CrossPit workouts...WHOA!

NinjaMom

Cathlete
Shout out to the Cathlete that recommended the CrossPit workouts. I did the first workout last week and it was tough but I made it thru. Today, I did the second workout and seriously hit the puke factor multiple times. I had to go to my knees on many of the pushup sets:( and fell behind on the last circuit of sit ups & pullups. These are definitely my new nemesis to conquer....Thank you!

I wonder how I'll feel tomorrow?:confused:

Hi Judi,

Curious minds need to know (but don't have the time to Google it) - what is the difference between CrossFit workouts and CrossPit?

I am hazarding a quick guess, but I am sure to be wrong, does it employ MMA???

:D

Janis-

The second workout of CrossPit was created using the concept of CrossFit workouts...at least that is what is explained at the beginning of the workout. Here is a breakdown of the workout:

30 second pushup sets of 10,12,14,16,18,20
30 second all out punching the bag after each push up set...repeat with no rests until all sets are done
1 minute rest..finally!
30 second squats sets 10,12,14,16,18,20
30 second all out kicking the bag after each squat set...repeat with no rests until all sets are done
1 minute rest
30 second squat thrusts *at this point I can't even remember how many per set
30 second pushup sets
30 second squat sets
1 minute punching & kicking the bag...repeat 5 or 6 times before rest
1 minute rest
20 full sit up sets
pull up sets 5,6,7,8,7,6,5...this set was nonstop and I couldn't keep up!
Ended with 3 minutes of Tabata style (40/20) jump rope

While the workouts are for the MMA participant, anyone who wants an intense cardio/body weight workout will benefit. Hope that answers your questions:)

I have all of The Pit workouts and I love 'em! I love The Pit Master's dry humor and I love the no bull attitude of the classes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.