Could running be worked in w/Insanity?

DeborahG

Cathlete
Any opinions? I live in the South and like to run in the fall/winter after the dreadfully hot summers are over. I'm thinking about buying Insanity, but I'm wondering if it is already so cardio-intensive that adding or subing in running wouldn't really work. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

Deborah

I am doing both. I started running in April and am up to long runs of 12 miles. I do 1 long run (10-12), one medium/long run (8-10), 1 medium (5-8) and one short (3-5) every week. INSANITY is tough after the long runs, but other than that it's working in fine. Of course, I'm only on my 2nd week so my opinion could change! LOL! But, the reason I bought it was hearing input from other runners who have noticed improvement in their speed and distance!
btw~ I'm in South Carolina and it has been brutal getting the summer runs in, but wow! I freeze now the few mornings it has been in the 60s!
Becky

I am in week 3 of Insanity and adding 1 short run (30-40 mins) per week and it's plenty for me. I notice the difference in that one run. I am struggling with it since starting Insanity. Ofcourse, I haven't done cardio 5 days a week in a very long time and never run more then 3x per week so that could also be another culprit as to why I am having a hard time.

You really have to try it and play around with it and see what works for you.
Everyone is different. I could/would never add more then this one run into this rotation but that's just mean and that doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for someone else. :)

Thanks for the input, ladies.

Jansherman, do you substitute running for some of the Insanity workouts, or also run in addition to the full Insanity rotation? I'm thinking I may not have time to do both.

Thanks again for your input.

Have a great night!

Deborah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.