Daily check in weekend January 13-14

Henriette

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I will get us started, unless it takes me so long that someone else beats me to it.

It's been a very active day for me today. The other replacement DVD that I got from Cathe shop was Low Max (I previously owned only the digital version) so of course I had to try it today. I picked the premix step combo's only, and in fact despite having done the whole workout once only using the digital I didn't have to rewind it all that often. Yeah! Also a sign the moves are not too complex. So that was 45 min. Mick was still sleep when I finished so I decided to do a bit more... I did KCM Stepboxing workout 1 from 30min to fitness series. Switching from Cathe step straight to KCM is a little confusing, Kelly tends to alternate feet and uses some of the same terms for something completely different. I hadn't done this workout in a while, so I was happy to discover it's still fun. She moves along to the next move nice and quickly, so no time to get bored.

This afternoon we went for a walk for a couple of hours only to return home having forgotten to get something when we stopped at the shops on the way home, so I had to head straight out again. Lots of steps today!

This week has been an expensive week... several times I have ended up cheering myself up with shopping on Amazon... my friend had mentioned Under Armour was on sale at Hudson's Bay, but I discovered Amazon had way better deals and then it became a game finding the best deals... I got so many great bargains. Capri pants for just 8 pound, instead of 45 and shorts for 5 and long sleeved tops for 10... all UA. I wonder how many UA clothing items I have collected over the years. Today I found a hoodie reduced from 65 to 15, how can you resist a bargain like that?! I sure can't. Most of the time the quality is great even after years of use. I always find it strange when I hear about women who own 1 sports bra... I have a whole drawer full. I think I have more than enough workout outfits for a month of daily outfits, but of course I do laundry regularly and have favorites that I wear more often. Here during my maternity leave it's all I wear... pj's and my fitness gear. Occasionally I will put on a pair of jeans, but not every day.

Have a lovely weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Henriette! I totally understand a good sale!! It would be crazy if you did NOT buy something. I’ve done a bit of “After Christmas” shopping too. If the price is amazing, the product is solid, you won’t waste it (ex: clothes that stay in the closet) then why not!! I’m glad you’re enjoying some Cathe step too. I enjoy most of her step workouts. It’s nice when the choreography is simple enough so you can really get into it.

Right now I’m researching fitness trackers. The prices are decent due to all the New Years Resolution folks! I just don’t know which one to buy. I like the looks of the Apple Watch but the reviews say it’s not the best . Fitbit has a couple that’s might be good. Any thoughts?

Today I did Tracey Mallett Functional intensity training . Very nice and just what I needed.

Hi everyone!! Hope you’re having a great day!!

Last edited:
Hi gals,

No workout today. Today is my hubby's and I' s 28th wedding anniversary!![emoji16][emoji7]

Have a great day and workout!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a FitBit Charge HR2 which does everything I need it to so. I didn't want one that looked like a watch, so too big as I have enough watches that I want to keep wearing, so I wear it more as a bracelet... with straps in every color under the rainbow, so I can mix and match with my outfit. For me it's good to know my HR and burn and steps per day etc. I had the FitBit Charge before, but the strap broke after about a year, so exchangeable straps works better. Before that was a Jawbone Up, but that one stopped working after less than a year.

I find the HR measured by my FitBit more or less the same as by Polar watch with chest strap, so good enough for me.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Fitsplit boxing and legs - the leg portion was really good. I am so fussy about boxing workouts. I really only like hardstrikes. That's it. it was good, got my heart rate up etc.. but i compare all boxing to hardstrikes so they are pale in comparison to a 20/10 workout!

Today I did Yvette - heavy weights, cardio step. whoa.

I used to measure stuff, calories, heart rate etc.. but after many of my monitors stopped working consistently - i gave up. I love seeing heart rate and calorie burn!

Great workouts for those who squeezed 'em in! have a good cold day today.

Hi ladies,

Today was also really cold here and I was tired so it felt even colder than the thermostat said.

I wanted to do an UB workout, but every time I walked out of the room where Mick was napping he woke up. So I improvised and did 30min kickboxing followed by 20min barre. Tomorrow will be a new day to train my UB.

Hello girls, yes, it's COLD again. "Cold as a step-mother's kiss" :) , ever hear that ole saying before?

Anyway, didn't workout yesterday, but getting ready to try my new bicep muscle meltdown blender mix.
Still trying to take it easy on my foot, hopefully it will feel better soon. Take care all.

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Annette!

Hello ladies, Happy Anniversary Annette! That's wonderful!

I'm still working on the Next Step. I have got the basics of the first combo. I just need to tighten it up. Very fun!

My husband's gall bladder or something like that is bothering him. I tried to get him to go to urgent care, but he wants to wait until tomorrow. Men can be so stubborn. I'm really worried about him.

Hi everyone. Congrats Annette. I hope you had a nice anniversary. Hi Missy, that’s right...don’t give up. Step can be so much fun once you get it. Siobhan I’m planning on doing another Yvette tomorrow. Her workouts are addicting for sure. Cathe has had some decent Kickboxing on Live that I’ve done more than once because they were excellent. Linda, I’ll definitely have to remember that saying. I know the feeling well, however I’m pretty sure my step monster NEVER kissed me! Henriette a Kickboxing barre workout sounds really nice. I love that idea.

Today was an unexpected rest day. I was all set to start when my daughter called and said she was coming over. She wanted help giving Lester a bath. It was an adventure. Actually Lester took it well.

As far as heart rate monitors.... I have a Polar A300 with the chest strap. I love the info it gives me. I’m interested in something a little smaller (and looks nicer) that tracks all fitness stuff. I don’t need or care about getting phone calls, receiving texts or emails. But I want something accurate. Thanks for the info you gave me.

Last edited:
Annette - I forgot to say: Congratulations with your anniversary! That's a whole lot of years together, may you have many more happy years together!

Missy - I hope your hubby is okay. Men can indeed be very stubborn esp. with regards to medical issues.

Linda - please let your foot heal before you put much pressure on it.

Today I spoke with my Dutch "grandma", a lady my mom used to swim with who did not have grandkids at the time and felt bad for us not having grandparents in this country. She turned 93 today, so I called her to wish her a happy birthday. She has some pain in her bones and is not as mobile as before... I think she stopped swimming when she was 90, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with her mind. That is such a blessing! Of course she wanted to know when I would be stopping by with Mick so she could meet him, but it's a two hour drive so I will wait a few months before making that journey. She said just wait until it's warmer out, she isn't planning on dying anytime soon. She literally said that!

Have a good Sunday night.

Last edited:
Henriette, how great to have a "grandma" like that. She truly is an inspiration, swimming up to her 90's, wow, and I am sure she really Appreciated your call wishing her a happy birthday.

Yes, Henriette, I am trying to focus on mostly upper body right now, hopefully I will know when
To try a little more impact....course, I am walking Coco so I am getting some Lower body activity,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.