Colorado Wildfires please pray!!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi Cathletes,

So, no doubt you are aware of the wildfires that are burning out of control. We spent a lovely week in San Diego and were welcomed back by views of the terrifying flames & un-ending smoke. They are having pre-evacuations for Western Monument- we are in Eastern Monument across the interstate. So, please pray that it doesn't jump the six lanes and/or embers start another one up.

This is unbelievably scary! Pray, pray, pray!!

Thank you.
Pam

Thank you for posting, Pam. My mom's neighborhood was evacuated - with little warning - last night. So scary! You are on pre-evacuation, yes? Praying for all the evacuees, the firefighters and police, for rain, cooler temps, and no wind. I am about 15 miles south, but the smell of smoke is in the air. What a wonderful community we live in....100 cars in line waiting to donate food and toiletries at Care & Share today!

I will pray for you. I hope that they get the fire under control and your air quality is restored very soon (today!!!).

I hate fires. Thats just so terrible. Be sure to take care of yourself and don't go outside (smoke can do terrible damage to your lungs.) I hope I'm not just coming across as a nag. Once upon a time, I thought it was ok, and I went out and man, it just wasn't.

Pam,
I am heartbroken for the wonderful folks in Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs! My new husband and I hiked up Pikes Peak and got married at the summit in Septmeber and spent the next day hiking in Waldo Canyon. It was so beautiful and the best few days of my life! The people treated us like royalty and made us feel so special. These are down to earth, hardworking, lovely people! I am just shocked at the devistation. I am humbled by the acts of heroism I've read about.

Thanks for the prayers and all the good thoughts sent this way. It is a very scary situation. Its the worst possible conditions for fires: very dry, high temperatures and wind. At least we have had some rain in parts of the state in the past 2 days. Hope you got some in Colo Spgs. I am in a part of the Colorado mountains with no fires, yet. So, can't totally feel what you are going through, but the news stories often bring tears for what you are going through. From another Colorado Pam.

Prayers are definitely being lifted up for you all in Colorado! My sister, brother in law, niece and nephews live in Colorado Springs. They finally had to break down and put A/C in their house b/c they aren't able to keep the windows open like they have in summer's past. I know this is a very scary, tense situation for them and all in CO. God willing the fires will be controlled soon.

Thank you all soo much for your prayers! Let's all start doing a rain dance and maybe we'll get some MUCH needed rain! Like Colorado Pam said, the conditions are absolutely horrible! Rain, rain, come this way!!

I believe they are getting a handle on the fire, but: the devestation is just heartbreaking! :(

Keep the prayers & rain dances coming!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.