Did I Just Hear the STS Theme?

thebrain

Cathlete
Okay....I am sitting here and the TV is on to TBS...and a commercial for...I think...an upcoming reality show called "The Wedding" or something like that...and I had to quiet everyone down because...wait, wait...yes...I think it might be...yes it IS...the theme music to STS...you know, the one that comes on when you first pop the disc in the player. What the heck?!?

Aimee

Apparently it is not unique to STS. Shortly after the election I heard it before a Presidential address. It took me a second to recognize it and then I said "that's the STS theme" DH was like "what?" I told him never mind :D

i havent herd it elsewhere but i love that music!
always gets me pumped up to wo!
my girls love it too! lol! theyll come running from the next rm to watch when that song is playing!!:D

Presidential address I can see...that music is very expressive of power! But a wedding reality show? Yeesh. Anyway, I thought that all the STS music was created especially for the program. No biggie.

Aimee

This is kind of off-topic, but today while we were working out DH joked that there should be a Guitar Hero for Cathe music....then he started playing air guitar to the STS theme! Too funny! :D

Apparently it is not unique to STS. Shortly after the election I heard it before a Presidential address. It took me a second to recognize it and then I said "that's the STS theme" DH was like "what?" I told him never mind :D

My daughter has always said it sounds like it should be the introduction to a political commentary show.

Are they selling it commercially now, I wonder? I, too, thought it was all orchestrated specifically for STS. Maybe just for the workouts themselves.

I wonder if the intro music was specific to STS. I know all the other music is. But maybe the intro isn't??

It DOES sounds like the into to "Meet the Press"....can't believe I never made that connection before. Although, I have to admit I don't watch it as faithfully as did before Time Russert passed away.....sniff, sniff!

Aimee

I haven't heard the STS intro on TV, however, I did see Denise from the STS crew on a commercial. It was really weird...:confused:

The commercial was for one of those companies where you mail in your gold and they mail you back a check. At first I thought "that can't be her". Then the commercial was on again like 10 minutes later and I realized that it was definetly her.

So, she must be an actress?!?!

I haven't heard the STS intro on TV, however, I did see Denise from the STS crew on a commercial. It was really weird...:confused:

The commercial was for one of those companies where you mail in your gold and they mail you back a check. At first I thought "that can't be her". Then the commercial was on again like 10 minutes later and I realized that it was definetly her.

I am not sure I would have recognized her. I think the "new crew" are fitness models. But I am sure they do other things too. I know Deazie was in a firm video. I guess we could see any of them pop up anywhere.

I've heard the STS title theme on MSNBC, NBC and I think CNN. I thought it was specifically for STS as well. I wonder if the composers retain the rights to the music so they can sell it to others or if it is purchased outright by Cathe for the project.

I've heard it to - I think it was before a Presidential Address, as well. MSNBC or NBC I believe. Totally surprised me and made me laugh.

I am a New York Sports Club member and she is in a print add for them that is everywhere on their walls and in the little ads near the cardio machines.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.