Daily Check-in 12.5.17 - Sinterklaas

Henriette

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

Happy Sinterklaas! Not something celebrated in all countries, but it's celebrated here, just not by us, unless you count eating 'pepernotten' en Choclate letters [emoji13]

Annette - Denmark is not that big. I come from Denmark and my family lives there, but I have lived in the Netherlands since I was 6. My sister moved back in 1998 to go to Uni there and my parents moved back to Denmark in 2006.

Yesterday, Monday I did not manage a workout. I took my sister and Mick to see my office before walking my sister to the train station there so she could take the train back to the airport. Mick had had a rough night, sleeping a lot of it on my chest, so I was exhausted and had a splitting headache when so got home.

Today we have been catching up on sleep. We slept good during the night and after Magnus left for school Mick and I went back to bed and slept until 10.30! So by the next nap time I was fit and ready to workout instead of nap. [emoji3] While Mick napped I first did a Sh'bam dance workout and then part of a Michelle Vo cardio dance on YouTube. Funny Vietnamese or Thai girl, but the music is good and the moves are pretty simple.

Perhaps I will be back later to report more workouts, perhaps not...

Peg - to answer your question from Monday. That's a tough one... the right answer would be, be kind, invite her and show your good heart, but I am not sure I would be able to if I were in your shoes and had been treated like that by her. You have tried many times and I don't think anyone but you can decide when enough is really enough. Think about how it will affect you and your loved ones... perhaps make a list of pros and cons. In an ideal world you could discuss your dilemma with her, be completely honest, but sometimes I wonder if that only pays off in movies and psychology books and not in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. Today congestion and a sore throat. I can't believe it! I'm wondering if my husband isn't a carrier for something that's making me ill. They didn't do a throat culture last time....maybe it's strep? I don't know. I'm still going to work out today.

So what workout to chose today? I can't do squats. I'm thinking the 4Ds...

Hey Missy, sorry to hear you are not well. Perhaps it is best not to do anything too strenuous while you are not well. There was an article on Cathe's site the other day about whether or not to workout when you are not well, did you read it?

I ended up doing another workout after all this afternoon. Mick has been sleeping well today and after my long nap this morning I felt up for more... as well as a walk to the grocery store and lots of laundry. The piles of laundry are never ending in this big family.

My afternoon workout was KCM Weights - workout 2, Biceps, Triceps and shoulders with active recovery working the core. Nice enough workout, but it does not burn out/ exhaust my muscles the way the Cathe workouts like Xtrain Bi's and Tri's, Gym Style or BodyBeast do.

Hello ladies. Missy I'm sorry you're sick. Henriette I'm hit or miss w/ KCM. Some of her wkouts are great while others are just so-so.

Today I did Yvette Bachman (again) BOSU cardio mashup. I don't have a lot of BOSU wkouts so when I saw this I thought why not?! It was decent enough. I miss my Cathe though.

Thanks for your kind words and advice. I'm still not sure what to do but I'm betting I will end up calling her. Only because a part of me KNOWS she won't come. The holidays are supposed to be about happiness and togetherness. For me it's about stress and aggravation and FORCED togetherness. meh!

How is everyone doing? I'll check back in later! Thanks again.

Hi ladies,

Henriette, my hubby thought that Denmark and the Netherlands were the same, I am thinking that he got mistaken with maybe Holland?!

Today I practiced/tweaked my Killer Kickbox (which by the way lives up to the name I gave it[emoji44]), then I went through the dance circuit which is 50 minutes long. The kickbox one is 47 minutes.

I am beat and a sweaty mess.

Hopefully somebody is coming to look at the freezer we have up for grabs.

Rainy day here.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah Annette, he got them mixed up. Holland and The Netherlands are the same. Denmark is part of Scandinavia, the part of Europe north of Germany. So if you go up through the Netherlands, then a bit to the right and up through Germany you will get to Denmark. Hope this makes sense, if not, there is always Google.

Happy Sinterklaas Henriette! The neighboring town does a big Sinterklaas celebration. They have a parade and all the kids have masks that they make themselves at the library. All the restaurants are open and the street is shut down. It’s nice! One year they had it in the middle of a major snowstorm!

Greetings and Happy Sinterklass! (I have no idea what I'm talking about:):)

Tonight I actually did a workout, instead of sitting in front of the tv watching DVDs.! I did a step & weights blender
Mix. I have several DVDs yet to arrive, I will be glad when they all get here and I can pay for them. I went a little
Crazy with DVDs & toys, but, hey, it's Christmas and they're my Christmas presents and that's my story and I'm
Sticking to it!! At least if Cathe doesn't deliver by Christmas, I will have plenty to play with...

Hope everyone is well. I don't think Elsie has checked in for a day or so, hope she is ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.