Cathe’s Amazon store Vs Shop Cathe

ashaw

Cathlete
I’m finding that I have a need for the mini mat for the step. I was planning to purchase it on shop Cathe and use that 20% off STS ready coupon until I saw shipping alone would be around $14. I went to Amazon and the exact same item from the Cathe Amazon store is around $23 but with free shipping. It’s a no brainer for me to get this on Amazon. I wonder why the shipping is free when ordered through Amazon since it’s still an official Cathe store.

Last edited:
Hi ashaw,

Though we have our own Shop.Cathe store and a Cathe Amazon store, each is a little different. I think you will find on our site the total price is usually lower on most, but not all items as our quantity discounts, pre-sales, deal of the day, and other coupons are not offered on our Amazon store. Though we too offer free shipping on our site for most orders over $50, we can't offer free shipping on heavier or oversized items. So, these items might be cheaper on our Amazon store depending on what else you order.

We also can't compete on shipping costs with Amazon as the post office and other carriers charge Amazon a rate that is many times less than what they charge us for the same package. You will find some products in our Amazon store that are cheaper because of shipping, but this depends on what else you order as our coupons and quantity discounts can more than offset the shipping costs sometimes. You also have to remember that in order to get free shipping on Amazon you have to pay a pretty hefty annual fee that we don't charge on our site.

The good news is, you can purchase from either store depending on which you feel is the better deal for the items you want to purchase.

Hi ashaw,

Though we have our own Shop.Cathe store and a Cathe Amazon store, each is a little different. I think you will find on our site the total price is usually lower on most, but not all items as our quantity discounts, pre-sales, deal of the day, and other coupons are not offered on our Amazon store. Though we too offer free shipping on our site for most orders over $50, we can't offer free shipping on heavier or oversized items. So, these items might be cheaper on our Amazon store depending on what else you order.

We also can't compete on shipping costs with Amazon as the post office and other carriers charge Amazon a rate that is many times less than what they charge us for the same package. You will find some products in our Amazon store that are cheaper because of shipping, but this depends on what else you order as our coupons and quantity discounts can more than offset the shipping costs sometimes. You also have to remember that in order to get free shipping on Amazon you have to pay a pretty hefty annual fee that we don't charge on our site.

The good news is, you can purchase from either store depending on which you feel is the better deal for the items you want to purchase.
Thank you! I figured the difference in shipping prices had something to do with Amazon’s massive shipping fleet and partnerships.

In other words, I’m starting week 2 of STS2.0 and love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.