Do I Really Need the Slide N Glide Discs?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I have had many questions asking my opinion on whether I think this new Low Impact Series can be done using paper plates or if I think you should get the Slide N Glide discs? Therefore I thought it would benefit everyone if I answered it publicly.

I am not a pushy salesperson type and I am always honest with you. So when it comes to your total safety, enjoyment and fullest workout experience, I have to say that if you don't already have the discs coming with your workout, I wholeheartedly suggest that you consider getting Slide N Glide Discs (or put them on your holiday wish list) for my Low Impact Series.

While you certainly can still do a good portion of many exercises with paper plates as a substitute, this series was created with the mindset of using our actual Slide n Glide discs to keep the workouts highly effective, highly intense and of course super safe. This most especially pertains to the actual Slide N Glide Workout DVD because this workout has you using both discs together simultaneously (for a much longer non-stop period of time to produce an intense cardiovascular workout). To keep your workout safe and effective the smoothest of workout surfaces is recommended. In my honest opinion, the workout will not be the same with a paper plate because you'll be wasting energy gripping your feet too tightly to keep the paper plate from getting out from under you. Also, your sliding texture/surface will not be slick enough to produce the intended effect and therefore could cause unnecessary/unwanted stress to the joints as you struggle to keep up.

The Slide N Glide disc will take all of that wasted effort out of your feet and ankles, reduce stress to the knees, and allow you to engage your glutes and quads for a much more powerful and intense workout. In fact your gliding surface will be so effortless that if you are used to the restriction of the paper plate, the disc will feel like a whole new exercise allowing you to go much deeper with your range of motion.

If you are new to using a disc I suggest you start out shallow in your range of motion until your body adapts to the deeper range of motion the disc allows for. Don't panic, this proprioception won't take long.

I'm glad that these are coming with the PreSales - I'd rather be safe than sorry! Do you think we'll see the Step Shox available here on your site, Cathe?

I spoke with Altus last week and customer service told me that both Amazon and Walmart had thier inventory wrong and they were suppose to be fixing it. The lady said give it till today and if it hasn't changed to call them back. I will call in the morning to get an update on these and let everyone know what I found out :)

Amazon is going to sell them? That's awesome! I was just about to order something from there, guess I'll wait until the discs are available!

I can't wait to get the discs because while I LOVE the gliding exercises that were in Lower Body Blast, the sound of paper plates scraping against my tile floors is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Do I Really Need the Slide N Glide Discs?

YES!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist!

Thank you for including them with our pre-order! Wheeeee!

Hi there,
I received mine with LIS when I ordered a few years ago but they don't seem to be sold here anymore. I do also have some gliders that I bought through mindy mylrea's site if you check out the section with her gliding dvd's and then click on the link there to take you to the site for the discs. IMO they are excellent and worth the $$. But I'm sure amazon may have something similar and maybe less $$?
Jamie

thank you! also I have the flooring that is a foam puzzle mat - I'm finding it hard to slide on that (i'm using some old discs) - was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem and what kind of disc they used. Thanks again!

thank you! also I have the flooring that is a foam puzzle mat - I'm finding it hard to slide on that (i'm using some old discs) - was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem and what kind of disc they used. Thanks again!

I have fitness flooring, it is hard to slide on it as well. Throw a rug or carpet remnant on the floor and slide on that. 5X8 works great.

Home Depot or Lowe's furniture sliders work great. For about $10 you can get all different sizes of furniture sliders. Be careful, they slide very easily. Like being on ice skates for the first time.

Last edited:
Glad I saw this post! Now that my DH is doing Cathe, I wanted to get a "back-up" set of gliding discs (just in case my precious Cathe sliders get damaged). I just ordered the "carpet" set of purple gliders from Power Systems for $14.95 plus shipping and tax:

I have the hard surface one from the same brand. Mindy's brand I think :-/?
it works fine with the black clothes I had from LIS pack.
It is a good brand:)

I tried using a frisbee I have to see how it worked , and for me it works without any problems.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.