Daily check in Wednesday December 13th, 2017

Henriette

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I was late with yesterday's check in, although I did check in, but not until this morning, in case any of you had not noticed yet, so I will get us started today.

Today was a good day workout wise... I did another Yvette Bachman on YouTube also using our new Smart Tv... still playing with all it's options. The other day Magnus discovered you can play Tetris on the tv. I used to love that game. That was the one reason why I really wanted a GameBoy, which I never got [emoji19]

Anyways the workout was All step and Bicep bonus. Boy it was tough and I got very sweaty! It was pretty long, an hour, so I am glad that I had the patience to get Mick to nap in his playpen next to me in the living room so that I didn't have to pause it several times. I burnt over 500 calories, despite modifying some moves and I could definitely feel the burn in my chest, back and shoulders from Monday's Muscle Max.

Peg - you have also been trying out Yvette's workouts, right? Have you come across that move where you do runner's lunge insole? I had never done that before, but both her workouts had that one in it. I like it! It's different, but I feel it works so many parts of me. Have you noticed many of the participants in these classes have only about half of Yvette's energy and some have a lot of trouble staying in sync with her and the music? The classes are small so you notice it clearly if one or more can't keep up and compared to Cathe Live it seems to happen more. I shouldn't be too tough on them though... who knows what they are going through. Maybe they also just had a baby or are recovering from something else.

Anyways... looks like Mick has put himself asleep again, so perhaps I can try the dance workout I wanted to do Monday when I gave up due to connection issues. I better get a move on before he wakes up again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it worked! Mick stayed asleep so I managed a dance workout as well. Now I think I can do laundry and be a couch potatoe the rest of the afternoon or at least until I have to drive the boys to basketball in a couple of hours and go grocery shopping. So thrilled that I could do two workouts today... one tough and one just pure fun.

Hope you girls also manage to do a workout of choice or enjoy a rest day.

Hi Henreitte! I love those "old fashioned" games. Remember Pac Man? Asteroids? Ah the memories. Anyway, yes I have really enjoyed Yvette. Those are "no joke" kind of workouts. I appreciate that her class can't always keep up because I know I'm huffin and puffin too. The sound is not very clear but it's not hard to follow along. I've written down the workouts that interest me so at 5: am I'm not putzing around trying to figure out what to do. She also had some shorter ones 15 min and 30 min. Have you noticed any Cathe moves in there? I have. Someone said they met her at a Cathe road trip. Anyway, I'm glad to have found her.

Today I did another premix from Cathes Greatest hits. I just wanted something familiar and pleasantly challenging.

Linda are you enjoying all your new stuff? Elsie are you finally getting some rest? Siobahn how's your foot. Annette and Missy how are you. I had a QOTD but now that I'm typing, I forget what it was......

Hi Henriette and all who follow,

Working out around babies is a challenge.

Today I taught my kickboxing workout to 8 ladies for 51 minutes then I did 35 minutes of heavy dumbbell work and abs on the stability ball.

I gave out the hand crocheted scarves I made to 10 of my ladies, 2 couldn't stay for class thus why my number above was 8. I also received a monetary gift from my one lady who has stuck with me.

Have a great day and workout![emoji16]

Today is my youngest son's 21st birthday!![emoji44]Where does the time go??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_1705.JPG
Who can relate to this one? Besides Linda and myself ☺️

Congratulations with your son Annette!
I love that you have given your students hand crafted gifts! Reminds me... I need to finish working in the ends of my rainbow blanket. Was done with all rows the night I went into labor but haven't really gotten far with working in the ends. Crocheting was always something I did during Netflix at night, but now most nights if we get around to watching an episode on Netflix I have a baby lying on top of me.

Peg - Yvette's workouts are definitely not a joke. The two I have tried had prettybokay sound quality. Not perfect, but pretty good and the music always helps keep me going.

That’s so funny!! Yes I can relate. I bought my daughter a very nice comforter she wanted, a bit pricey but......buuuutttt then I decided I wanted a nice one too. Funny how jubilant one can feel when you click “add to cart”!!

Yep, that would be me and you, Henriette, for sure! :):). Too funny! I took me a rest day today, actually just ran
Out of time....and now too tired to workout. :(

Gotta tell you, I am not feeling too excited about the new workouts...:(. Hate all that gliding work ...I like to use
The gliders, matter of fact, several of my new workouts use the gliding discs, but all that work on the floor with
Them, my wrists and hands are just not going to be able to do it! I'll be at the dr.for sure...maybe there will be
Enough of the weight work to make up for it. I know, from the clips, that a couple of Kelly's I just ordered, uses
"Rags" or discs for some moves that look like fun. Oh well! As Peg says, just Meh.....was over on VF, and
Several are cancelling orders because of all that gliding.
Everyone have a good night...

Linda, have you ever heard of WAGS? Wrist assured gloves. I have freakishly small wrists and they saved my wrists! They’re like lifting gloves with gel padding, ergonomically placed in the palm to reduce stress and pressure specifically for workouts. I recently got a second pair. But I know what you mean about the gliders. Sometimes too much of that tweaks my back. Well, we always have you tube if the workouts aren’t what we want.

Thanks Peg, no, I haven't heard of those gloves, but definitely gonna check it out.....Where can I find them? Yes, my wrists are tiny as well,
matter of fact, if I put my 2 wrists together, my B-I-L could take his one hand and put around both of my wrists and touch his thumb to
his middle finger, if you know what I mean. He always thought that was so funny :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.