Disaster averted!

LauraMax

Cathlete
I swear, sometimes I am such a space cadet.

Last night after the gym I ran to the grocery store & then got home remarkably fast--made all the lights, didn't hit any traffic, & my 15 minute trip actually took about 10 minutes.

When I got home & went to unload my stuff I realized my pocketbook wasn't there! <gasp> That's right, my new Kate Spade! Not to mention my cell phone, wallet & checkbook were also in the purse (although I think the purse itself is worth more than all of those combined LOL).

So I burned rubber back to the grocery store--going maybe 60 in a 35 zone & hoping I'd get pulled over so the PO could call King's & ask them to find my stinking purse. Of course I hit every single red light & got behind ridiculously slow traffic. The whole time I'm talking to myself: "please let it be there, please let it be there" fully expecting someone found that beautiful bag & took it home.

I got back to the store literally 30 minutes after I left it & you know what? It was still sitting in the cart in the parking lot. WHEW!!!!! I could not believe it. How relieved was I? :p

I swear, sometimes I am such a space cadet.

Last night after the gym I ran to the grocery store & then got home remarkably fast--made all the lights, didn't hit any traffic, & my 15 minute trip actually took about 10 minutes.

When I got home & went to unload my stuff I realized my pocketbook wasn't there! <gasp> That's right, my new Kate Spade! Not to mention my cell phone, wallet & checkbook were also in the purse (although I think the purse itself is worth more than all of those combined LOL).

So I burned rubber back to the grocery store--going maybe 60 in a 35 zone & hoping I'd get pulled over so the PO could call King's & ask them to find my stinking purse. Of course I hit every single red light & got behind ridiculously slow traffic. The whole time I'm talking to myself: "please let it be there, please let it be there" fully expecting someone found that beautiful bag & took it home.

I got back to the store literally 30 minutes after I left it & you know what? It was still sitting in the cart in the parking lot. WHEW!!!!! I could not believe it. How relieved was I? :p

HOLY CRAP! You're post just had my heart beating as if I'D lost MY purse!

I'm soooooo glad it was still in the cart when you made it back. Someone was surely lookin' out for you last night!!

p.s. Wallet, cell phone, checkbook....all easily replaced. But I'd be darn near inconsolable if I'd lost my brand new KATE SPADE!! :D
Oh and you just got a new cell, right? Can you imagine if you'd just lost the new one? Luck was certainly on your side last night, girlie.....

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

HOLY CRAP! You're post just had my heart beating as if I'D lost MY purse!

I'm soooooo glad it was still in the cart when you made it back. Someone was surely lookin' out for you last night!!

p.s. Wallet, cell phone, checkbook....all easily replaced. But I'd be darn near inconsolable if I'd lost my brand new KATE SPADE!! :D
Oh and you just got a new cell, right? Can you imagine if you'd just lost the new one? Luck was certainly on your side last night, girlie.....

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Whew! That was a close one!

I recently did the same thing - left my wallet in the shopping cart, out in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I had a doctor's appointment, got to the office and realized my wallet was not with me. The receptionist very kindly called WM, and they said the wallet had been turned in. So I finished my appointment (they said they'd bill me since I had no $$), and I drove back across town to WM. The wallet seemed untouched - nothing missing, etc.

At least I didn't have a new fancy-schmancy Kate Spade!!

Whew! That was a close one!

I recently did the same thing - left my wallet in the shopping cart, out in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I had a doctor's appointment, got to the office and realized my wallet was not with me. The receptionist very kindly called WM, and they said the wallet had been turned in. So I finished my appointment (they said they'd bill me since I had no $$), and I drove back across town to WM. The wallet seemed untouched - nothing missing, etc.

At least I didn't have a new fancy-schmancy Kate Spade!!

Wow - that's a good heartwarming story.

I lost my wallet once. Just my wallet, pulled it out of my purse and left it in a restaurant.

It showed up at the Post Office a few days later -- someone stole the cash and then put it in a mailbox. The post-office contacted me after they looked inside and found my driver's license. The funny thing is, when I went to retrieve it --they asked me to show ID. :) (I was like, that is kind of difficult considering you're holding it! har har!)

Michelle

Wow - that's a good heartwarming story.

I lost my wallet once. Just my wallet, pulled it out of my purse and left it in a restaurant.

It showed up at the Post Office a few days later -- someone stole the cash and then put it in a mailbox. The post-office contacted me after they looked inside and found my driver's license. The funny thing is, when I went to retrieve it --they asked me to show ID. :) (I was like, that is kind of difficult considering you're holding it! har har!)

Michelle

LOL Michelle! I was in a similary conundrum--I was dying to call the store but couldn't b/c my phone was in my purse.

Well, it appears I'm not the only one who's done this. I feel a little better but still, you'd think w/an investment like that I'd be a little more careful. On the drive back there I was trying to figure out which of my insurance companies I could convince to cover the loss.

Allison, do you have purse envy? :+ Yes I was very lucky. I was starting to think Murphy decided to stop visiting & moved in for good, but maybe he's on vacation this week. }( My first thought was OMG, could my luck get any worse? And when I found it there I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. :)

LOL Michelle! I was in a similary conundrum--I was dying to call the store but couldn't b/c my phone was in my purse.

Well, it appears I'm not the only one who's done this. I feel a little better but still, you'd think w/an investment like that I'd be a little more careful. On the drive back there I was trying to figure out which of my insurance companies I could convince to cover the loss.

Allison, do you have purse envy? :+ Yes I was very lucky. I was starting to think Murphy decided to stop visiting & moved in for good, but maybe he's on vacation this week. }( My first thought was OMG, could my luck get any worse? And when I found it there I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. :)

So glad everything turned out well. I was on pins and needles reading to the end. You are one lucky person.

My mom once got home and looked on top of her car and there was her purse. She lives 5 miles from town and some how the thing just sat there and didn't fall off.

Jean

Been there, done that. I got home from food shopping once and the store called me about three minutes later to say that someone had handed in my purse, wallet, etc., because I had left it in my cart. THANK GOD there are nice people in the world that return things and/or leave them be!

No kidding! These are great stories! :7

I wonder if someone would turn in a Kate. I must confess I'd be sorely tempted to keep it. I'd probably end up turning it in b/c I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, but nevertheless.......

Christine, you need to call me!!!!!! I have phone service again! :p

Wow. That is great!

I left my wallet at the check out back in February. My very favorite wallet... looked forever and a day to find it.

Anyhow, I get home and realize it and return to the store about 30 minutes later. Of course it was gone.

So catch this... the next morning, I get a call from the Greeter at the local WalMart saying "We have your wallet if you'd like to come get it". DO WHAT??

Of course, the cash was gone, I'd already cancelled my CC's and they took a store credit and my Starbucks card BUT I got my favorite wallet back. And I had registered my starbucks card so they were kind enough to transfer my balance to a new card and cancel the one that was gone.
:)

I'm not sure who forgot this, but last night in the grocery store parking lot, right in the middle of a space, was a toilet!!!

Oh my Lord! I'm a Coach girl myself. I don't think they are as pricey as Kate Spades but I think I would cry a river if I ever left a purse somewhere like that! You have someone watchin' over you girl! If you don't go to Church, you need to start!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.