Daily check in - weekend 4-5Nov

Henriette

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I felt better today so before leaving for Magnus's game I decided to do a workout. I started with a dance workout, did the warm up but wasn't feeling it, so I popped in S&S PHA. That is such a great workout! I loved the two PHA that are in Live but this one also never disappoints. Only with upright rows I have to remember I have a big belly in the way... really in the way now!

Question of the day:

What is your favorite flavor ice cream?

Sorry Annette, it's another food question.

I love Mint chocolate chip, but can't buy it here in NL, so it is one of the things I just have to eat when we go on holidays abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there Henriette, glad you are feeling better ! Enjoy the game ! My favorite ice cream is chocolate ! and also chocolate peanut butter !
Don't know whether I will do a workout today or not, have to see how it goes....Not doing my normal cleaning today, just not feeling it...
Doing my laundry and maybe to the store later....Hello to all that follows......

Hi gals,

Well the menfolk are away moving sister in law so I have the whole house to myself unless you count the animals.

So today I did the warm up, punches and kicks off of Powerstrike Kickboxing(26 minutes) then I put in Powerstrike Bodystrikes and did the first 17 minutes of it (warm up plus the first round of kicking) . This morning I was down another .4 pounds bringing my GRAND TOTAL TO 40.2 POUNDS LOST!!!! [emoji16][emoji1][emoji2]

Whooohooo for me!!!!![emoji2][emoji274][emoji324][emoji322]

Have a great day and workout!

Oh and before I lost my taste, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a workout blender mish mosh workout of tri's/shoulders + lower body - if you can image I was able to do non moving air squats and some weighted squats but only with pressure on my right foot. an air cast really helps and the foot is slowly healing or maybe it's quick i don't know. good workout though.

henriette - gawwsh you amaze me with your workouts.

i can't have dairy (more of an allergic reaction than lactose issue) so if i ever have ice cream its made from cashews. i like cinnamon crunch cashew based ice cream or cookie dough is okay too. but if i could have dairy ice cream i love grape, tiger tail, chocolate peanut butter, pralines, chocolate mint is good too.

have a good day everyone.

Well, I certainly didn't accomplish much today! I didn't clean, and didn't get to the store, but did get my laundry
Done and just finished a 30+ min total body blender workout. It's been cold and rainy here today, kind of
Gloomy.....hope everyone's day has been good. Take care.

Hi everyone! My favorite flavor is vanilla, so I can jazz it up my own way, or mint chip. Also rocky road or chocolate brownie. Lol!!

Good for you Annette! What’s your goal?

Linda I need days of doing nothing! I’ll do stuff in the morning then shower, comfy sweats and chill. No Wally World for me either and I’m glad.

Henriette, our Super Woman! I’m so glad you’re feeling better. Are you ready for your baby?

Elsie, I love your variety in workouts. I’m narrow minded with it all.

Missy I’m glad you’re on the mend too. Slow and easy right?

Siobhan you too are in the process of healing! After an injury starts to feel better isn’t it great to simply move?

Anyway, my workout today a Firm wkout. Pretty nice and easy at only 40 min.

Have an awesome evening!

Hi Peg,

Don't really have a goal, like to be under 180 if possible. We'll see. It has taken me 3.5 years to get this much off. Slow weight loss is the best they say.

Hey there girls, oh Ice Cream? Must be one of your cravings, hey ....Henriette? ;) LOVE (real, full fat!) ice cream. The area I live, thankfully, has lots of choices these days. My favourite flavours are classic vanilla, cheesecake & earl grey (bergamot). Ceci, if you ever drive around the agricultural area around Guelph etc., look up some smaller scale goat farms. They make fantastic ice creams! This is more likely what I will get (or coconut or cashew ...but it isn't the same), unless I can find non factory farmed cow dairy.
I didn't do a workout today unless you count dancing in my living room to Wham!
Congrats on your success with weight loss, Annette, & for doing it healthily. I don't think these "lose 15 pounds in two weeks" plans are usually very healthy either. Or realistic.
Ceci, not even sprains and a broken foot can keep you away from a good workout! lol.
Peg, excellent Firm workout today! I think I have just tried a couple of those. I got one awhile back for less than 3 bucks & it still has the plastic film on it! lol.
Linda, I feel ya on wanting to go into hibernate mode when it's cool and wet outside. We have snow on the mountains here now! I went out for a little today just to have coffee and drop by the pharmacy for DH, but was glad to get back inside again!! Sounds like your week was hectic, so you deserve to put your feet up!
Henriette ...PHA? Whoa, that is a tough one. I do enjoy the LIVE one more than the DVD ....not sure why. Glad you've been feeling alright.
Missy, hope you are having a nice weekend so far. :)

See you all tomorrow/Sunday!

Hi Everyone,

I tried a short 30 minute Workout blender workout today. foot hurting. over did it yesterday :(
Elsie -thanks for the tip. i never thought about goat ice cream
Linda - laundry and a workout is a big day for many - good for you!
Peg - I've NEVER done a firm workout - they just don't appeal to me but they are so well talked about on the forums

have a great day everyone

Hi ladies,

Last night was just one of those nights again, where I barely slept. Around 5 hours in total, but up nearly every 30 minutes. I could just not get comfy and constant pressure on my bladder and then I got restless legs just to make matters better... NOT! I seem to have this type of nights several times a week, but knowing what Elsie has been going through I really shouldn't complain.

So needless to say, I have taken it very easy today as my body is sore from lack of sleep. I did manage a 36min workout, doing various chapters from Great Glutes, so now my Glutes feel worked. I then tried a bit of a dance workout but stopped during the first song as my pelvic area and lower back were not feeling right, so point forcing it at this stage and after so little sleep.

Have a good Sunday.

I did LIC yesterday and BodyMax 2 today, but only the first two parts. I did upperbody weights yesterday, so I skipped that today. I did the BodyMax on a 6 inch step, but the power segments on a 4 inch step. It's a shame I'll have to be off for a month. I think that's going to be hard for me. It's imperative though, to heal properly. I don't want the issue to come back. This is my second repair of it.

That's Wednesday. I'll check in when I can.

I was so immobile all day apart from my short workout earlier on that I decided to add on a 30min Jessica Smith Dance walk. Very low impact, but nice to be moving as I felt pressure in my lower body that did not allow for an outdoor walk. Sometimes I just want to stay close to the toilet due to all the pressure on my bladder [emoji51]

Ah Henriette, the first joy of motherhood......the need to pee all the time. Everyday I think of you and wonder if it’s the big day.

Missy you have inspired me to do some of Cathes earlier stuff. I love Body Max 2 when I have the time. I love the step! Today I did Low Impact Circuit with the bonus cardio. It’s awesome too. My upper body is feeling it.

Siobhan I don’t really like The Firm honestly. They have a weird robotic way of cueing, the hands on hips at the end of each segment, Plus I feel like they use very light weights for a lot of the toning. I got this one “Ultimate fat burn” for free at Mary’s last sale. It was on Halloween. You could pick a dvd for free from a preselected group and just pay shipping or if you ordered something, it shipped for free. So this was my freebie. I ordered Cathes STS Total body toning. I’m sorry about your foot. Perhaps a chair kickboxing class would be good. All upper body. It’s hard when you’re a physically active person then you’re suddenly sidelined.

Linda did you go to Waldo’s today? BLAH. We went to Sams club yesterday (like Costco). Surprisingly they have workout wear that’s pretty decent. The name is Tangerine. It’s nothing too special but it wears well and stays in place.

Elsie, sometimes when I’m cleaning I have my headphones on with my music. I’ll dance my way through vacuuming, mopping and dusting. I should wear my heart rate monitor just to see how much I burn. I’m glad you feel joyous enough to simply dance. We all need that kind of happiness sometimes, right?

Annette, slow and steady is absolutely the way to go. Good for you.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Last edited:
Rest Henriette, you will need energy after the baby comes.

Today is a rest day, rainy, windy, cool- ish temperatures.

Ceci, don't overdo it with your foot, gotta let it heal.

Hi to Peg, Aqua girl, Elsie and Missy, hope I didn't leave anyone out, if I did then I apologize now.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji16]

Hey ladies .....Oh Henriette, you are sleeping for two, don't worry about it! ((take gentle care)) I apologize if my griping about the nighttime noise has been taking up a lot of space here. I get so angry about it sometimes. Sorry everyone! Great glutes is pretty awesome!
Oh, Missy, Wednesday? Thinking of you.
We all need that kind of happiness sometimes, right?
Yes, exactly! Wham! does it for me. lol.
Well, excellent workouts today girls & well earned rests. :) So sorry about your pain, Ceci. Are you planning on taking a day or two off work?

I went to a class today which was the format of Anything for A Minute full body with barbell etc. I was finding I had less energy than the people nearly twice my age! Uh oh. I think this is due to me not giving it my all for the last couple-three months. I need some extra shoulder this week, so HasFit 20 minute deltoids is on deck for me this evening.
Check in with you all later!! :)

Hey girls, kinda under the weather, so to speak. My left foot is still hurting and now my left hip/back is hurting
So I have been pretty quiet. No workout today, did get to Walmart Peg :). I don't know whether I am going to
Work tomorrow, but I do need to try and see the chiropractor tomorrow if possble. I think he's in tomorrow
Afternoon. I am hoping that is where all this is coming from. As long as I can get Coco out and walked, I am
Good. Take care everyone.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back