Cathe, need a suggestions for losing 20-30 lbs

Hi Stetter, I have lost a total of 32 i/2 ilbs as of today. I am done with this rotation for a well. I will be back to work on Sept 7 , so working out 2x a day it not possible for me. I am basically following the rotation but I workout 2x a day on weekends only and I do workout a least 1x a day with one day as a rest day. It was very hard to workout 2x a day in the beginning but now that I am down to 1x a day, I actually miss the 2nd workout of the day (it is hard to belive that I miss that workout). I guess my body got used to it. I also modified some of Cathes cardio for walking (one hour of brisk walking). When I started this rotation I weight 225-230ilbs . I am so happy to be under the 200ilb mark:7 I lost my workout logbook where I kept track of what Dvd I did and my weight charts, so I cant tell how much I lost on a weekly basis. But this is a awesome rotation if you have the time. Before this rotation I had to modify some (ok most)of Cathes tapes, but now I can complete them all expect Step Blast. I believe I can do the Imax 2 workout with my eyes closed. This is such an accomplishment for me. One final note this is an extreme rotation, there are days where your body is telling you to rest so please do. thanks for asking.. Chap:7

Wow!

That's fantastic! Cathe gave you a very tough rotation. You must & should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Debra

RE: Wow!

Way to go and follow through, Chap! Thanks for the update.

I'm trying this rotation but don't know if I'll be able to commit to 2 workouts a day in the long run.

C:)

Eat to Live book

DrDavid and Carole! I am about half way through this book ("Eat to Live") now and it's so interesting. I am going to start eating this way...not totally vegetarian but will eat meat like once or twice a week. I've been eating more fruits and veggies than ever before, these last few days! I feel great!

:)

RE: Eat to Live book

Hi Dani...I am so glad you got this book! I haven't seen Dr David posting anywhere?...I sure would like to thank him as it is because of him I got this book. It has really changed my life. My DH's too! We had started out eating a little animal protein but to my DH's suggestion we decided to go completely vegetarian. We have both lost weight and feel great. Here is a good website too for info about Dr Fuhrman and others. www.vegsource.com ....:)...Carole

RE: Dr. David!

I loved reading your post. I bought it too. I loved it. I am 30 pounds overweight at 32. I have not made the diet changes he suggets. It seems so different than the way I eat. I have two young girls 4 and 2 they would not be able to eat this way to low cal. Cindy:)

I just finished reading this book! I was so anxious to read it that I purchased the e-book. Very good information. I'm already vegetarian, but haven't made the vegan switch. My lifestyle might make it tough--I'm a college student and dorming! But after reading this book, I'm going to make an effort at it.

I've also read a great book called "How to Be Naturally Thin By Eating More" written by Jean Antonello..this book tells you when and how to eat (the basic premise is eating within 10 minutes of feeling hunger signals and stopping when full), whereas Eat To Live tells you what type of food to eat. I think the principles of both books are going to work well together for me. :)

Take Care,

Kathleen

I was just wondering if I could get any feedback from others that have followed this rotation! Good, bad, hard, easy, lost x amt of pounds? TIA!

Hi everyone. I wanted to comment on my experience with Eat to Live, which I do think is fairly good. But for me, and I don't speak for everyone, I could not manage Cathe on this way of eating. Simply not enough sustenance!!! If anyone's been able to make it work, let me know what you're doing!

futurefitnessdyanmo, I started ETL last May. I also started P90X and getting back to running after an injury. The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me...my long runs were awful as I was weak. I got a sports gel with some protein in it and that helped ALOT!. I just did a marathon on Jan 1st after 3 months of training, some P90X and some Cathe. You have to eat ALOT...but the right foods. I am Vegan except for occasional whey protein powder. I tracked my first 2 months on www.fitday.com as I was worried about decreasing my protein. Your body will adjust. I went from eating about 120 grams of protein to about 80 then down to about 65 and I feel great!! I believe too much protein ultimately can be bad for your bod. I did cheat a bit at X-mas...See's candy and Peanut M&M's:+ , but back on track now. I gained about 4 lbs from the 21 I lost. I have had more compliments on looking more lean and cut since becoming vegan and the intense working out I do. Did you try adding some protein powder to the ETL diet as in smoothies?? Also remembering to eat at least a cup of beans a day helped me too...:)...Carole

Hi, I am the one who asked cathe for this rotation. Although I am not working out 2x a day, I have lost a total of 52 lbs. I am almost at my goal of of 150. Hopefully the hardcore series will bring me to my goal weight. I am now focusing on cardio 6x a week (30 -60 minutes each session) and weight training (fully body) twice a week. But I loved my results from this rotation. Good health to all..Chap

Hey Chap!
I'm so happy for you! Very proud of you. I think I'm going to try and get my parents to do this rotation. My father is 230 and my mom is about 190. Both are going to be 52 this year. I really want them around at least 25 more years so I'm really going to try to get them taking care of themselves. Last year I got them to workout a little here and there but they just don't stick with anything. They know they need to. I can't find anything to motivate them to stick with it. My mom has been wearing my father's pants b/c hers are too tight. I need to get them to do something fast!

~Reece~

Hi, and thanks for your kind words. I just got my mother started on this rotation, however she wanted me to give her a pre-conditioning to the conditioning rotation. So I made a rotation for 6 weeks using the basic step/body fusion and some of the pure strength series, before she can begin the actual rotation. If you would like a copy of it just let me know. Chap

Congratulations, Chapplin! I remember when Cathe first responded to your post and wondered whether 2x/day might be too much. Sounds like you listened to your body, but kept plugging away. I admire your dedication and wish you continued success. :)

To all you Eat To Live-ers -- I just posted a thread on Open Discussion to discuss ETL hints and ways to stick with it. (I'm actually hoping you can help me with the stick with it stuff :)). I've had great success with it, but I end up getting restless because I'm just haven't figured out enough ways to love vegetables.

So please come join the thread -- I need you! ;-) http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=116180&mesg_id=116180&page=

Chap! Congratulations!! I've been thinking about you (I have a prinout of the orginal post and Cathe's reply) and wondering how you are doing. You should be VERY proud of yourself! Way to go!!

Good morning, Reece
On the rotation suggestion forum, I gave the rotation that I made for my mom and sister in law to follow before proceding to the actual rotation. I hope this help your parents. Chap

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.