Cathletes Gettin' To Goal Aug.16-22~All Welcome!

pugw

Cathlete
Hi all! I hope everyone has had a nice weekend so far. :D Not much happening here today. I went to church this morning and DH and I went swimming for a while when we got home. The water felt sooooo good. He's already talking about going out to eat this afternoon. We tend to eat out a lot on the weekends and I always struggle trying to rein it in when we do.:confused:

Hi Nancy. I see that you've already posted on the other thread. :) I'm thinking it will probably be easier to keep up if we do a weekly thread. I hope that's okay with everyone. If not, we'll do something else. :D WTG on passing up the ice cream.

Edited to add that today is a rest day for me. I usually always take my rest day on Sundays.

Last edited:
Having a pool is something I have often wished for. We never put one in when our daughter was little because of the constant vigilance needed. Now it would just be me who would use it, so it's kind of hard to justify.

I think the weekly thread is much easier to keep track of, Rhondalynn. I wasn't paying attention to the date when I posted on the other one. I just need to remember that the new one starts on Sundays.

Have a good week everyone!

Good Morning!

I started STS this morning. This will be my second rotation and then I probably won't do it again until spring.
Gotta love all those push-ups in Disc 1.
eyes.gif
No doubt I'll be feeling them tomorrow. :eek:

My weekend started off good but didn't end up so well. I've got to do better with the eating out issue. :( I'll update my wt ticker weekly. I believe that I started it on Thursday so I'll stick with that.

So how did everyone do over the weekend?

Happy Monday, hope everyone had a nice weekend without too many cheats! I did fairly well. I ususally have 1 cheat meal on the weekend since we also like to eat out once a week...We went to Fudruckers and I got a grilled chicken salad...that part was good...my cheat was the squirt nacho cheese that Fudruckers is know for...so today I'm back to Muscle Milk light, tuna,PB, eggs, whole grains and fruit/veg. We'll see what Friday's weigh-in brings. I got 2 new attachements to my lat pull machine this weekend, so I'm pumped to hit the upper body hard this week...sore after the floor work pre-mix on Butts & Guts yesterday. I love reading everyone's posts! This is great!

By the way, if anyone can offer any help on setting up a ticker, that would be grteat. I went to the STS forum and tried their instructions, but the first thing it says is to enter your weights...but where??

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope everyone's week is off to a great start! :)

Rhondalynn: Wow! STS for the 2nd time!! Way to go! Weekends are so hard for me too, especially if we go out.

Lacy: Have fun with your new pulldown bar! Gosh I love Fudruckers-didn't know they had squirt nacho cheese! :eek: In high school, I worked at Arby's. I put their squirt cheese on EVERYTHING! :D I think you need to start in the "Cathe Fun" section on the top of the website to get the ticker to be linked to your signature. After that I'm not sure. Big help, right? ;)

Nancy: Hope you had fun with your sister's kids! Good job staying strong and not eating the ice cream! :)

Linda: How was your WW's trial walk? Good luck to you and your hubby in Santa Monica. I can relate to your poor husband's pain! That is exactly where mine is! Mine is caused by my low back(bulged disc & stenosis) but the pain is sciatic and in my piformis-it's all on the right side. I hope he gets some relief soon!

This weekend went pretty well for me. Just a few minor issues with straying into the kitchen. The weather was weird-rain then sun then rain-so I was inside a lot. I was also having more pain (sciatic pain down my right leg & my hip) all weekend so I need to stand a lot; so why not stand in front of the fridge? :(:confused:

Anyway, this week is off to a great start! I feel very motivated! I got up at 5:00 am and did Ramp It Up from Slim in 6 and a Tamilee stretching dvd. Felt great! Tonight I'll walk the dog for 30 minutes or so then more stretching. Foodwise has been great today. I'm logging everything into dailyplate.com. Feels good!!

I need to updated my weight ticker as I stepped on the scale this morning and now know exactly HOW far off track I have been! Looks like I need to lose a few more pounds than 30...:eek::(:eek:

So far today, at work, I've managed to stay away from the caramel something or others in the kitchen and when faced with a stressful situation (who in the heck cancelled, yes cancelled ALL of my state contractors licence bonds????), I didn't go in search of some candy. Yay! :D

Lisa :D

Good afternoon, everyone.

sounds like everyone is off to a good start so far this week. I am struggling with getting in my milk and I did breakdown and have a big glass of soda last night :-( but none the previous 3 days! I have eaten well so far today.

I did Imax 2 yesterday and today is a day off. Plus it is so gosh darn hot and humid here. I don't know how you southerners stand it. People all around us complained that we had no summer weather (we spent a lot of days in the 70's and low 80's) and now they are complaining it is too hot. Bring on the 70's, it is my favorite temp.

I am going to try and put that weight ticker up because I weighed myself and I now need to lose more than 5 pounds to get to 125. I hope it works.

Lacy, I can't find that Basic Step DVD. My sister borrowed some of my Cathe dvds and must still have it. I will have her look for it tonight. I told you I would send it to you thinking that I had it. I will keep you updated.

Hi everyone! I have time for a quick check-in before I have to take my DD to preschool.

I'm doing pretty good keeping on track. I just finished my workout: Muscle Endurance plus Boot Camp cardio. Been pretty good eating-wise (could be better:p) Not a bad weekend; went to Tucson on Saturday to do some shopping, ate sushi (ever go to Sakura Nancy?) had a little popcorn at the movies but did decline the ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. Sunday we had a potluck at church for a members 80th birthday. Made sure I got in the back of the line so there was little food left :) and only had a very small sliver of cake.

Well gotta run I'll come back and do personals later.:)

Oh, and for the weight ticker. You need to go to User CP and click on Edit Signature to get it to show up in your signature line. HTH

Just want to see if my ticker shows up. BTW, I had no idea that you could go to the Cathe Nation and get to all the things that are there. My bookmark is set to the cathe.com and it directs me to there. I never knew all this other stuff was there. Ok, let's hope this works.

One other thing...Rhondalynn, I did check yes for the friends request about 2 weeks ago but it still shows up as me not answering.

One other thing...Rhondalynn, I did check yes for the friends request about 2 weeks ago but it still shows up as me not answering.
When I tried to befriend you again, it said that the friendship was pending.
confused.gif

It looks like we're all a tickin' now. :D

It's Monday!

Great to see everyone here again this week, and it sounds like the enthusiasm and determination is strong. I am extremely happy to report that I lost 5.6 lbs last week on my 1-week deplete for Crack The Fat Loss Code. Woohoo! Naturally, it won't continue at that rate, but what a great boost to get me going. Motivation comes from results and results come from determination. I just wish I could get my ticker working. It's not pulling from the Weigh In portion of the Workout Manager, saying I don't have any data in there. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I did post a question on the Website help forum. Anyway, things are going well.

Rhondalynn, that's exciting that you're starting STS again. I'll be following behind you in September. I forgot to mention that I did not work out again today; errands got in the way this morning and I let the day get away from me. I'll definitely be picking up with the August rotation tomorrow where I left off on Friday.

Lacy, we have Fuddrucker's here, but it's on the other side of town and I've never eaten there. I hear it's really good, though. Let us know how your new upper body workout goes. Are you doing your own thing for those workouts?

Lisa, you poor thing! You are really dealing with a lot with your back. I'm surprised you could walk at all with all of those RT workouts. I know I was having trouble! You're so young to have stenosis. My husband has it and it really gives him trouble, but it's not severe enough, apparently, yet for surgery. It's almost a shame, as I know several people who have had the surgery and their relief was immediate, although the recovery time was a few months. I admire your determination to continue working out. Nice going on resisting the junk in the face of stress.

Melissa, we've all been complaining about the heat here this summer, even though we don't get the humidity a lot of places do -- except in July and August when it's high for the monsoon season (or the non-soon as we've been calling it this year since it's been less than productive). It has really affected me more than usual and I'm wondering whether it's because I'm at home for the first time, rather than being cocooned in an office all day long. We have air conditioning at home, but it's not that closed air atmosphere that an office building has. So kudos to you for getting Imax2 in!

Jacque, Muscle Endurance is my next scheduled workout so I expect to be doing it tomorrow. I don't think I've done it more than once or twice before, so I don't remember what to expect. Of course, I don't really remember what I had for breakfast! :rolleyes: I'm not a sushi fan, so I've not been to Sakura, but glad you had a nice dinner. I'm amazed you could pass up Cold Stone Creamery. I prefer good old Baskin Robbins or Marble Slab, but I would take CSC in a pinch.

Keep up the hard work and have a great Tuesday!

P.S. My ticker is up to date because I deleted the original and hand-entered a current one. I hope that SNM can help me tomorrow to get it automated.

Last edited:
Nancy- Congratulations on the weight loss! That is so great! I don't do Muscle Enduance very often but there are two things I remember: the bicep section is a burner and endless leg presses. :D

I just ate pizza and now I feel uggg:confused: I shouldn't of ate that! I left the office late and was too lazy to come home and make dinner.:(

Nancy- Congratulations on the weight loss! That is so great! I don't do Muscle Enduance very often but there are two things I remember: the bicep section is a burner and endless leg presses. :D

I just ate pizza and now I feel uggg:confused: I shouldn't of ate that! I left the office late and was too lazy to come home and make dinner.:(

Thanks for the warning on the leg presses <cringes in fear> I know just what you mean about being too worn out (not lazy) to make dinner. We had a lot of takeout when I was working. Usually tried to make it relatively healthy, but still...

YAY! Nancy!! Way to go!! You must be so proud of yourself! That is very inspiring! :D

p.s. Melissa and Nancy, please send the warm weather to MN-we haven't had much of a summer. :(

Hi all!

Yay, Nancy! Doing the happy dance for you.
83015c4f75511f656a94593c6025848edd400e4_t.gif
Don't feel bad about not remembering what's on a w/o. Every time I do one it's like brand new. ;)

Jacque, I had pizza last night, too. But mine was made on a Joseph's heart-healthy pita. :D It worked for me. :eek:

I was also having more pain (sciatic pain down my right leg & my hip) all weekend so I need to stand a lot; so why not stand in front of the fridge? :(:confused:
b1f15b437f5b1e639c864028396fd7e69e9018b.gif
Not laughing at your pain. I'm sorry to hear that. :( But I can relate to standing in front of the fridge. It sounds like this week is off to a better start, Lisa. Good job staying away from the caramelly ( I know that's not a word) things. :)

Well, I did IMAX 2 this morning and it just about slayed me. I was going to try to follow Cathe's suggested rotation as close as possible this time around but I think I need to play it by ear and do what I know my body is capable of on that particular day.:confused: IMAX 2 is such a fun w/o though.

Gotta run. I've got a lot to do today and haven't done any of it yet. :eek:

It's Tuesday!

Hi, all! Thanks so much for the hearty words of congratulations about my weight loss last week. Wouldn't it be great if that was a normal week?!:p I expect it to slow down significantly from here, but it feels so good to have even gotten started, let alone lose so much. I feel better and a few things already fit a tiny bit better.

Rhondalynn, nice try with Imax 2. It is a fun workout, isn't it? I had to seriously modify the other day, too, but I'm trying to accept that right now. My endurance and strength are so down right now. I can only attribute it to the increased body weight and the heat. I had decided in advance that I'm doing the August rotation with an extra rest day each week for now, so don't feel like you're alone if you need to change things up.

Lisa, you're welcome to about 20 degrees of ours right now!

Today was Muscle Endurance for me. I made it through, but I'm glad no one was watching me struggle :rolleyes:. But I had to remind myself that the only way to get to where I was and beyond is to just keep doing it.

Happy Wednesday

Good day ladies. Are we still doing ok? I love reading everyone's posts; they let me know that I am not alone and I am loving this. I haven't been eating as well as I should but I have been great about my workouts. I did hit the snooze for almost 40 minutes this morning but eventually I did get up and workout. 4:30 comes waaaaay too early some days. I am a little disappointed because just a few weeks ago i was running at 5 am and it was light. Now when i come up from the basement after working out at 5:45 it is still dark. I don't like running on the treadmill but think I am going to have to do that so I can get some runs in during the week. Anyway, I did GS Shoulders and Biceps this morning. I would have done back too but hitting that snooze too many times set me back a bit.

I do sort of feel like I am in a rut. I rarely seem to increase my weights. Should I be working my muscles more than 1x per week? The only increase I have made in months is going from a 20# barbell to a 25# bb for biceps. I am just so shocked at how heavy Cathe goes on some things. 15# for shoulders and I am struggling with 8.

Have a great day girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.