Cycle Max question

Zbridget

Cathlete
I have never done a spinning class before- is that what Cycle Max is?

Would it work on an iPhone on a stationary bike at the gym?

Debating over whether or not to add it to my order... LOVE the workouts, I feel a new set of favorites coming on!

Bridget

Zbridget said:
I have never done a spinning class before- is that what Cycle Max is?

Would it work on an iPhone on a stationary bike at the gym?

Debating over whether or not to add it to my order... LOVE the workouts, I feel a new set of favorites coming on!

Bridget

I would def get it since its such a great price right now. I am assuming it would be the same as a class but I'm sure all classes are different! Ha! Yes, you can download it to your iPhone and take Cathe with you to the gym...have fun! I'm excited about all of them including Cycle Max!

That's what I did Deb, ordered it anyway. It was only another $10 & that way I have it. I just bought a new road bike :D and would love to get the piece allowing me to use it indoors. I am wondering if that will work with CycleMax.

I don't have an exercise bike, but I went ahead and pre-ordered all the DVDs including Cycle Max. What type of exercise bike will work best with this DVD? Thanks Cathletes!!

bike trainer

I don't have a spin bike and don't want to spend the $$ to add one to my 'home gym', but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience putting a mountain bike on a bike trainer and doing spin-type workouts? If so, what sort of bike trainer would you recommend?
Thanks!
MaggieS

I don't have a spin bike and don't want to spend the $$ to add one to my 'home gym', but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience putting a mountain bike on a bike trainer and doing spin-type workouts? If so, what sort of bike trainer would you recommend?
Thanks!
MaggieS

I plan on using my trainer for this. I have a Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roll Pro Trainer and currently have my road bike on it. I believe any trainer mounting your bike on will be sufficient. The differences between the spin bike and trainer w/bike will be the instant tension by using the knob and the constant spin of the pedals assisted by the flywheel. The geometry will be the same and you will still be able to get out of the saddle and hammer it on your bike. I've had my mountainbike on the trainer also, and that worked just as well, but I prefer my road bike on the trainer because of the gear ratios and for the extra position of getting into the drops. I can spin on that thing for hours because the rear has a rocking motion so there is no frame stress or butt stress (forgive the pun :rolleyes:). I think that spin bike by Nordic Track for that price though is awesome! If I was looking for a trainer or a spin bike and was watching my money, I'd go first to Craigslist and check that out, I was surprised how many there were.

You can use your mtn bike on a trainer but get a slick tire for the rear wheel. A knobby tread might get annoying. Like Dirt Diva, I plan to use my road bike in my trainer. But in time I will get a spin bike!

You can use your mtn bike on a trainer but get a slick tire for the rear wheel. A knobby tread might get annoying. Like Dirt Diva, I plan to use my road bike in my trainer. But in time I will get a spin bike!

This is really important, I forgot to say that when I had my mountainbike on the trainer, I had a training wheel to substitute. The knobs would be way too noisy.

I have a question too

I read somewhere about doing cycle max on an ellipitical but maybe not getting the same results. Does anyone recall this or where I can find it? I dont plan on getting a spin bike, but I do have a very nice elliptical. Im not sure if I want to get cycle Max or not. I can change the incline and the resistance on my ellpitical, so I would think that it would be close to the same type of zero impact workout.

I read somewhere about doing cycle max on an ellipitical but maybe not getting the same results. Does anyone recall this or where I can find it? I dont plan on getting a spin bike, but I do have a very nice elliptical. Im not sure if I want to get cycle Max or not. I can change the incline and the resistance on my ellpitical, so I would think that it would be close to the same type of zero impact workout.

Shannon, I know I read a post from Cathe saying that you prob won't get the same results but I am planning to try it on my elliptical also after I've given it a few go-rounds on my spin bike. My elliptical has a LB feature where you do Squats and reverse pedaling so I'm thinking when Cathe does the jumps out of the saddle, I will do regular pedaling alternating with squats raising my hips up & down. I thought if there is a move I can't copy on the elliptical, I will just do something diff like backward pedaling. I would think regular spinning would be the same as steady state, raising my incline for running hill climbs and adding resistance and incline for slow hill climbs. I am just going to play around with it and that way I can use two machines for Cycle Max! Let me know if you try it too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.