CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR JAN 13, 2011

Hi ladies. Yesterday I did about 15 mins on the elliptical, biceps, abs, then about 7 more on the elliptical.

Today my running plan calls for 4 miles plus 4 sets of pick ups (start slowly then build speed for about 20 seconds). It's freaking cold as hell though so this ought to be really really interesting.

So I got up this morning to workout. Had all intentions of working out. Sat on my couch and watched General Hospital. Bear jumped in my lap and that was all she wrote. I was 2 1/2 days behind on my show so I decided to just catch up with that and can the workout.

However, in defense of myself skipping a workout - Gene and I had to shovel and snow blow my moms driveway. He snow blowed and I shoveled. Talk about a workout. Even though every part of my body was numb, I was sweating. So I'm counting that as my workout for today. So there. :D

Apparently I offended Roxie a few weeks back when she was asking me about a rotation. I want to publicly apologize for any misunderstandings, I never intended on hurting her feelings. She asked me a question about a rotation and I answered - a few days later, though, and I think she took my response as me being annoyed. I wasn't. I was just busy. My PC at work was down and when I'm home I'm never online. So I apologize. I pm'd her and hopefully she'll be back with us soon.

Hi everyone!

Another snow day here for me...WOOHOO!!!

We had to shovel 3x between yesterday and last night...:eek: I slept like a baby!!! Today I'll make up for that missed circuit but first...SHOP MAX! Heading to the mall with DD. I have got to get out of the house. The chocolate chip cookies we baked yesterday are already taunting me...;)

BBL to report my workout!

Good Morning Everyone,

I know you have all been concerned about me but I am fine. I have worked out everyday this year one of my resolutions, but I still can't get up in the mornings we have had some furnace issues that are hopefully resolved. I bought Zumba for the Wii and DH set it up in my workout room so I am excited to try it Saturday. Tonite is GS legs timesaver #2 but will probably do 1 instead.

Heather-you are doing great with your runs. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and this morning it was -2 degrees.

Belinda-hope everything goes well for you. My inlaws used to take a 5th wheel trailer to Texas every year in the winter.

Debbie-how is the new kitty? I never wanted another dog but I would miss my DDs dog if she ever took it away from us kind of attached now.

Today was a good STS workout - the last in week 3 of M3. One more week and I'm done with this rotation, crazy! I did have to skip a couple of the tricep sets as my left elbow is bugging me like crazy and I have no idea why. So I skipped the last set of triceps to avoid injuring myself. I followed that with some core work from Core Fusion Long and Lean, my newest Core Fusion DVD to add to the collection. :)

Roxie - glad to have you back! we missed you!

Debbie - Love your rest day action, I used to watch all the soaps in college, boy I miss those days and all that free time!

Heather - eek, it's gonna be a cold run! It's def impossible for me to run outside for awhile now that we have TWO FEET of snow on the ground. Good grief.

Melissa - nice work on Shovel Max yesterday, hehe!

I just wanted everyone to know that I mistook Debbies tone in her reply, she is a great gal and always helpful.

Hey Girls!

We dug out of the snow storm yesterday too. I had to take 2 of my sons (my 15 yr old paid them to do his papers so he could stay home and play video games) to deliver papers in my 4 wheel drive. The roads weren't even plowed yet where we had to go. But my 11 yr old was all dressed in his snow clothes and OPTED to run through THE BIGGEST drifts to deliver the papers. What a crazy boy he is! Oh, and Buddy came too! LOL!. (He loves to ride in the car). Anyhow, we did great, until I got home. I got stuck at the foot of our driveway (not shoveled/blown yet). I had to call DH who was sleeping to come get us out! LOL!. Of course he did with just playing with the truck. We got about 20 inches of snow at the end of it all. Had a 2 Hour School delay this morning, which was nice!

Today for workout(s) I did first, GS Shoulders only (after warmup) and then Turbo Fire Abs 10 (tough ab work!, but I did better this time around, I think my abs are getting stronger). Lastly, I did Cathe's HiiT 30/30. Easiest, but NOT easy! Puke status after the Air Jacks followed by Tuck Jumps!!

Belinda: I did CCC on Tuesday! tough stuff!!

Nora: Nice job on MM and CC yesterday!! You kick it hard EVERY day!!!

Debbie: You are too funny! Hey, it's rest/recovery week and you work SO hard during the rotation, you deserve a little break. I used to watch GH, haven't in years. I bet I could jump right in though! LOL!. How is the new kitty doing?....Sorry for the misunderstanding. Communication on the internet are so hard sometimes when you just don't see what's happening on the other side of the computer!

Heather
: Good workout yesterday! Good luck with the running! I won't be running for a good long time now that there's all that snow and ice outside. Bummer.

Melissa
: YAY for snow day #2!!!! Mall shopping sounds like the perfect thing to do, have fun!

Jessica
: wow, week #3! how did you get there already?? Do you know what you'll do after STS this time?

Roxie
: Welcome back and AWESOME job on workouts every day this year!!!!

Nice workout, Chris!! Especially after all that shoveling yesterday. Ridiculous out there, right?? Glad the kids had fun with it though, what troopers!

I'm not sure what I'll do after STS ends, toying with the idea of a Core Fusion one-month rotation actually. A blogger friend of mine is a huge CF advocate after she took on the CF challenge (one month of CF 4-5 days a week and a little cardio but nothing else in terms of weight, just your body weight during the various CF workouts mostly). She got incredible results. Really toned and such. I'm very curious about and have never done something like that - would be VERY different for me but hey shocking the body is good, right?? So we'll see!

Hey Girls!

We dug out of the snow storm yesterday too. I had to take 2 of my sons (my 15 yr old paid them to do his papers so he could stay home and play video games) to deliver papers in my 4 wheel drive. The roads weren't even plowed yet where we had to go. But my 11 yr old was all dressed in his snow clothes and OPTED to run through THE BIGGEST drifts to deliver the papers. What a crazy boy he is! Oh, and Buddy came too! LOL!. (He loves to ride in the car). Anyhow, we did great, until I got home. I got stuck at the foot of our driveway (not shoveled/blown yet). I had to call DH who was sleeping to come get us out! LOL!. Of course he did with just playing with the truck. We got about 20 inches of snow at the end of it all. Had a 2 Hour School delay this morning, which was nice!

Today for workout(s) I did first, GS Shoulders only (after warmup) and then Turbo Fire Abs 10 (tough ab work!, but I did better this time around, I think my abs are getting stronger). Lastly, I did Cathe's HiiT 30/30. Easiest, but NOT easy! Puke status after the Air Jacks followed by Tuck Jumps!!

Belinda: I did CCC on Tuesday! tough stuff!!

Nora: Nice job on MM and CC yesterday!! You kick it hard EVERY day!!!

Debbie: You are too funny! Hey, it's rest/recovery week and you work SO hard during the rotation, you deserve a little break. I used to watch GH, haven't in years. I bet I could jump right in though! LOL!. How is the new kitty doing?....Sorry for the misunderstanding. Communication on the internet are so hard sometimes when you just don't see what's happening on the other side of the computer!

Heather
: Good workout yesterday! Good luck with the running! I won't be running for a good long time now that there's all that snow and ice outside. Bummer.

Melissa
: YAY for snow day #2!!!! Mall shopping sounds like the perfect thing to do, have fun!

Jessica
: wow, week #3! how did you get there already?? Do you know what you'll do after STS this time?

Roxie
: Welcome back and AWESOME job on workouts every day this year!!!!

Hallo girls,

Heather - nice workouts yesterday. Have fun with your run today. Do you have a running plan?

Debbie - it's one tough workout, shoveling snow.

Melissa - have fun with SHOP MAX. My kinda workout, lol!

Roxie - glad you are back, we all missed you. BTW, we our RV is a Glass A (bus). They are a lot of fun!

Jess - yeah, you almost finsih with STS! What are your results? What is Core Fusion Long & lean?

Chris - my dogs enjoyed the snow too! Stay safe with all that snow. Nice mix of workouts today, girl.

Waves to Nora and everyone I may missed!

I will be back in the morning, it's getting late here. Need some sleep.

Have a good one!

Belinda - I meant to tell you - or maybe I already did - that I did read what you wrote about stopping my rotation short. No problem, I was just wondering. STS is great and I don't blame you for starting it up again. How exciting that you are coming back to the states soon. I bet you are happy about that!

Heather - Hope your running plans work out!! Nice going with the bi's and abs!

Melissa - Shoveling snow isn't for the wimpy, is it? I couldn't believe how winded I got doing that yesterday. Its a great workout. I can't believe you did it 3x in one day! :eek:

Roxie - The new kitty is doing extremely well and my other two seem to be pretty use to him now. They seem to all get along which makes me happy! Glad you are back!

Jess - I've been having some aches in my elbows, too, but I can't pinpoint what is bugging them. I'm hoping my rest week will help with that. And wow, only one more week of STS! That went by so fast!

Chris - Seems everyone is shoveling lately. I've been watching GH since 1982 I think. I started watching when Rick Springfield was on. LMAO! Sometimes I enjoy that show and other times I just can't stand the storylines. Right now its the later. LOL!

Nora - Just wanted to say hi!!! :D

This has been and incredibly shitty day and I can't wait until its over just makes want to go home put on my p.j.s and snuggle under a blanket with DH.

Well I'm back from a cold run - but it was a pretty good one. I still have not done chest this week b/c I need DH to spot.

Debbie - I love that you're taking full advantage of your rest week!

Belinda - I'm using a half marathon training plan from Runner's World.

Roxie - welcome back!

Everyone seems to be rocking their workouts (as usual)!!!

Hi girls~;)

I just finished my workout, so I'll check in now.

Here's today's workout:

Intensity= 57 Min
Met Value= 7.0
Calories burned= 592

Jackie Warner-Xtreme Abs- Floor work only= 17 Min
Calories burned= 116
Met Value= 5.0
Killer ab work, love it!

Total calories burned= 708;)

I'll do better tonight and really come back for personals.

Hugs to everyone:);)

p.s. special shout hi's and hugs to Jessica, Roxie, and Melissa!:D

Nora

Nora

Hi girls!;)

I'm back for personals.

Belinda- Wow, CCC ! Awesome job, WTG!!!:cool::D

Heather- You go girl on your 4 mile running plan with pick ups etc. You are doing an awesome job with your training keep up the great job!;):)

Debbie- No worries about not workingout today. I do think shoveling snow does count as exercise so your good there. How's you new kitty doing?

Melissa- Hey girlfriend~ We've missed you around here. Like I told Debbie, snoveling snow does count as a workout in my book. Ooh and Shop Max sounds like my kind of exercise, have fun shopping with your DD. Shopping the way my grandma, when she was alive, and me shop is definitely aerobic rushing to HiiTS all the killer sales. Yep, I did mean HiiTS as in High intensity interval Training Shopping, LOL!! Enjoy! See, its just not right to have chocolate chip cookies taunt you, they are to be seen, eaten, and not heard a peep from. LOL!! I love chocolate so I can relate.

Roxie- Welcome back!:D I'm so glad to see you checkin in again. We missed you. Oh congrats on your christmas present of Wii and Zumba, sounds like fun enjoy. Have a great workout tonight with GS Legs whatever premix you choose. Please be careful with the furnace issues, carbon monoixde poisoning can be a problem with furnaces at times. I recommend getting a carbon monoxide detectors at any hardware stores or home improvement store. Welcome back, I'm so thrilled your back. Have a great evening.;):)

Jessica- Great job with STS Meso 3 week three, bravo!:cool: Great job on modifying triceps work or skipping it to avoid injury.;) I see your still loving Core Fusion collecting. I did view some of their video's at collage video and they look good. I have several pilates, barr method, fluidity stuff to draw from for those sorts of workouts and they don't look intense but you will feel them that's for sure. It gives you a whole new perspective on dancers and how strong they are without the bulk. Killer workout by the way girl, WTG!!!;):)

Chris- Wow! Busy day for you. Nicely done with regards to your awesome workout of: GS shoulders, TF Abs 10, and finally Cathe's HiiT 30/30, Phew!!:eek::cool: Not to mention shoveling snow and running the kids to deliver papers. I hope your relaxing and taking it easy tonight. ;):cool:

I can see that most of you have had to deal with major snow issues. I hope that you are all keeping warm and being safe out in the elements whether it be driving or exercising outside. Yes, and I say shoveling snow is exercise, you bet it counts. ;)

p.s I was wondering if those of you that own exercise bikes could take a look at these two links. I'm wanting to get one of these two bikes, they are upright bikes. I'm interested in your thoughts on these.

Choice #:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Power-Spin-290-Upright-Bike/14972091?findingMethod=rr

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Power-Spin-210-Upright-Bike/7789782

#3 This one is a recumbent bike, I am leaning towards the uprights probably the Gold's Gym Power Spin 290, but I still want your thoughts about these ones. Thanks in advance!;)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Power-Spin-230-Recumbent-Bike/14234885

Ok, that's it for me tonight. Have a wonderful and resentful night and I'll see you at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs to everyone!:D

Last edited:
Good evening,

Debbie - you are so sweet! I did/do feel bad for quitting your rotation. Loved ever minute. We will leave May 1. I am excited and scared at the same time.

Roxie - hang in there, girl!

Heather - you gonna rock that half marathon!

Nora - wtg, on Intensity/ab wo today. Have you looked into Bike trainers? My DH loves his! Just a thought!

Good night, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back