DaMaGe CoNtRoL on a Slow Sunday

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
Hello Ladies !

Well yesterday was productive but rather boring - not much exciting today either. I am using the laptop from work that I borrowed to take on my trip and me thinks me likey ! Saw some at Staples last weekend and the cost is not too bad. Perhaps I'll get one when my raise is decided? Then to keep DH off of it so it won't bomb will be difficult. I can see it now . . . I'd never get to use it !:rolleyes:

Today's workout should be a 30 min interval run - that might be a better one for Tues AM at the hotel so may switch it up with the 30/30 that is scheduled for that day. On the other hand . . . may do a little extra just since I have the time now with not much scheduled for my day today.

Diana - how did your day end up? Hair appt go well? Workout done? Your pics are great ! So why was DH missing? I adored all the groups but really loved the one with all your kids & the girls! Sweet for sure !

Laura - yayayayayayayay for a great start to your week. Hope today goes well for you also ! You taking off today or are you already not too far from me now? Darn I wish I could hop on over. That would be such a great place for us all to me someday . . .

So Wendy and Jen seem to be living it up . . . looks beautiful where they are staying !

Have a great Sunday ladies - probably BBL

Hi Ladies,

Hate to say it...but no workout to report for yesterday. My hair appt was at noon, laundry, grocery shopping, dinner. Tonight I'm going to my sisters for a candle party.

I have 2 more Insanity w/o's before I start my rest week. The rest week is 5 or 6 days of core cardio and balance. Maybe I will keep my Insanity going in morning and run at lunch. I also want to throw some Cathe circuits into the rest week. The weekday runs are up to 6 miles, many are shorter intervals etc. I'm really noticing a difference with Insanity and am not ready to give it up. I tried on a pair of jeans that I've never been able to wear...still have the tags on...and they fit! My weight has only changed about 3#'s.

Jacque-DH wasn't in the pics because he was home with gout.:mad: He knows I'm very disappointed about that. Hope you find a laptop you like. I have a dell...a little over a year old and it works like a champ. I've had a gateway and an IBM and they were great also.

Laura-When do you leave for Vegas??? Did you check out the BH rotation that Wendy sent? Looks pretty good. Have a great time on vacation....hope you come back with heavy pockets!:D

bbl

Quickie peeksie - just finished washing the company car that I'm using for the trip - we didn't have the overcast as long today so needed to get out there while the sun wasn't too hot - still got spots. :mad:

Need to hit a few chores - thinking I'll workout later . . . doesn't always work but I'll try hard.

Diana - wow that gout has caused quite a few inconveniences for all of you. Is it getting better yet?

WOO HOO GIRL ! New pants ! My weight hasn't changed but a # or 2 but am noticing less fluff and the upper thigh is not as jiggly or large ! Now you got me wanting to do Insanity . . . but last time for me my back got bad. Could have been the workload . . . but now it isn't much better so I've been chicken to try it. Perhaps I'll toss in a few here and there? Hmmmmmmm :confused:

Have a great time at the candle party - I love those things. Which one is it?

Well, off to clean up the bird feathers which the 'big girl' has dispersed all over the house with her flapping last night ! :eek:

Back later with a workout to report (at least that is my plan !)

Hey Jacque-guess it's just the two of us. I just finished up GS Back, Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. The jeans are Lucky's I bought at Costco many moons ago. I bought 2 pair, one fits beautifully, the other were too tight in the thighs. After looking at them closer, the ones that fit are mid rise, the too tight ones are lowrise. They are still a tad tight...but not like before. The last gout attack was before the cellulitis...I'm just very frustrated. Maybe he wouldn't have all these problems if he took care of himself. So much for any savings on changing our insurance, his hospital stay is costing us $750 on his plan, instead of the $125 on my plan. My sister is have a partylite candle party. Can't really afford to buy anything, maybe I will find something for MIL's upcoming birthday. Hope you get your w/o in today!~

Hi Diana,

I figured it would be sparse here today . . .

Yeppers, Lucky jeans it is for both of us. Know we discussed the mid-rise as being the best fit for the two of use. I know I have three pairs and they all seem to be different. DH loves one pair that is "bleached" on the thighs that fit best in the rear section! :p Another pair I have is shorter in length but feel the best for me. Haven't been over to the outlet store in town to see what they have yet. Did notice that Costco does not carry Lucky any longer and guess it is because we have the outlet now.

No workout yet . . . cleaned floors and read a corp book "Corporate Confidentiality = What it really takes to get to the top" from a 2 day HR symposium I went to a couple years ago. (Signed by the author no less!) Now that I am part of the "Lead Team" I figured I'd better get there ! ;) Left me with a few ideas to bring to the Lead Team meeting week after next. What do you think . . .

Most of the second tier is female - pretty much how the book is written - thinking that I'd approach the Lead Team as the HR/mid manager and start an interactive group to figure out how we can make the company better from our "level". It would be predominately female but we have a couple males here that could benefit also. Thinking along the lines of "we're not at the top but we can make a big difference by being just underneath the top".

We could strategize (I have the confidence of most of them), be a sounding board, bring our issues to the table and go from there. It would have to be "pinky swear" that no names our issues would be divulged either upward or downward.

The workshops we just held were how to hire "A" player and how to keep them - to tailgate that workshop will be "How to motivate and coach your A players". We have many B/C players in our company (reminds me of you having to take control of the other dept to make it work . . . ) and after the two sessions we held, the lightbulbs appeared in a few of our managers that they have people in the company that are not "A" players. We have lacked training (bad score for management) and need to weed out those who are not top notch to get the job done. I've had a couple calls to help figure out how to work with the "non-A" players and am thinking this might be a great way to make us "middle-folks" feel like a group. Mind you . . . we are spread throughout 5 different locations from our site (Gilroy) down to the tip of CA (San Diego) so much of it would be via telephone. A few of us could 'converge' at one place and then have a conference call.

What do you think ? ? ?

Anywhoooo . . . the grays should almost be 'switched' to browns' and I need to go wash and condition . . . ;) Feel like a workout so will see . . . just p#**#@ off DH I'm sure with a few beer induced comments so . . .

TG he is a mellow person - would never survive with me if he wasn't ! :rolleyes: :eek:

Not sure if I'll be back - heading south in the AM but am planning on an early rising and workout first ! Car is washed and gassed up . . .

Ciao to all who get here - enjoy !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.