Comments/ideas for "Intro to Cathe" DVD

sunnyside

Cathlete
I am not sure I like the title of "intro to Cathe". I would rather see something like. Cathe 101, or Breakdown of Cathe's hardest moves.
These aren't good, but you get my drift. LOL!

Maybe a video with a section of her harder and complicated step moves, could be put in some kind of a slow motion/breakdown. People new to Cathe, could learn the moves easier. Then there could be
the real Cathe workouts on the DVD that could be 30 min. 45 min. 1 hour. Those new to Cathe, could work their way up to the hour workout. Those that are used to Cathe could still have the intensity we are used too, plus the convienence of a couple of time crunch workouts.

Any other ideas for this type of video?

I just hate the thought of a beginner/intermediate Cathe video. I'm selfish!;)

RE: Comments/ideas for "Intro to Cathe" DVD

Now, now...it's not nice to be greedy :) If Cathe's gonna do 4 videos, can't you just share 1 video for us advanced "newbies to Cathe?" :) Seriously, I think Cathe's gonna do a high intermediate/advanced Intro Video. I personally like that because I am new to Cathe's step moves. I also prefer more athletic moves rather than intricate steps. Hopefully she can do something similar to the Wedding Video which contains both 60 min step and 60 min weight training. So, I really do hope she does the Intro To Cathe video :)

Well, I am quite greedy myself and would love nothing more than for all of these workouts to be advanced :). I think it is actually a good idea to have a segment in the beginning that would be an introduction to the moves. I don't think it would need to be too long... just enough to really show exactly how to do each of her difficult moves (heck, I think I could benefit from it, too, and I've been doing Cathe's tapes for years now :) ) Even if the whole video is dedicated mainly to introducing her moves, that break-down segment might still be very worthwhile.

It'll be good regardless, I know it will.

I am greedy too! I would love to own an Intro To Cathe video :) Just like you, I am also a fitness buff but I don't think I am really advanced. I would surely benefit from this new video as I am sure a lot more too!

I think Intro to Cathe is a GREAT idea. Personally, I would not buy it (hoping Cathe would put it on separate DVD since this workout caters to different exercisers) since I do not need it. I think the intensity level should be lower too. Remember, this is for Cathe beginners... higher intensity will just turn newbies off. It will also give newbies the 'in-between' step before they are ready for Cathe cardios. As we all know it, Cathe cardios are VERY intense, and the best there is out there. This in-between step is not necessary for Cathe strength since newbies can start with lighter weights.

For those who are a little selfish... think of it this way... the more we have Cathe fans, the more sales SNM will make. More sales, more money, more demands which translates to --- MORE VIDEOS!
Not that I need MORE videos!

:) spoken like an effective marketing strategist! i agree! some Cathe Newbies are intimidated not by the intensity but rather the complexity of the workouts. Intro To Cathe will give them the ability to familiarize her steps and moves. Once they're done and they feel accomplished, they get hooked and more challenged, then they buy more Cathe videos!

RE: Comments/ideas for "Intro to Cathe&quo...

I cannot do Step, but for those who can, it would be nice to have a tape for those days when one is not up to par as in that time of the month, or for coming off an illness or injury. Something that would be fun but a notch lower in intensity and impact. Also there are those who are having major knee problems and such and they cannot do high impact anymore. So if this type of workout was one included in a series of workouts that increase in intensity and complexity, there would be something for almost everyone. Just a thought. :D

I know that Christi Taylor has a feature on her step DVDs called the Move Master where difficult moves are demonstrated and taught apart from the actual workout. I think this would be an excellent feature for Cathe's DVDs since she won't have to spend a lot of time teaching a move in the actual workout.

I just now posted a new thread here with the word "compilations" in it. Look at it- do you think it's a good idea?

Oh heck, here it is:

Compiling warm-ups and cool-downs from tapes from Step Max, Jam, Heat, Works, RS, etc., and some CTX warm-ups for the most intense part, would make more than one low-impact intro to Cathe cardio video!

Lots of signature moves and some good coordination and balance training are in there. (I would love to give something like this to my mom.)

-Connie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.