Crossfire slide n glide question

How much are the slide n glide disks used? I have a puzzle mat floor and Inhave tried paper plates and two different types of slide n glide disks and none work to well. I just got the low impact cardio super sets and can not do half the workout. So I was wondering about crossfire. What about other workouts with disks how much are they used?

They are barely used in Crossfire and To The Max. Only in jack pushups and mountain climbers in the premix. If you don't have the discs, no big deal. In the other LIS workouts they are used maybe two to four times in each workout, and the moves are easily modified to do without a disc. The exception would be Slide and Glide which is done pretty much entirely with the discs.

Last edited:
I've read where women with the puzzle mats throw down a carpet remnant for disc work. Discs are so awesome; it might be worth the "hassle"!

When I used puzzle mats I bought cheap (the word cheap) Frisbee's. The ones you get at the dollar store. They have plastic pictures of what ever on them. Those plastic pictures was the secrete. :)

I also found that a piece of left over flannel material worked with cathe's discs.

I agree with Nancy, the discs really add a lot to the workouts.
I bought a piece of carpet from Big Lots and it's large enough for the workouts but small enough to fold away when I don't need it.

I don't like the disks (they bother my lower back) but I do like Cardio Supersets a lot. Sometimes I do the first 4 sets (none of which requires disks) followed by the bonus, and that's a pretty good workout. Other times when I have more energy, I add in but modify sets 5-8 (not all of them involve disks). Please don't give up on Cardio Supersets.

I do aerobics on carpet, but I can also say that I used a frisbee with High Reps and Lower Body Blast before I got the sliding disc with the LIC set. The frisbee worked well for me---not sure how they will work on the mats---but they are CHEAP way to give it a try. Now that I have the discs, I don't use the cover on them and that makes them easier to slide and I don't have to worry about the cover coming off during my workout (which happened often at first).

Alternative disk

You could try a plastic file folder cut in half. Has worked for me on carpet for over a year. Should be $1 or less.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.