've got that restless-can't wait feeling which made me order some new DVDs to tide me over! Hopefully these DVDs will get me in better shape for Cathe's new ones!
Beth

I was just looking at these total fitness and the 5 DVD fusion set looks really good....I too need something to rev my workouts....should I get this? Is it really totally worth it?

Mixed Feelings

Hi Tracey:
I have both DB Series (the first one and the Cardio one). I have to say they are ok not great. Like many people have said in other threads they are a bit frantic and some of the moves are awkward. I like the first series way way better than the 2nd one. In the first series I like Boot camp, Tabata & Tone and one other. I don't love them.

I think like someone else said I'm so desperate for Cathe's new ones that I just bought a bunch of stuff to hold me over! Got T25 (hate it) and both of these series. I've spent far to much money!
Not sure how helpful I've been.

Hi Tracey:
I have both DB Series (the first one and the Cardio one). I have to say they are ok not great. Like many people have said in other threads they are a bit frantic and some of the moves are awkward. I like the first series way way better than the 2nd one. In the first series I like Boot camp, Tabata & Tone and one other. I don't love them.

I think like someone else said I'm so desperate for Cathe's new ones that I just bought a bunch of stuff to hold me over! Got T25 (hate it) and both of these series. I've spent far to much money!

Curious, why do you prefer the 1st set to the 2nd? I own the 1st and the 2nd looks better to me based on the clips. I'd love to hear your thoughts (and save myself some money!) TIA.

Hi Tracey:

Thanks so much for the advice. It helped me make my decision. Right now I think I should stick with what I like and know which is Cathe, of course, and Horizontal conditioning....so I am going to get another new HC and hopefully that will give me the little push I want.

Curious, why do you prefer the 1st set to the 2nd? I own the 1st and the 2nd looks better to me based on the clips. I'd love to hear your thoughts (and save myself some money!) TIA.

I feel like the 2nd set doesn't flow from move to move very well. And it feels even more frantic and rushed than the 1st set. I feel like each DVD doesn't have any focus. Yes they are full body but almost nothing get's worked "to the max" so when I'm done I don't feel like any body part got enough...does that make sense. I do like the called Intensity in the 2nd series. And I will bet that these will be sold individually in the future as they were package individually and then put a larger box. I think they should sell the first set as individuals.

I know there are tons of folks that love these but for me they are just so so.

I hated the first set when I first got it, sold it, them decoded to require it. I'm glad I did. I'm liking these right now. I have the second set and I think they are both great. For me, the key with liking the set has been to practice them. Once you start learning the workouts you get better at the moves and can keep up better. They have a leaning curve. It's also important to go at your own pace until you get better at them. Trying to keep up right out of the gate will lead to frustration. These are TOUGH workouts and provide a new challenge for me as they are different then all my other workouts. I burn around 300-350 cals with the first set and 350-400 with the second set. The instructors don't shut up but I'm working so hard I don't notice that. They are pricey but so I would order from totalfitnessdvds.com so at least you can send them back for a refund if you don't like them.

I feel like the 2nd set doesn't flow from move to move very well. And it feels even more frantic and rushed than the 1st set. I feel like each DVD doesn't have any focus. Yes they are full body but almost nothing get's worked "to the max" so when I'm done I don't feel like any body part got enough...does that make sense. I do like the called Intensity in the 2nd series. And I will bet that these will be sold individually in the future as they were package individually and then put a larger box. I think they should sell the first set as individuals.

I know there are tons of folks that love these but for me they are just so so.

That makes perfect sense, thank you for the clarification! I do like how some of the dvds in the 1st set have a body focus part. For example, I did Bikini Bootcamp today and it did a number on my glutes! So if the second set is all over the place, that would not be an attraction for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.