Dedicating today's cardio to my Brother-in-law :(

Nanbo

Cathlete
My brother-in-law was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis back in August. He was a Vietnam Vet and was exposed to many respiratory hazards including Agent Orange. He's been on oxygen since September and has been in the ICU a few times. He was finally able to come home and stay home with hospice help in February. This was an amazingly active guy who loved physical activity from skiing to ice ax mountain climbing down in South America. Needless to say, as the years went on and it became more difficult for him to be active he fell out of condition. These last few months have been very tough to watch, but he remained upbeat and said he had a great life...he was grateful for everything he got and said he was lucky to have found my sister, his wife of almost 40 years. Theirs was a truly magical romance.

Sadly, he passed away yesterday.

Today I'm going to hit the hiking trails and huff and puff and exert myself...all dedicated to a charismatic, loving, dynamic man that I will miss terribly. Please give your lungs a good Cathe workout and take some deep breaths for those who can't.

So sorry for your loss. My husband just lost his brother-in-law 2 weeks ago to cancer and was with hospice during the last month of his life. They were wonderful to him and the family. I'll have you and your family in my thoughts today as I workout today too.

Today I'm going to hit the hiking trails and huff and puff and exert myself...all dedicated to a charismatic, loving, dynamic man that I will miss terribly. Please give your lungs a good Cathe workout and take some deep breaths for those who can't.

"Take some deep breaths for those who can't..." What a lovely tribute to your brother-in-law. Prayers and condolences to your family, most especially your sister as she grieves the loss of her soulmate.

Lisa

This is why I never take my health for granted. I try not to whine when I'm out of breath doing cardio, I don't mind parking at a point far away from a store entrance, and I take the stairs even when I don't feel like it. It's because I can that I do and I know people who can't would give so much to be able to. I'm sorry for what your family is going through. We should all be blessed.

Nancy,

I am sorry for your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Your loved one sounds like he was an amazing person, cherish the memories.

I am so sorry for your loss and your sisters loss! Praying for his family and yours. Losing people you are close to is so hard. It is hard understanding y and how one minute someone is here and the next the are not. I have a hard time with it myself so my heart goes out to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.