Disc 17 legs...couldn't finish

Connie07

Cathlete
I'm so bummed! By the 3rd round of tri-sets I had to quit, my lower back was killing me! I finished rounds 1 &2 and the 3rd tri-set set in round 2 my lower back was getting a bit tight...I took a longer rest before starting round 3 of trisets, but during the first set my back was very uncomfortable, I was so tempted to finish (this was the last round of trisets for goodness sakes!) but was too afraid of injuring myself. I think its the paper plate exercises, I really struggle to keep my balance on these. I ended up doing a one legged squat instead but by then the pain in my lower back was just too much. I did the extended stretch and my lower back was feeling much better afterward. I still got a great workout but it really bugs me that I had to quit early!

Hey Connie,

Better to quit early than hurt yourself and not be able to continue to do STS....think of it that way.;)

Therese

Be Proud

Good morning Connie07,

Do not beat yourself up for not finishing the w/o. The important thing is you were wise enough to listen to your body; sometimes the strength and/or energy simply is not there. I hope your lower back feels better soon.

Thanks for the kind words ladies...I was really tired with no energy before I even started the workout. I"m fighting a cold and sinus infection. My lower back feels OK this morning....I"ll be "babying" it for awhile.

I think it's great that you respected your body. We all have days like this. I couldn't finish one of the Meso 1 leg workouts because I was simply exhausted that day, but there would not have been any point in forcing myself to finish, because the risks outweigh the benefits when you're tired/sick.

Take care of yourself.:)

Connie - I had the same issue with disc 12. My low back was so fatigued by the end. The funny thing is, this was the 2nd time doing that workout and did not have a problem the first time. So I think, you have strong days and some not so strong. Like others said better to back off and avoid injury than not be able to continue with the program.

Good luck
chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.