Damage Control January!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Happy New Year Ladies!!!

I copied/pasted LL and Missy's post from the December thread.

This morning I've printed out 2015 calendars for each month. This is what I track my w/o's on. I have them back for probably 10 years and should purge. It's just a nice reminder of how much I've done!

Today will be GS C&T and probably the next BR w/o. The rest of the day will be spent cleaning up my girls room and working on my filing and organizing my file cabinet for the new year.

LL
-If I miss a w/o, I just to that on my next w/o day. You may get behind, but you get in all the w/o's. I'm sure it's just challenging with kids being on break and all. Things will fall back into place when you get back into your normal routine.

Missy-
Great job with LIC and STS! Keep up the good work. So glad you are able to get back stepping!

Happy New Year everyone! I've really made a pig it f myself today!! We had so much food for our party and so many sweets! I'm stuffed to the brim!

I never got in XTrain Legs here. So what do you all do in a rotation when you miss a day? I have skipped and I have kept moving. when I skip I feel guilty, when I move on I feel behind and eventually I feel somewhat defeated. I can hope that I don't skip any and can just not have Sunday rest day. Then I'll be back on track. I'm not sure what I will be able to do, hopefully I can do legs as it's not too bad but only Hubby and Little K have gone to bed. Well, I'm sitting outside of Little K's room because he woke up...so I missed out on my turn of Make N Break! Love that game. I don't think we ar going to get to Flash or Qbits, they are really fun fast paced games!

Diana, I have Accountable Kids and it worked well for a few years, but lately I think it has become too much. They did help a lot today though! They picked up the basement and their own rooms. I vacuumed everywhere, we have wall to wall carpeting except for the front hall, powder room and kitchen. And so technically we have 3.5 baths. The people before use finished their basement and put in a full bath down there which is really cool but not constructed well. So we can't put a lot of tp in there in fear of clogging it. I also got all the bathrooms cleaned except my shower and soaking tub (leaking so we can't use it anyway :( ). Our shower needs serious help in the cleaning dept.

(hours gone by)

4:30 I guess I should go to bed!! Up talking with cousins! Well, Hubby's cousin, but I don't really have much contact with my cousins so they are it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LadyLep, Today at 2:27 AM

Happy New Year all!

Yesterday I did STS legs, #3. Then the bonus portion of Low Impact Challenge. Both I broke into small pieces.

I've had a bit of soreness on two muscles on the side of my left knee. I didn't know I had muscles there. It's not a tendon thing and it's not debilitating, but at the end of the day yesterday I was pretty worn out. I think I probably shouldn't have done the LIC, at least completely. Granted I give myself 5 minute breaks every 10 minutes.

I have a medical condition that made it impossible for me to do step workouts for like 5 years simply because of my balance. I couldn't walk in heels, I couldn't hike, and I was very unsure of my footing. This year, things are different and I am thrilled to be able to do the choreography on the step with no hesitation. It is such a blessing!

So today it is STS #2 chest and back.
Missy Hiett, 45 minutes ago

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this Diana!! No wo in for me -yet- our cousins with the 7 kids are just about to leave and I am oping I can get on it as soon as they do!

Hi Ladies,

I just finished GS C&T and BR day 24. My shoulders are so sore and I had to drop my 40# barbell to 35# for BR. I previewed the day 1 of Bodyrock Lean but it starts with shoulders & back. That's not doable for a couple days. Tomorrow will be a straight cardio w/o.

I'm so sick of the snow and cold...another 1-3 inches for today. This weather is really impacting my Saturday 10K. I'm a fair weather runner and am not looking forward to running in the snow & cold. I only have running capris, no pants.

LL-enjoy you time visiting with family!

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Yesterday I did KM and GS leg floor work. I'm going to rename this combo Hamstring Blaster. It hurts to go up and down stairs. Today was a freezing 33 mile ride. It was only 19 degrees when we left. Garmin said it warmed up to 30 about an hour into our ride. We plan on going back out tomorrow. Great way to start out the new year. Last year the roads were too messy to go out, so this is a real treat. I wear two pairs of gloves when it gets this cold, so I ended up dropping my water bottle due to gripping issues. THIS is how badly I don't want to spin indoors. Saturday will be a planned day off and Sunday will be either a spin workout or lower body weights.

Diana, I don't blame you for not wanting to run on iffy roads. Will you bow out? We saw a few runners out this morning in shorts. Their legs were lobster red. I'm going to start STS on Monday and do the M/T/W rotation. Thursday will be a straight cardio, most likely kickboxing and Friday will be a circuit style or total body weight workout like MM or HR. I'll save the weekends for spinning or riding outside. I might go back to M/W/F STS on Meso 2, I might need longer spacing on the heavier weights.

Missy, you're really doing great with your workouts. Don't you love STS? Happy to hear your medical condition has cleared up. :)

Beth, where abouts in NH does your SIL live? We love it up north! It's such a beautiful area. You asked about the bike I ride. Currently I'm riding a Cannondale Cad 10. It isn't a very expensive bike, so I ride it in the winter months. It's also set up for night riding. In the summer I have a faster carbon fiber Cannondale Synapse, which was really expensive, but breaks down on me all the time. The tomboy in me loves them both, as there black and white with no girly scroll work on the tubes. This is the first winter in awhile we've been able to get good winter miles in (I think I just jinxed us). I think you have plumbing gremlins. We ususally get appliance gremlins, and they come in three's. :mad:

I joined the nutrition manager today, but my system isn't being compatable with it right now. I started off so good with my eating selection, and when I couldn't log in, I went and ate an ice cream cone. :confused:

Diana, thank you for starting a January thread. Yesterday I did day 2 of the rotation-HCUB. I am loving that workout! I felt a little stronger than Wed. Today is X train legs. LL, I do like Diana and just pick up a workout where I left off. Then, depending on what's coming up I might double up one day to get back on track. For example: if a shorter cardio is coming up I will do that and not take the rest day that week. Or I'll do a double like a shorter cardio and a weight workout. Once I get back to work next week I'll be finagling, I'm sure.

Tina, thanks for letting us know what bikes you ride. My SIL lives near Plymouth, NH-kind of in the middle of the state. I hope we don't have another (3rd) plumbing issue!

Good job everybody on your workouts! Diana, I definitely couldn't run in this weather! My nose would be about the only body part running! Maybe you could fast walk it and wear your winter outerwear? We're still trying to get out after dinner at night for our around the town digestive walk and started again last night since I feel better. I had to wear my boots. I got a new warm ear band for xmas and it really kept them warm! You sound super organized!

Missy, keep up the weights! Are you drinking lots of water? It sounds like lots of people here are doing STS to start the new year.

I have to go...the plumbers will be here in less than an hour!

Beth

Today we did 35 miles. It started off warmer than yesterday, but ended up colder. Weather man brought bad news for the next week, so we're done outside for awhile. We plan on doing some yoga and a family walk later. The poor dogs are begging for a jaunt.

Beth, I had to giggle thinking about my response to your innocent bike question. I went off like a crazy cat lady talking about her cats. We ride road bikes, I think was the answer you were looking for. If you saw our dinning room during cycle season, you would call us nutty. My DH has family in Plymouth, it's a beautiful town. HCUB is my favorite workout of the RWH series, I could do that one every week. Hope you're plumbing issue was an easy fix.

Have a great Friday! :)

Hi Ladies,

Back at work today and no workout to report. My cousin and I are picking up our race packets tonight. While we are there I'll probably pick up a pair of running shoes, and a headband/ear warmer for tomorrow. I have a knit ear warmer but the cold air gets right through it. Also, I ordered Max 30. Although, I'm strongly considering getting Bob Harper's Black Fire. If you aren't familiar with Bob Harpers w/o's, well lets just say they seem to start of easy and pretty soon you find yourself lowering the weights and sucking air. It looks like they are only available online through the daily burn website. I'm not sure I like having to pay a monthly fee and streaming them. I may give it a try since the w/o's are only 20 mins.

Tina-I love the GS Legs floor work, it really works my problem areas. The race is on a sidewalk which I'm sure they'll have clear for us. It's the cold temperatures that make me not want to do it. Meso 1 is doable since they don't run over an hour. So many w/o's, so little time. Is the nutrition manager working for you? I used for 1 yr several years ago. So far myfitness pal is working for me and I like that it also works with my fitbit.

Beth-my nose will definitely be running faster than I will! I'm definitely going to have to fit in HCUB, it seems to be a fan favorite. So are you following the January rotation, or one of the RWH rotations?

LL-were you able to fit in a workout? I just had to take the open package of chocolate chips out to the freezer in the garage....I cannot stay out of them when they are nearby...and open. I could honestly eat the whole bag. UGH.

Hi Missy, Laura and Jacque! bbl

I posted twice to the damage in dec thread, :( I will try to copy and paste them in when I can. But I did get in XTrain Legs yesterday and TTM today. Tomorrow I think it's RWH Circuit UB. Eating is better but not perfect. I will have dessert tonight and we will finish off the NYE brownies so they will be out of my sight!

I don't know if I told you all but I have been selling stuff to get Max30 and I'm up to $69 now!

Well, I did Xtrain Legs yesterday and am now dreading TTM! My legs are sore! I'll give it a go later. Toilet issue: nightmare-plumber(s) were here 4 times yesterday and this morning I heard the same noise. Maybe we just have to live with it? It's something to do with the plunger in the toilet. Glad I have Cathe to alleviate stress!

Tina-I could be a crazy cat lady! I only have one now but am itching to get another one....Thanks for clearing up the kind of bike question before I had to go look them up on the internet!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

My cousin and I completed our first race of the year. Oh my, it was a cold one for sure, 20 degrees. We had to run on snow/ice/black ice, it was pretty treacherous but we prevailed. Once I finish lunch and warm up I'll tackle the GS w/o. I kinda think it might be legs, if so...I'm doing BSB instead. My legs will need a break for sure.

I have to go weigh in with my coach tomorrow. It is the end of the Holiday Hold'em and Up the ante abs challenge, and the start of the 6 week weight loss challenge. The challenge starts on Jan 10th and runs through the end of February. I'm guessing my calories and protein will stay the same as my weight tends to stay within a 3lb range. My coach would like me to do 2 shakes/day and 1 meal. I prefer to get my nutrition from real food and not shakes. As long as I stay within my nutrition guidelines it should be fine. Currently it's 1400-1500 cals and 112-125g protein.

LL-Nice job with TTM and Xtrain Legs! TTM is a go to w/o for me. Plan dessert into your points or 21 day fix program, no worries!

Beth-sounds like you and LL are following the same rotation! Keep up the good work! Sorry the bathroom hasn't been fixed to your satisfaction. I hate household and car problems as they also happen at the worst possible time.

Missy-cross train express is an older Cathe Series. If I recall, as is they are basically a 30 minute cardio followed by 30 min weight. I loved the step routines in this series although I haven't done them in a very long time. They also have premixes and I recall liking the UB split. Here's the link if you are interested: http://shop.cathe.com/Cross_Train_Xpress_Exercise_DVD_p/300.htm

Time to hit the weights...bbl

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did RWH Circuit UB, tough but good. I can do all the pushups wo the leg up and knee up! But I can do all the butt kicks and most of the push up/jack/air jack combos! I kinda like those!

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report, just too busy getting ready for going back to work tomorrow. I finished cleaning up my girls room and putting away the Christmas remnants, filing, and grocery shopping. I'm also preparing my meals and getting my smoothies ready to go. I may make a couple today and freeze them to save some time. I'm doing a 30 day smoothie challenge through Young and Raw. You get a weekly email with shopping list and recipes for the week. I've done it several times. Also, if anyone is interested, I also do a 21 day fresh start vegetarian program. I can tell you more about it if anyone is interested. I'll be doing that in February.

I held my weight for the Holiday Hold'em so I got my entrance fee back!!!! I used that money for the next challenge. The Bob Harper Black Fire w/o's are really calling to me. They are only available online and it is $12.95/month and you get the 1st month free. The website (dailyburn.com) also has many other workouts too. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I like that it's portable, but I'm not sure about the streaming quality/speed etc.

LL-nice job with RWH UB. Perhaps I should start my week with that w/o since it's one I haven't done yet. Have you tried the lower impact hiit w/o's What do you think of them?

bbl

Quick update: squeezed in low impact 1 and abs 1!

Diana, I really like the low impact ones, fast!

LIHI Legs, complete!

My weight is way up! 174.2!! I'm starting my 21 days over, but part of me feels like since I don't have that "event" at the end as a motivator like I did with my reunion at the end of Nov, I'm not going to push myself. But I've gained back everything I've lost plus a few. :( I have my meals planned out for the week and no "special" plans for this month. The next "special" occasion is Little K's bday Feb 8, then Valentine's Day, then my bday March 5, then CDawg's bday March 14. Then Easter....and it goes on. So I feel like I need to get my wt down this month or I will really be in trouble!!

I did Low Impact Athletic workout yesterday, the whole thing with rests, and at the end of it my knee started to hurt. It's on the left side of my knee and it hurts when I rub it. I did a little yoga earlier, but I stopped when it hurt. I'm not sure if this is something to push through or stay off. I'm having pain going up and down the stairs.

I brought over Missy's last entry from the December thread. Missy, I hope your knee is feeling better. :)

I'm off my exact rotation, but I will get it done according to plan by the end of the week. Yesterday I sneaked in HCLB while DH was plowing, and then we did XT CSB and abs. Today was RK and tonight we'll do STS W1D3 legs. I did the bonus portion this morning, as DH finds them too girly to do. I stepped on the scale this morning for a starting reference and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I thought it would be worse, as I was really bad over the holidays.

Diana, congrats on finishing your race without falling. My boss fell on ice next to her car at work on Tuesday and broke her arm in two places. She was just casually walking into the building. I am being very cautious now! That's awesome you held your weight and got your money back! Woot woot! :)

LL, don't get hard on yourself. You are doing fantastic on your workouts and spring is slowly on the way. Be nice to yourself and start fresh today, no guilt talk. :)

Hi Ladies,

5:30 am came early for this girl. With the shorter w/o's I can still fit in an hour if I get up at 5:30 and have my w/o equipment prepped. This morning was my first time with HCUB! This sure is a fun one and I can see why everyone seems to love it. I did the premix with abs#1. It does move pretty fast and I had to rewind to catch the first couple reps of some of the exercises.

I signed up for the Spring Fitness Challenge (class) at one of the rec ctrs I go to. It's basically the same as the Holiday Meltdown class in the fall. It starts on the 19th, but I will miss that class as I'll be flying home from Oregon.

LL-thanks for the update on the LI w/o's. I may give thos a try this week. There will always be a birthday, holiday, celebration etc. In most cases those events only impact 1 meal of 1 day. Perhaps you should review your reason for wanting to lose weight. It shouldn't be for a particular ocassion. Then what happens when that occasion passes? Do it for you because you are worth it!! I agree with Tina-no guilt, today is a brand new day. :) Do the best you can each day, it's not about perfection...don't put so much stress on yourself.

Missy-Nice Job with Athletic Step!!! if it's the outside of your knee that hurts, it could be due to IT Band Sydrome-tight IT band. I have this and use a foam roller to help. The foam roller is pretty painful, but it definitely helps. You can see videos on youtube on how to foam roll the IT band. I do both side, but just the tight side is painful..the other side isn't.

Tina-you are getting in some great w/o's!! I really enjoyed being able to do cardio and weights when I was off. Now that I'm back to work that just isn't possible. I was pretty happy with holding my weight through the holidays. Now it's time to kick into high gear and get back on track with my nutrtion so I can get these last 10#'s off. I'm putting STS on the back burner for now. With MAX 30 coming and I'm still really considering Bob Harpers Black Fire (These are 20 mins long)...and then there's the bodyrock Hiitmax w/o's. I do need to keep up weight training though at least through Feb/March before tri-training starts.

Hi to Beth, Jacque, and Laura.

Happy Monday ladies! I did the LIHiiT #1 today and the Bonus abs #1. The LIHiiT was better the second time around. I do need lots of work though on that surfer move. I don't have Cathe's pace for that one. My lower back has been a bit tender so I'm really focusing on keeping my abs tight for all the new workouts. Gotta credit Insanity for helping me see the importance of that. I'm happy I feel better and can get to yoga tonight. More yoga/stretching is one of my goals this year. I'm on day 5 of my no extra sugar challenge. So far so good! I go back to work tomorrow and have a game plan. Fingers crossed.

Diana-glad you made it through the race! I did HCUB yesterday and agree that it's so fun. Time flies by too. Missy-listen to your body! Diana had a great suggestion with the foam roller. Also, are your hamstrings tight? My knees tend to twinge when I don't stretch them enough. LL-I third the notion that you can rightfully cut your self a break and just focus on doing what you can NOW! You've consistently been working out and can build from there. Tina-you are going strong...so inspiring.

BTW-the kitchen got finished up yesterday and the house is back in order after a major vacuum last night! Yeah!

Beth

I went to the doctor and he thought my pain is an inflamed 'miniscus' (?) I didn't look up the spelling on that. He obviously said to stay off of it. I was due to do an STS upper body today and tomorrow...then a legs, which I definitely won't do, but I do want to do the upper body. I have to do something.

I've been off sugar since the 1st, and today I just almost threw it all away again. I just told myself 'the time is now.' My daughter graduates in May, and my former husband will be bringing his girlfriend. While the marriage was over long before the separation, it bothered me that he couldn't wait until the divorce is final. I want to feel confident when I finally have to meet her. It's not her fault, I'm sure she's nice.

Honestly, I try to keep the whining to a minimum, but things like this have an effect on my health in terms of overeating and being sedentary.

Happy New Years ladies !

Hope everyone is doing well. So after some time away and very few workouts to log I am hoping to be healthy and get back to regular workouts. Did do a short 3 day weekend away after long work hours, then sinus headaches :((right there with you Diana) and then a cold and then holidays with shopping, etc. life just got in the way. I'm sure I am not the only one . . . but haven't even peeked in here lately so will have to go back and catch up.

New Year's Day did a hike with some family = 4.66 miles in the beautiful foothills near us. It was in the mid 30's when we started and ended about 50ish but was very refreshing except that whatever was in the air gave me a two day headache again! :mad:

This morning I did RWH Plyo #2 with abs #1 (premix 5). Still following the initial rotation, think it's the 30 day . . . Am really loving these new workouts as they are tiring, sweaty and very challenging. Having taken so much time off I am needing longer breaks but still enjoying them.

Going to go back to see what everyone has been up to - should be back tomorrow.

Toodles for now . . .

Missy, so sorry to hear it is your meniscus. My husband had an MRI and had to have part of his meniscus shaved off his knee. Once he had that done he had no pain and was able to work out without any problems, but I would get a definitive diagnosis if I were you to see what is going on!

Best,

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.