Clean Eating

kdl3125

I hear/read a lot about clean eating and how that helps with muscle definition. Could you educated ladies give an example of a typical day of eating that way.
Thanks.
kdl

Well mine is not 100% clean, it is healthy.
Example of what I ate yesterday:

Meal 1: Kashi High Protein Cereal mixed with 1 vanilla scoop of protein powder

Meal 2: Spaghetti (2c of wheat noodles w/meat sauce), motz. cheese stick

Meal 3: Chicken Sub (pure chicken meat on whole wheat sub w/lettuce), apple

Meal 4: Protein Bar, pineapple

Meal 5: Home made Beef Stew

Meal 6: Protein Shake

Charlotte~~

And here is what I ate yesterday....

BF 2 whole wheat pancakes make from scratch with 1 cup fresh berries and glass of skim milk

sn a bowl of Optimum Power (organic and with flax seed) cereal with skim milk

L 1 cup cottage cheese with 1 diced green and 1 red pepper with pepper and an apple

sn glass of organic soy milk and 1 oz of almonds

D 2 cups shredded dark green romaine lettuce and one chicken breast

drink water all day long :)

I try to eat food in its most natural state and make everything from scratch. Of course cereal isn't in any natural state, so I make sure that the ingredients exclude refined/bleached white flour and sugar and are made with the healthiest ingredients possible. Some days I will have organic yogurt with walnuts, some mornings I will have oatmeal, but I never eat canned fruit or vegetables, they have a ton of syrup in them and the nutrients disappear after time.

HTH!
Missy

Yesterday's menu:

Meal 1: Steel cut Irish oats with 8 oz. skim milk and Splenda
Meal 2: Fat free cottage cheese with 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder and 1 nectarine
Meal 3: A tofu burger and 2 small zucchini grilled (sprayed with Pam and seasoned with a premixed garlic seasoning
Meal 4: 7 almonds and a mozzarella stick
Meal 5: 5 oz. salmon, 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, about a cup of sauteed mushrooms, garlic and broccoli
64 oz. of water throughout the day

Margaret

I'll chime in for fun. Here is what i have eaten today....

b - 6 egg whites with 1 cup spinach and some feta.
s - apple w/ PB
l - Turkey sandwich w/ small side salad
S - cottage cheese and a peach
d - leftover spaghetti and home made turkey meaatballs.

Clean eating os really just trying to eat as naturally as possible. Try to stay away from anything packaged or anything with hydrogenated oils. I have recently started doing this for about 85% of my day and I immediately lost 5 lbs. I also gave up caffeine. It is also to stay away from refined sugars. Good Luck! It is hard at first but then your body gets totally used to it and you stop craving junk.

Susan

When I got serious about eating clean a few months ago, the fat around my middle started to melt right off.

I cut out almost all flour and sugar -- bread, cookies, cakes, crackers, pies, candy, etc.

I do eat Ezekiel flourless sprouted grain bread :9 and once in a while I'll eat a few Triscuits with part skim mozzarella.

I eat egg whites a lot, chicken, tuna, various beans/legumes, sweet potatoes, occasionally some brown rice or whole wheat pasta, lots of fresh fruit and veggies.

I drink lots of water all day long.

I hardly ever drink alcohol, and when I do it's one drink (a glass of wine at Thanksgiving/Christmas, etc.) Last year dh and I drank Mike's Hard Limes and beer all summer and we ate junky food right along with it. We are SO much more fit this summer because we drink water instead. :)

HTH!

Marla

Thanks so much you guys, you have given me some great ideas. With summer here, I'm finding it hard to eat healthy (too much ice cream etc.:)).
kdl

Here's what I had yesterday:

breakfast:
canadian bacon and some fruit (1 peach and 1 plum) **I also like to eat pineapple with the canadian bacon,** water

lunch:
california wrap (chicken) - this is just marinated chicken, and some veggies, wrapped in leaf of boston lettuce. You can fill the lettuce "wrap" with anything you like. :) , water

dinner:
grilled salmon with stir-fried greenbeans (in sesamee seed oil), and 1/2 orange for dessert, unsweetned iced tea
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rely on grilling a lot. Wood chips are great for adding flavor, without having to use a lot of sauces. The only "processed" food I ever use really is maybe a lite soy sauce or some plum sauce (for stir fries), etc. But other than that, I don't use many sauces. I don't eat bread or rice. I do eat wild rice on occasion, but that's not really "rice". So, I think that's ok? I hope.

I've found that the easiest way to eat clean, is to just get rid of all processed food from the pantry. If I don't have it in the house, we can't eat it. And we do grocery shop (organic foods) almost daily for meats, fruits and veggies. I find there is just such a big difference in eating fresh meats, as opposed to frozen/thawed ones. And always buy in-season produce. It really does matter. :)

This is what I ate yesterday:

Meal # 1: cookie crisp cereal with whole milk
Meal # 2: 4 ritz crackers w/easy cheese and a coke
Meal # 3: peanutbutter/jelly sandwich on whitebread & glass of whole milk
Meal # 4: 4 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of whole milk
Meal # 5: small bag of potato chips and a coke
Meal # 6: steak umm sandwich, doritos and a coke

:p :p :p Just kidding ofcourse! :p :p :p

Wendy - thank goodness you were kidding!!! LOL! ;) Sadly enough, that is a very typical American day of eating. Although, Steak Umm, Doritos and a Coke sounds pretty good right about now. I'm hungry! :9

Ahh, something you must not have in Canada. They are thin slices of greasy beef that you buy in the frozen foods section, and you fry them up in a pan, serve them on a hoagie roll with some cheese and mayo or whatever you like on them. My mom used to make them a lot when I was younger. My arteries get hard just thinking about them!

Wendy - Oh my gosh you brought up some oldie but goodies! Cookie Crisp cereal and Steak Umms!!! I used to love Steak Umms cooked in a skillet with Worstershire(sp?) sauce. Yum Yum!! I had completely forgotten about those.:9

Katie

Wasn't there a daily thread of meals/ideas at one time? That was helpful...

Yesterday was not the greatest...

B - 1 C plain/lowfat yogurt mixed with frozen (thawed) strawberries & one packet splenda

L - Subway turkey breast/veg wrap, small bag of Sun Chips, diet coke:9

Snack - 1/2 C lowfat cottage cheese mixed with black pepper ranch soup mix

D - Grilled chicken breast, steamed green beans, unsweetened applesauce

Afterwards...two bud lights, small handful of pretzels:+

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.