Cathe's 2010 Intensity Workout?

JT

Cathlete
Thoughts, Please? Never done this workout before although I've owned it for well over a year, I've already done Lower Body Blast and High Reps after one round of LIS and some STS cardio.

TIA.

LOVE Intensity!! Definitely extremely tough, I'm always grateful for the low impact HiiT at the end, which really isn't all that much of a break, but it's a break from the jumping lol. I actually didn't love this one immediately, so give it a few tries if you're not in love on the first try. It's so worth it!

Just did this one yesterday after not having pulled it out in a while. Sweaty, aweome workout! Really good premixes, too. Heart-rate is on the high side for the duration. Nothing bad to say!

Aimee

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Intensity. Love the music, the choreography, the variety. It is my absolute favorite cardio workout from Cathe. I love it even more than Imax2, and that is saying a lot for me because Imax2 used to be my all-time favorite.

jbliff, LOVING it more than IMAx2 is saying alot. Didn't think anything could beat Buttercup.

I need to modify certain high-impact moves in Intensity (e.g., I do sumos instead of plie jacks), and I do the low-impact HiiT but not the high-impact HiiT segment. I particularly like the Intensity Max section, which is about 9 minutes long. I often tack it onto the end of other programs, including the new low impact series, just to make sure I got in a good cardio blast.

I like IMAX2 better than Intensity largely because the impact doesn't seem as severe (perhaps because I've managed to modify it enough times that I don't need to think about it as much). Nothing beats buttercup (actually I think buttercup is part of Cardio and Weights, which is on the same disk as IMAX2)!

CommittedtoFitness-
Yes, I believe you are correct about Buttercup. I haven't do C&W in a long time.
Well, after previewing this workout, honestly I think I will do Cycle Reebok foundational ride or Circuit Blast b/c I'm not quite there yet. Hoping to do LIS one more time then move forward into Cathe's other series.

I love and adore a brutal butt-kicking by Cathe, one that leaves me a sweaty, sucking-for-air blob.

When I got the LIS I thought that would be Afterburn. In fact after doing AB the first time I was sure of it. The 2nd time through, I was surprised at how much easier AB felt, and this week when I did it a 3rd time, I found it to be on the level of IMAX3 in terms of sweatfest, but MUCH more doable than the 1st time through.

I came away realizing that for all-out all out, there is nothing IMO, like Intensity. I love love LOVE that workout. That wind-sucking, chest-exploding, cry-for-mercy is the best, and Intensity delivers like no other (well, except for maybe an A-Jock mish-mosh.) Give it a shot and enjoy.

JT, if you don't feel you are ready for the whole of Intensity, try the Low Impact Hiit and Bootcamp premix (about 34 minutes). It gives you a flavor of the workout without being killer. If you can do Circuit Blast, then you can do this premix.

I am new to Cathe but Intensity and the HIIT's were my first experiences with her. At first, I LOVED the HIIT's but Intensity, not so much. I think it was because I was new to step and found the choreography very confusing. So I went back and found Basic Step/Body Fusion which helped me through Intensity. Now I ADORE IT! Whenever I want step/hiit/bootcamp, it's my go-to video. I like the step portion very much, not too complicated, and I love the blasts, they really make you feel like your heart is going to come out of your throat! I would highly recommend it :)

Ok, I did Circuit Blast last night except for one circuit. Did more than I thought I could so I will try the premix to learn the step routine. Although, today I am spinning and then 40/20 HiIT this week.

my go-to workout

One of my top favorites! As always the coreography and the music are great, and I love the extras; what great variety on one DVD!

I love Intensity! There is virtually no learning curve; you can jump right into it! I always have this little voice telling me that it would be okay to quit after the high impact HiiT segment :eek:, but somehow I pull it out and do the whole thing!:eek: I always feel accomplished after that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.