CTX II and other ideas

jillybean

Cathlete
CTX II would be 6 workouts: a mix of short cardio and weights much like the orignial CTX only this time the weight work would be done at a slower/heavier pace, somewhere between PS and S&H. An example might look like this:
1. Kick Max: 30 min of intense kickboxing followed by intense chest work featuring heavy, slower reps.
2. Boot Camp Leg Circuit: 30 min of Boot Camp drills and leg work using the med ball and weights, followed by heavy, slower back work and a med ball ab routine.
3. MiniImax: 5 intervals followed by heavy, slower shoulder work and intense core work.
4. Hi/Lo Max: 30 min of intense floor aerobics followed by intense, heavy and slower work for the triceps.
5. Half on Half off: this would either be a mini MIC, doing 15 min. of hi/lo and 15 min. of step, or 15. min of floor kickboxing and 15 min. of step kickboxing, followed by heavy, slower bicep work and core work.
6. Lower Body Max: 40 +/- min. of leg work kind of like Leaner Legs, but set up more like PS SL&A doing lunges all at once, then step ups all at once, then squats all at once, etc., using a slower pace and heavy weight (and bring back the sit-and-stands, please?) and then lower body floor work with the stability ball and a stability ball ab routine.

Cardio Kicks II or Maximum Intensity Kickboxing (25 min. of floor kickboxing and 25 or so min. of step kickbox)

Rhythmic Step II or a dancy kind of step workout (kind of like the cooldowns from Power Max, Step Fit, and Step Works, only much faster of course!) That's it.

And another idea:
6 tape series to be used as a 6 day a week rotation:

1. 60 min. kickbox (Cardio Kicks II) or else a kickbox/leg circuit workout so that the lower body gets hit twice in the series
2. 60 min. of Chest and Shoulders at a pace between PS and S&H plus core work
3. 60 min. step (Rhythmic Step II)
4. 60 min. of Back and Legs at a pace between PS and S&H plus stablilty ball work
5. 60 min. hi/lo
6. 60 min. of Tris and Bis at a pace between PS and S&H plus ab routine

I personally would love to see longer (75. min - 90 min.) workouts like Body Max or MIC but I know some people have time constraints.

Thanks so much for inquiring!

WOW! I LOVE the idea if CTXII using Slow and Heavy. I never seem to make time for the Slow and Heavy series as is; this would be great.

I'd also like to see the stretch tape as your stretches are my favorites short of yoga.

Boot Camp is such a great total body blast; I'd love to see a sequel to that (maybe using a BOSU option???).

Love the idea of a C&W crosstrainer for use with C&W as well. I love the way the cardio is broken down in the Intensity Series -- basically not at all, really prevents boredom from setting in with the workouts.

An updated Body Max with more of the fun moves would be great, too.

Oh heck, anything will be great.

Whatever you do, I hope you make another Terminator-type DVD; I love those workouts and they're a great way to provide the killer workout to those who want it without making brand new killer workouts.

Donna K

Jillybean's CTX II would be the most perfect series. Please make this Cathe. You can have my money tomorrow. ;)

Clare

I was going to post my suggestion by Jilly took the words out of my mouth: a 6 day workout series, hitting one body part per day but going for max muscle growth as opposed to endurance. Make the cardio segments less step-oriented, more kickbox and hi lo.

Christine

Jillybean really has a gift for this stuff. She is absolutely amazing. I think she knows Cathe's stuff almost as well as Cathe. OK, I surrender the credit card. Cathe, just tell me where to send it.:)
Dawn

Yes to CTX 2....Yes to Maximum Intensity Kickboxing

I love your ideas Jillybean! CTX is my all time Cathe Series Favorite... love doing the short cardios and then doing weights... love everyone of the CTX suggestions, including the titles!!!! Also changing the style of weight really adds a nice crosstraining effect. Of course, Cathe I would love premixes incorporated for upper body and lower body or anything else you come up with. I albsoulutely love

Yes to Maximum Intensity Kickboxing... always wanted more step kickbox from Cathe... and of course sounds great to do this workout as one long session or split it up!

Rhytmic Step II sounds great too with low impact modifications demonstrated by a back ground person.

One thing though I'd love to see Yoga Max... 30 minutes of yoga for strength and 30 minutes of stretch yoga....
Another request or suggestion... time crunch weight training. Upper body in less than 20, lower body in less than 20, core work 20.... we could pick and choose our emphasis for the day. If we need a total body workout.. have premixes for a shorten effective session.

RE: Yes to CTX 2....Yes to Maximum Intensity Kickboxing

Jillybean,I have to say that your CTX2 idea is fabulous! Your ideas are absolutely incredible. I think this would be fabulous and the only person who could make it fabulous is Cathe!

Cathe-please consider this! I think it would definitely be a winner.

I agree with others, Jillybean's suggestion is awesome! I would love another CTX series. It was the first Cathe workouts I had ordered.

Great thinking jillybean!

Trina

Wow! Those are GREAT suggestions! CTX is my favorite series (after the new intensity series) and I'd love to see something like this again!

I'm with Clare 1,000% (I'd be ready with the credit card NOW!)!!! Brilliant idea, Jillybean!! I hope Cathe makes a CTX II for the new summer workouts! It would be especially cool on DVD!

Robin

Ditto, Jillybean's suggestions!

OMG, I loooove your breakdown CTX-II suggestion!

But you forgot to add: CTX-II Upper Body compilation and CTX-II All Abs compilations released with the dvd versions!!

:)

>CTX II would be 6 workouts: a mix of short cardio and weights
>much like the orignial CTX only this time the weight work
>would be done at a slower/heavier pace, somewhere between PS
>and S&H. An example might look like this:
>1. Kick Max: 30 min of intense kickboxing followed by intense
>chest work featuring heavy, slower reps.
>2. Boot Camp Leg Circuit: 30 min of Boot Camp drills and leg
>work using the med ball and weights, followed by heavy, slower
>back work and a med ball ab routine.
>3. MiniImax: 5 intervals followed by heavy, slower shoulder
>work and intense core work.
>4. Hi/Lo Max: 30 min of intense floor aerobics followed by
>intense, heavy and slower work for the triceps.
>5. Half on Half off: this would either be a mini MIC, doing 15
>min. of hi/lo and 15 min. of step, or 15. min of floor
>kickboxing and 15 min. of step kickboxing, followed by heavy,
>slower bicep work and core work.
>6. Lower Body Max: 40 +/- min. of leg work kind of like Leaner
>Legs, but set up more like PS SL&A doing lunges all at once,
>then step ups all at once, then squats all at once, etc.,
>using a slower pace and heavy weight (and bring back the
>sit-and-stands, please?) and then lower body floor work with
>the stability ball and a stability ball ab routine.
>
>Cardio Kicks II or Maximum Intensity Kickboxing (25 min. of
>floor kickboxing and 25 or so min. of step kickbox)
>
>Rhythmic Step II or a dancy kind of step workout (kind of like
>the cooldowns from Power Max, Step Fit, and Step Works, only
>much faster of course!) That's it.

I really like the CTX II Series! I don't think she'll do it this year. Next year perhaps? Hope so!

30 mins Floor Kickboxing and 30 mins Step Kickboxing is a great idea too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.